Asia Cup | 2nd Match | India vs Sri Lanka | Dhaka | 13th March , 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
The two dismissals tell you that scoring freely is still tough on this pitch. 280 should be a comfortable winning total guys.

Who would believe Virat is only 23 looking at his batting ? unbeliveable maturity for his age

this guy kohli is gold. If he continues to bat like this he'll soon be scoring centuries for fun. I like the way he builds his innings with singles and doubles. And he seems mentally strong which is important. Rahul dravid's replacement. Still got a long way to go though

6 overs to go I think India will make 280 if they do make 280 only then it is game on!!

Lankans bowling good amount of yorkers and slower balls

indian bastmen kohli and gambhir once again playing for themselves and their own meaningless stats with selfish bleep test running centuries on flat wickets, no aggression at all only seven boundaries each :))

one of these batsmen should have cut loose earlier whilst the other one played that anchor role and rotated the strike

270-280 is about par score on these bangla pitches, really on these flat pitches against tougher opposition 300 is not safe.

If India can't get to 300 then it will be a poor effort, The pitch is flat as hell.

Dot balls, WTH :facepalm:

blame the centurions, they played selfish innings and then threw their wickets aways which is criminal sin

now u have 2 new batsmen at the crease and u can't expect for them to get their eye in within 5 overs and start hitting sixes for fun its not easy eventhough dhoni and raina are class acts.

More sixes will be appreciated :22:

Times like these make me miss big Yusuf Pathan :(

indian bastmen kohli and gambhir once again playing for themselves and their own meaningless stats with selfish bleep test running centuries on flat wickets, no aggression at all only seven boundaries each :))

one of these batsmen should have cut loose earlier whilst the other one played that anchor role and rotated the strike

270-280 is about par score on these bangla pitches, really on these flat pitches against tougher opposition 300 is not safe.

Exactly. And Umar Akmal + Afridi are the brightest and the most unselfish players according to you.

blame the centurions, they played selfish innings and then threw their wickets aways which is criminal sin

now u have 2 new batsmen at the crease and u can't expect for them to get their eye in within 5 overs and start hitting sixes for fun its not easy eventhough dhoni and raina are class acts.

The unselfish Pakistani is here :yk

*pops out angel wings*

Vinay Kumar will be lethal today, not joking, medium pacers like him get rewarded heavily here also Ashwin will do wonders.

did you evevn watch the match ? The pitch is not easy to hit out . That was one of the best displays of batting you saw on slow pitches . which tougher opposition 300 is not safe ? lol

Dhoni hits a six. Now if India win by 6 runs, it will be difficult to decide whether that's Dhoni's 6 or Sachin's 6.

Dhoni and Raina are the best pair that can thrive in situations like these and can use the opportunity to score too. Kohli and Gambhir gave India the vital start they need and its time for Raina and Dhoni to capitalise on it and take India to a high score...

from CB

2 more, Mahroof again in the action. Running a lot, poor man :23:

did you evevn watch the match ? The pitch is not easy to hit out . That was one of the best displays of batting you saw on slow pitches . which tougher opposition 300 is not safe ? lol

yes i'm watching match

its a flat slow paratha wicket of bangladesh

i'm watching it now dhoni and raina comfortably scoring boundaries

50 of 30 balls......

Cant deny it....in the subcontinent SL and India have really scary batting line ups!!

2 more, Indian batsmen have been making everyone run today. :D

Exactly. And Umar Akmal + Afridi are the brightest and the most unselfish players according to you.

our middle order doesn't do anything for umar akmal and afridi

eventhough indian top order and middle order bar sehwag will play selfish innings, least they put on a score to set it up for some of the best finishers in the game dhoni , raina, pathan.

what does our middle order do apart from stall the whole innings , even when our openers fire , the middle order still fails then expects umar or afridi and in the past razzaq to hit every ball for six.

Lakmal's full tosses dont have the effect on Dhoni, unlike the pensioner Tendulkar!!

dhoni is one of the best finishers of the game i rate this guy over micheal bevan

Do sri lankans not know how to bowl at the death!

utter tripe! either length balls or full tosses!

India 293/3 after 49 overs

dhoni is one of the best finishers of the game i rate this guy over micheal bevan

If you rate him over Bevan then he is the best finisher.

For me MSD is miles ahead of Bevan, he has a better strike rate and he's more dishoom dishoom fun

Sri Lanka seriously do lose the plot sometimes. I'm only reading the cricinfo commentary but the amount of full tosses at the death has been unbelievable.

304/3

Good batting India. Now please be half decent with the ball and defend this total.

304. Decent total, but considering Indian bowling attack, its very much get-able.

yes i'm watching match

its a flat slow paratha wicket of bangladesh

i'm watching it now dhoni and raina comfortably scoring boundaries

so we got the 300 we where looking for ?

as for scoring in the end , it ws just Dhonis raw power whihc made the difference ...most of our top order are timers & its a difficult pitch for such players .

& FYI The highest target successfully chased down at this venue is 297 by India against Bangladesh for such a flat pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back