Asia Cup | 2nd Match | India vs Sri Lanka | Dhaka | 13th March , 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Selfish India (according to Carbon11) finish on 304/3.

I feel that this track is not conducive for big hitting. It shall require a methodical approach from SL in order to achieve this.

Jadeja, Aswin and Vinay are key here to India's victory. Need to bowl well and aim for the bonus point.

indian bastmen kohli and gambhir once again playing for themselves and their own meaningless stats with selfish bleep test running centuries on flat wickets, no aggression at all only seven boundaries each :))

one of these batsmen should have cut loose earlier whilst the other one played that anchor role and rotated the strike

270-280 is about par score on these bangla pitches, really on these flat pitches against tougher opposition 300 is not safe.

Says the guy whose team scored only 260 against Bangladesh ...

And nearly lost to them ... Even they scored 240 against our bowling attack...

Do you think Sri Lankan And Indian attacks are as weak as Bangladesh...

The opposition attack has to be taken into consideration...

If we even had one batsmen like Gambhir and Kohli, then we had the dumb right to criticize.

Gambhir , Kohli set a perfect platform. Kept scoring at a good rate without much risk and in the end Captain capitalized on it with Raina.

300 , I won't say is safe. If dew is there , spinner will have trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Says the guy whose team scored only 260 against Bangladesh ...

And nearly lost to them ... Even they scored 240 against our bowling attack...

Do you think Sri Lankan And Indian attacks are as weak as Bangladesh...

The opposition attack has to be taken into consideration...

If we even had one batsmen like Gambhir and Kohli, then we had the dumb right to criticize.

since when i have bigged up pakistani batsmen

the fact sri lankan attack is rubbish and they are misisng some of their star bowlers including ones that bowl at the death
like malinga and fernando

kohli and gambhir were playing for their milestones and then immediately got out straught away = selfish

u can put how many twist u want on it

226-3 with only 7 overs remaining on a flat track and against a lallu attack

basically dhoni saved their backside , go back up the thread me praising dhoni as the best finisher in the game.

and that score was of 226-3 would never been enough, because sri lanka with their lallu bowling attack, has a very good batsmen even 300 may not be enough

Last edited:

the fact sri lankan attack is rubbish and they are misisng some of their star bowlers including ones that bowl at the death

kohli and gambhir were playing for their milestones and then immediately got out straught away = selfish

basically dhoni saved their backside , go back up the thread me praising dhoni as the best finisher in the game.

and that score was of 226-3 would never been enough, because sri lanka with their lallu bowling attack, has a very good batsmen even 300 may not be enough

Dude, all em saying is .. when they play Bangladesh .. and score 260 .. then take them to cleaners...

Sri Lankan attack no matter how short it may be of fast bowlers ... is still ten times better than Bangla attack...

When Indians play Bangladesh and score 260 .. we can criticize them then...

300 is sub par score considering our bowling. I hope other bowlers bowl well but v kumar get thrashed.... Will be good for future.

Gambhir was selfish but he had 2 90's in the CB series.(I didn't like that celebratory reaction of his either)
Kohli was not selfish, he was the one who got most of the runs of that 3rd powerplay, it is a little harsh on him.

our middle order doesn't do anything for umar akmal and afridi

eventhough indian top order and middle order bar sehwag will play selfish innings, least they put on a score to set it up for some of the best finishers in the game dhoni , raina, pathan.

what does our middle order do apart from stall the whole innings , even when our openers fire , the middle order still fails then expects umar or afridi and in the past razzaq to hit every ball for six.

Just a Minute, Sir.

You are basically saying that GG and VK have played a selfish innings. Am I right?

Here are a few highlights of your statements:-

1) You've posted that Pakistan middle order generally does'nt provide a solid base for the like of UA and SK.

2) After that you posted that Indian middle generally order provides a base for the lower order.

3) You've again stated that GG and VK played slow in order to get to their milestones. But MS and Raina played well to compensate.

Now how on earth have GG and VK played slow? They had a SR of 85 and 90 respectively. You expected both of them to have a SR of above 120? Do you actually know how the pitch is playing?

You've yourself stated the importance of a platform for the lower order by the middle order. Now what does a platform mean? 250/2 at the end of 30 overs? I am sorry but it does'nt happen all the time.

But for someone who is defending UA by stating that he needs to come in when the score is something like 250/2 in 30-35 overs, I can understand your knowledge of the game.

I think Indians are 20 runs short here, gawd I just saw the indian bowlers again THEY SUCK...

Would be cool to win this with a better NRR than Pakistan's win on Bangla. Will eventually help us get into final if we lose one of our next two matches.

Gambir and Kohli did slow down as they got closer to their centuries, they started eating up balls, declining quick singles etc....

The only reason Indians are writing it off at the moment is because of the finish they got. Had Dhoni and a couple of batsmen lost their wickets and limped to 270 odd then this discussion would have been different.

People then would be more critical of Gambir and Kohlis slowdown in their 80s!!

Gambhir was selfish but he had 2 90's in the CB series.(I didn't like that celebratory reaction of his either)
Kohli was not selfish, he was the one who got most of the runs of that 3rd powerplay, it is a little harsh on him.

look all i am saying is one of these guys should have made a decision who was gonna carry on to the end and play the anchor role, and the other guy should have cut loose a lot earlier and changed the gears.

thats all i am saying

basically what they did is get to 226-3 , and then u had 2 new batsmen at the crease with only 7 overs to salvage something, but dhoni basically saved them along with the lallu death bowling of lankans. if malinga or fernando were bowling it might of have been different story because they are not to easy to score against and usually good at the end.

Dilshan humiliating Indian fielder by forcing him to tie his shoe lace...showing india whos the boss :))

With the due coming in, It'll be tough for the spinners later on. India should've opened with a spinner. Atleast 2-3 overs upfront. The trundlers will be murdered by Dillu the Dazzler and Mahila the mighty.

Hafeez and Jamshed would have tuk'ed to 3 runs off 3 overs... :26:

A Big question......

On the 18th when Pakistan bats what would be the likely scenario -

Scenario 1
Will the Indian bowlers make the Pakistani batsmen look like aggressive strokemakers?

Scenario 2
Will the Pakistani batsmen make the Indian medium pacers look like a scary express attck?

I am pretty sure its more likely that Scenario 1 will happen.

A Big question......

Scenario 1
Will the Indian bowlers make the Pakistani batsmen look like aggressive strokemakers?

Scenario 2
Will the Pakistani batsmen make the Indian medium pacers look like a scary express attck?

I will tell you after the game..

Get the two experienced players out now and pocket the match.

Praveen Kumar runs upto Dhoni to discuss...

Praveen: What should I do?

Dhoni: Try retirement!!:)))

A Big question......

Scenario 1

Scenario 2

Lol it would be the scenario 2 that would happen.

statsman's fav bowler is operating :raja

I despise him. Have no hopes from him. Short or Long term. The guy's not cut for it. Can't tie :razzaq or :rana 's shoe laces, and selectors expect him to deliver.

Bring on the spinners...

Ps m getting addicted to PP again. :-/ have to submit a project tomorrow and 2 day after :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back