Eng v Pak: 2nd Test: Day 2 [Update Thread]

UsmanCHADDA said:
Another example how badly we need Shoaib. Who cares if he is match fit or not, he cant be worse than these guys!

Thts not problem Chadda, we cant get him injured again.

Elan Tendronai said:
i think this game is over

perhaps jusarrived or some other indian might quote
Eden Gardens 2001 example to you

Billy said:
It's far from over.

Pakistan still have the batsmen to post a tricky target to chase.

Billy you are talking about the same batting line-up that got out for 119 on a day 1 pitch!

UsmanCHADDA said:
Billy you are talking about the same batting line-up that got out for 119 on a day 1 pitch!
Also the same team who hasnt lost a Test since May last year

I hope Inzi goes to the toilet. His field placings have been bizarre so far. Younis will be far more aggressive

Expect Danish to concede atleast 20 more runs before he finally picks a wicket.

Pakistan made to look like Bangladesh here :D

Thats twice that Sajid and Bell have stolen two runs!

Uzzy said:
Thats because of the quality bowling we had.
Its been a team effort. We've scored some big scores in that time. OK this will be against the best bowling attack on the toughest pitch but didnt we also score 600 in Karachi. Will be a different test but Im not doubting that they have the resolve and ability

Razzaq in the "going through the motions" phase.

Daoud said:
Its been a team effort. We've scored some big scores in that time. OK this will be against the best bowling attack on the toughest pitch but didnt we also score 600 in Karachi. Will be a different test but Im not doubting that they have the resolve and ability

Yes we did but, we also had quality bowlers to compliment the batting. Multan 2005, Lahore 2005, Karachi 2006, Kandy 2006. It was the bowlers who won those tests for us.

Last edited:
Thats it. I suggest sending these bowlers to concentration camps and torture them till they start bowling well - Nazi style :27:

What crap bowling :12:

wat are the chances the game will end today? wil farhat and faisal bat?

Uzzy said:
Yes we did but, we also had quality bowlers to compliment the batting. Multan 2005, Lahore 2005, Karachi 2006. It was the bowlers who won those tests for us.
In the second 2 the batting got us into an unassailable position and at Multan they brought us back into the Test. The same will need to happen here

Razzaq going at about 80 mph now

As I speak, Razzaq has started delivering mindless bouncers

Bob should just play the song We are the Champions- Robbie Williams during Tea

The best line is- No time for Loser b/c we are the Champions!

Daoud said:
In the second 2 the batting got us into an unassailable position and at Multan they brought us back into the Test. The same will need to happen here

You can make 400, 500, 600, 700. It won't make a difference if you don't have quality bowlers who can bowl sides out. Tell me, if we played Multan, Lahore, Karachi with this bowling lineup do you think we would have won? At best it probably would have been a draw.

Uzzy said:
You can make 400, 500, 600, 700. It won't make a difference if you don't have quality bowlers who can bowl sides out. Tell me, if we played Multan, Lahore, Karachi with this bowling lineup do you think we would have won? At best it probably would have been a draw.
And when did I say we will win this. All Im saying is that our batting helped us greatly in keeping us unbeaten since May last year. Unbeaten is different to winning

Well Sajid is gone caught and bowled off Razzaq for 12 runs. Now only Hoggard, Harmisoon and Panesar left

Pakistan's batting really needs to fire in the 2nd inning. It is the only way to win this match. Draw is out of the equation now since there are 3 more days to go. Now Pakistan can either lose or win this match. Bob should tell the team to try to bat for as long as possibe. Leave all the balls outside offstump for once!

If the openers can give us a good start that would be a bonus!

Daoud said:
And when did I say we will win this. All Im saying is that our batting helped us greatly in keeping us unbeaten since May last year. Unbeaten is different to winning

I agree, but IMO without the likes of Akhtar, Rana, Asif we probably wouldn't have this unbeaten streak. Its the bowlers who win matches. Anyway Saj is gone.

Shez said:
Pakistan's batting really needs to fire in the 2nd inning. It is the only way to win this match. Draw is out of the equation now since there are 3 more days to go. Now Pakistan can either lose or win this match. Bob should tell the team to try to bat for as long as possibe. Leave all the balls outside offstump for once!

If the openers can give us a good start that would be a bonus!

:91:

So Farhat won't be taking anymore part in this match, right? What about Faisal Iqbal? We could be effectively 0-2 without these two.

Relax guys - we just like a little challenge ! so what if they have 237 - we will get more ... (followed by sounds of a man taking his medication in the background !)

From Cricinfo:
A rather soporific afternoon session in which England extended their lead to 238 while losing four wickets. On pure stats, it was Pakistan’s afternoon, but the match situation shows that England are very much in the driving seat. Inzamam will rally his men during the break and telling them that Pakistan have to wrap up the England tail quickly and start out on righting the errors which blighted their first crack.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
MIG said:
Relax guys - we just like a little challenge ! so what if they have 237 - we will get more ... (followed by sounds of a man taking his medication in the background !)
we will score 400 in our 2nd inning's and then england will chase down what ever we set them without loosing a wicket, unless and unless there is some rain coming OT's way :D

The best thing pakistan can do is to get rid of the tail a.s.a.p and bat like they have never done ,start the inning with a fight in their heart and fight until the last breathe ,and then if we lose ,so be it.
Cricket is been the game of uncertainty,so lets play for pride!!!!!!!!!

I think if they let Harmison dictate the game, we are done but if we can stand up and fight and play sensible cricket ( not the let me stick my bat in front and see what happens type thingy) - we have a fair chance of turning this match on its head.

The weather is fine - the pitch is OK so there are NO demons except for those in the heads of our batsmen.

Akmal has been off colour - I just hope they havent destroyed his overall confidence with this opening lark !

MIG said:
I think if they let Harmison dictate the game, we are done but if we can stand up and fight and play sensible cricket ( not the let me stick my bat in front and see what happens type thingy) - we have a fair chance of turning this match on its head.

The weather is fine - the pitch is OK so there are NO demons except for those in the heads of our batsmen.

Those can be the greatest of demons to overcome!

Oh how so true ,Pakistani batsmen are playing against england as well as the Demons that they have created within.

Back