Asia Cup | 2nd Match | India vs Sri Lanka | Dhaka | 13th March , 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
PK - 125 - 129
IP - 126 - 131
VK - 125 - 130

Umesh - 140 - 148

At least one guy should have pace...!!

Why does vinay kumar runs so fast and bowls so slow.. he can walk a few steps and bowl with this speed I think.

Is the 1st time ever a team has started an ODI with spinners bowling at each end with new ball?

SL 65/1 after 10 overs

no turn for Indias spinner so far.

Is the 1st time ever a team has started an ODI with spinners bowling at each end with new ball?

Slow Right Arm and Slow Left Arm is a more fitting description. Spinners spin the ball, these guys can't. :danish

Mahela looks in good touch, pretty good record as an opener in ODIs as well.

VK, PK, hell I'll say without even watching him properly that even Dinda is crap.

Umesh, Aaron (who seems perpetually injured :( ), ZK and Ashwin should be the frontline bowlers. Irfan as the medium pace allrounder. That's 50 overs. Rahul Sharma/Harbhajan can replace Aaron/Umesh on spin friendly wickets. Raina, Sehwag and Rohit can fill in if there is some bowler having an off day.

Last edited:
Indian bowlers are gifting SL runs here with ease and no pressure at all!

206 at a run a ball. These batsmen against these bowlers ought to do it really.

100 up for Lankans. Great batting and some very ordinary bowling

Batting

Harbhajan >> Jadeja

Bowling

Harbhajan >>> Jadeja

And the poor guy gets left out due to this crap. :))

Harbhajan is the worst spinner in the world, please do not display his prehistoric records, the guy is getting hammered left right and center in domestic cricket.

Harbhajan is the worst spinner in the world, please do not display his prehistoric records, the guy is getting hammered left right and center in domestic cricket.

Be careful of what you say about Bhajji. He may clobber you as he is in company of Wrestlers of late ;-)
Ring_Ka_King_Harbhajan.jpg

@shortbread - its not always about domestic performance. or else VK would have been setting the world on fire.

Still these are the figures for Bhajji in the last few matches:

39*, 1/28 Punjab v Bengal Delhi 10 Mar 2012 List A
1/40 Punjab v Hyderabad Delhi 7 Mar 2012 List A
3/35, 79* Punjab v Maharashtra Delhi 5 Mar 2012 List A

Also Rahul Sharma is pretty average going by domestic stats and Jogi averages 20.xx (I used to advocate for him here before realizing) but theres an X factor which always helps.

India has failed to defend a score of 300+ record number of times.

Looks like i can get into indian team if i start bowling. :facepalm:

how many times have we seen that from mahela its as bad as Kamran flashing to gully all the time

Plus in over 229 ODI matches Harbhajan has conceded 60+ runs in only 8 games!!! And he almost always bowls his full quota of overs.

Compare that with someone like Pathan who's done the same 16 times in 113 matches or Zaheer 24 times in 195 matches.

He's economical, creates pressure and the likes of Zaheer cash on. What we are seeing now is utter saamoohik ..

We can replace Vinay kumar with Bhajji but not with Jaddu.

This, is defensive captaincy. Dhoni almost always brings back his most crappiest bowler in the most crucial stage of the game to let him complete a few more overs of his crap spell while the batsmen get adjusted to the pitch. In the mean time - yes, the batsmen get adjusted to the pitch.

Good throw...if not a wicket...they will be thinking twice before taking off next time :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

A string of 4-5 silent overs will fetch a wicket...hopeful !!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

:four

This, is defensive captaincy. Dhoni almost always brings back his most crappiest bowler in the most crucial stage of the game to let him complete a few more overs of his crap spell while the batsmen get adjusted to the pitch. In the mean time - yes, the batsmen get adjusted to the pitch.

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back