Australia v Pakistan | 5th ODI | Adelaide | Jan 26, 2017 | Pakistan Innings

Abdullah719

T20I Captain
Runs
Australia Team
DA Warner, TM Head, SPD Smith*, PSP Handscomb, GJ Maxwell, MS Wade†, JP Faulkner, MA Starc, PJ Cummins, A Zampa, JR Hazlewood

Pakistan Team
Azhar Ali*, Sharjeel Khan, Babar Azam, Mohammad Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, Umar Akmal, Mohammad Rizwan†, Mohammad Amir, Wahab Riaz, Junaid Khan, Hasan Ali

Australia won the toss and elected to bat.

Australia 369/7

Sharjeel has been doing fine for a couple of games, hope that doesn't mean he throws it away today.

Wont be able to chase this, just hope we put up a decent amount and don't get bowled out for under 250

let's watch it for fun... let sharjeel and babar win our hearts..rest we have no hopes

beyond pathetic if Pakistan don't score 330+ here

The players really need to enjoy themselves now. This is a dead rubber game, so no point taking tons of stress, just enjoy your time out there and play to the best of your abilities.

As i said before it is paks game to loose as they restricted aus to a below par total

Australia:7/369

Pakistan :270

Australia win by 99 runs

Australia win the series 4-1

M.o.m: D warner
M.o.s : D warner

Problem is that we cannot expect anyone in the Pakistani lineup to score at a strike rate of 90+ barring Sharjeel and Babar. Expect Pakistan to be all out for 300 if Sharjeel and Babar click otherwise it is under 220

Even 250 is too much for our team. So should not expect much. Would like to see 100 from Sharjeel and classic duck from Rizwan , Hafeez and Akmal so we may discard them along with Azhar

Just two slips. I guess Aussies are cowardly too :azhar

We should not spoil Australian party and let them comprehensive win

That's as plumb as you get.

"That's absolutely salmon" What the HELL are you talking about Clarke?

Sharjeel's lower strike rate got Azhar Ali out on the other side.

Does anyone get a feeling that Shoaib Malik will score a 50 here? I mean the conditions are ideal for him .... the match is mostly lost, it's a dead rubber and the series is not at stake. A 50 from him will ensure his place in the next ODI series.

RIP Azhar's LOI career 2011-2017

On a side note they're playing Imran Khan LOL

Does anyone get a feeling that Shoaib Malik will score a 50 here? I mean the conditions are ideal for him .... the match is mostly lost, it's a dead rubber and the series is not at stake. A 50 from him will ensure his place in the next ODI series.

Hasn't he been doing that throughout the series?

If this isn't the end of Azhar Ali in ODIs then I don't know what will be.

As i said before it is paks game to loose as they restricted aus to a below par total

"Pak's game to lose"

We are world beaters, look at the talent at our disposal.. we are just one step away from being genuine World Cup winners

I just realised that after all those bashings from many in this thread, Junaid was the pick of all the bowlers.

no point trying to chase this , just score around 270. One guy gets a hundred so we can a bit happy.

Azhar will play the next series and the series after that as well , which world are we living to believe that he will be out after this match?

Azhar will play the next series and the series after that as well , which world are we living to believe that he will be out after this match?

Exactly!!!! People are delusional to believe Azhar will be sacked so as Misbah retire. Both will not retire until PCB sack them which is highly unlikely. SK will not do that dirty job

Babar kohli needs to score a big one here and sharjeel warner needs to score some quick runs now.

[MENTION=137142]JaDed[/MENTION] is correct, poor Azhar got out because Sharjeel's tuk tuk put pressure on him and I am shocked, SHOCKED, that PP isn't up in arms about it. :misbah3

I think I've reached a point where I literally tune in to Pakistan's games (and pull all-nighters) just to watch the Sharjeel-Babar pair bat.

Somehow I still think one Pakistan batsman will play a blinder,but that has hardly ever happened since Afridi times,hopefully I don't waste my time watching the whole match.

[MENTION=137142]JaDed[/MENTION] is correct, poor Azhar got out because Sharjeel's tuk tuk put pressure on him and I am shocked, SHOCKED, that PP isn't up in arms about it. :misbah3

Sharjeel heard u bro,he won't let Babar be the martyr for his mistakes,smacking Hazlewood now!

I missed our bowling due to work but I might be able to shed some context and history on the matter:

During our last ODI in the 2010 Lala channeled his inner beast and had a go at the ball :afridi

Did something of that sort happened during today when we were bowling ?? Or maybe it can happen during this innings ?? :yk

Too many positive things out of this match.
1- No one else except shahryar khan retain Azhar ali as captain

Sharjeel is the only positive from this tour.

Sharjeel isn't in positive mate, we all knew his batting ability and what he could potentially do with all that muscle. His stocks went into break even when we found out his spectacular Johnty Rhodesesque fielding the other day :danish

Sharjeel isn't in positive mate, we all knew his batting ability and what he could potentially do with all that muscle. His stocks went into break even when we found out his spectacular Johnty Rhodesesque fielding the other day :danish

It's ok we can ignore that lol

If Babar wants to make an impact he needs to take risks. These drives and nudges won't do any good.

3- Azhar Ali left the crease early to let the team score quickly 200-240 not over that

Australia is too good to beat for us. I wonder how we manage to win a match against them?

Back