Eng v Pak: 2nd Test: Day 2 [Update Thread]

Pepsi™ said:
Yea because theyre gonna win in such a brilliant fasion

So if they lose, they deserve it. If they win, they deserve it. huh. :29:

England lead by 321 runs with 2 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

England lead by 324 runs with 2 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

i so vexxed im at work and it son i cant even look away coz its in ma face the plasma its like torture days like this i hate my team so much i feel sick!

You see - Bell is a good player. He has been murdering Pakistan whatever attack they put out, and even if you take out the Bangladesh matches his career average (I imagine) would still be rather good. Shame about the Ashes but he will have chances to make up for that later. He deserves a hundred today, he has played superbly.

cinderella said:
So if they lose, they deserve it. If they win, they deserve it. huh. :29:

As of right now they will lose and they deserve it because they have played so pathetically.

But see if they win, whcih i doubt, they will win in such an amazing fashion that they will deserve to win it.

easy_like_sunday said:
i so vexxed im at work and it son i cant even look away coz its in ma face the plasma its like torture days like this i hate my team so much i feel sick!

Good for you.

And Bell moves to 98*.

Only two things can happen now...either Eng will declare after his 100 or they will wate to get all out.

Pakistan 119
England 443/8 (126.5 ov)
England lead by 324 runs with 2 wickets remaining in the 1st innings
Minimum overs remaining today 13.1

If I were England Captain I would bat for the rest of the day, and 15 mins tommorow.

Brilliant stuff by bell man he is a force to be reckon with. moves to 98 2 away from another 100

The only argument for declaring is to give the Pakistani batsmen an iffy period before close of play. Theres scope for a 350 lead here and there are is a hint of movement for the bowlers which is only good news for England. I've been very impressed, VERY impressed with our batting today except Pietersen (unusually) and Geraint Jones (as usual).

England lead by 325 runs with 2 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

Current partnership 60 runs, 12.4 overs, rr: 4.73 (Harmison 21, Bell 39)
Agrrrrrrrrr get them now pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

i reckon soon as bell score his hundred, england will declare leaving pakistan with about 7 to 9 tricky over's to handle for the day .

Last edited:
ShowStopper said:
Current partnership 60 runs, 12.4 overs, rr: 4.73 (Harmison 21, Bell 39)
Agrrrrrrrrr get them now pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

Lol, it doesn't matter whether they continue to pile on the runs or not, we've lost this match.

it will be good batting display if we don't lose by innings

England lead by 326 runs with 2 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

128.6 Danish Kaneria to Harmison, no run, Harmison in block mode, out Hoggarding Hoggard :)):)):))

Mohammad Sami 28 5 92 2 3.28 (1w)
Umar Gul 28 2 96 3 3.42 (6nb, 1w)
Abdul Razzaq 19 4 72 2 3.78 (5nb, 5w)
Danish Kaneria 35 8 97 0 2.77 (1nb)
Shahid Afridi 19.4 0 71 1 3.61 (2nb)

Pakistan is trying to convince ECB to play third test on "marble slab" rather then trough

.. and then Ian Bell reached his hundred off just 127 balls.

Which was nice.

Has said:
Can we bat for 2 whole days?
we need one batsman to score at least 150, two to score 100's , 3 to score 89, 73 & 65 , other 3 to score 41, 30, 21 with the last two scoring 11 and 9* respectably ..has to be a total team effort, can not be a 1 man show like before.

Bell's best knock for England, really nice stuff. It was deserved.

10 overs of Harmison and Hoggard (with an injured opener) would be nice please, Mr Strauss.

England will lead by 400 runs and then declare to win by innings and 200 runs wich will be nice

Whippy squash said:
Bell's best knock for England, really nice stuff. It was deserved.

10 overs of Harmison and Hoggard (with an injured opener) would be nice please, Mr Strauss.

don't expect to much from Strauss

129.4 Shahid Afridi to Bell, FOUR, there it is! Given room, he cut behind square and point obliged by misfielding. Superb innings from Bell, undoubtedly his most authoritative performance for England to date. Came into a situation that required a big score and some careful marshalling of the tail, and he provided both, while still scoring his runs at a fair clip. He's a No. 3 by trade, but he's made No. 6 his own with back-to-back hundreds, not to mention three in four Tests against Pakistan

What else can I say about him?

Sleepless_on_PakPassion said:
we need one batsman to score at least 150, two to score 100's , 3 to score 89, 73 & 65 , other 3 to score 41, 30, 21 with the last two scoring 11 and 9* respectably ..has to be a total team effort, can not be a 1 man show like before.

With that we might just win the match:p

England lead by 338 runs with 2 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

ShowStopper said:
With that we might just win the match:p
by the way , did you happen to add all them score up :D:D :p

this is getting boring now......come on englanddddddddd declare :D

Pakistan is trying to convince ECB to play third test on "marble slab" rather then trough :p :p :p

Are u thinking that i am lieing!!!!!!!

Sleepless_on_PakPassion said:
by the way , did you happen to add all them score up :D:D :p

this is getting boring now......come on englanddddddddd declare :D

Now it's not, Monty is batting!

England shuld declare and get first two wickets quickly so they can finish us tomorrow

shan said:
England shuld declare and get first two wickets quickly so they can finish us tomorrow
i dont think the first two wickets would really matter ... they are but a mere formality in the case of pak ...

good display of batting by bell ...

Another couple for the English Beast, and then he is fluffed!

i think England want another 100 runs before they declare and i think they can get there with monty and bell bating

Declaration comes, 3 days left in this match with virtually zero chance of a draw. Someone will be 1-0 up by Monday, but who?

Whippy squash said:
Declaration comes, 3 days left in this match with virtually zero chance of a draw. Someone will be 1-0 up by Monday, but who?

:))) :))) :))) :)))

Whippy squash said:

Hopefully not you :p

haha....this is a joke....we cant even get their 10 wickets...so much for our reserves....3 england innings and we didnt get them all out once...kya baat hai....good lesson for us money seekers....making all that money playing county and when ur country needs you ...u r no better than a dead horse....

Back