England v Pakistan | Second Test | Day 4 : Session 1| Edgbaston | 09/08/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

cricfan967

ODI Debutant
Runs
Pakistan lead by 112.
Hope they can add another 30 odd. That'd be perfect.
Play to start in a couple of hours.
Anybody have the weather report?

Comon guyz...pleas win for the country...we are really really depressed at the moment...COMON TEAM PAKISTAN

What's the weather weather? I will miss the first session

Gul and Asif should add a quick 30-50 runs, i know its asking too much but at this stage every run will count.

130-150 will give us a fighting chance, anywhere coser to 200 and we would have had this game won

What do you guys think about attacking tactics?

How should we change the bowling?

and more importantly, do you think Butt has the guts to do what is necessary?

What do you guys think about attacking tactics?

How should we change the bowling?

and more importantly, do you think Butt has the guts to do what is necessary?

shouldn't really be too hard, Amir and Asif to open with Saeed Ajmal and Malik to bowl once they get tired, England's innings wont last more than 30overs, win or lose

An hour and a half left until start. Not expecting a great deal but another 35 odd runs here could make the match very interesting.

Why should they add QUICK runs? There is still two days left in this game. I'd MUCH rather they score a very slow 60-70 runs in a session or two sessions and try to occupy the crease as long as possible, giving England lesser time to bat in this game AND ALSO to make them bat in around the evening time when it should be quite overcast (according to the weather), than bat really quickly and score a risky 30-40 runs in 7-8 overs and bundle up quickly. Look, if we bat slowly, we:

1) frustrate them even further, England are quite low on confidence after yesterday

2) let them bat in the late afternoon/evening, when it should be overcast.

Looking forward to a good day of Test cricket, game is 80-20 to England at the moment but Pakistan are the only team in the world who have the capability to pull a win out of this from nowhere.

Why should they add QUICK runs? There is still two days left in this game. I'd MUCH rather they score a very slow 60-70 runs in a session or two sessions and try to occupy the crease as long as possible, giving England lesser time to bat in this game AND ALSO to make them bat in around the evening time when it should be quite overcast (according to the weather), than bat really quickly and score a risky 30-40 runs in 7-8 overs and bundle up quickly. Look, if we bat slowly, we:

1) frustrate them even further, England are quite low on confidence after yesterday

Looking forward to a good day of Test cricket, game is 80-20 to England at the moment but Pakistan are the only team in the world who have the capability to pull a win out of this from nowhere.

Start with aamer n asif for about 8-10 overs.then let ajmal bowl from one end till the end and rotate aamer, asif n maybe amin n malik too from the other end.Hold on to all catches and make england work hard for their runs by tight bowling and good field placing. If we can pick 4-5 wkts then fans like me will be more than happy with overall effort in this game :)
Good Luck Boys

I think we will set them a target of 130 max...and INSHALLAH they will be 5 down before reaching a hundred...and then Ajmal will clear out the tail, and I will celebrate with a smoke

we are talking about tail-enders remember.

I think these two do not have a good defense, attacking the bowlers is the only way to get runs. The longer Asif bats, the more he will get tired. I would rather have a 100% Asif in overcast conditions then having him bat without adding many runs and getting tired.

When your numbers 9 (normally Gul bats at 9) and 11 are at the crease, every single run is a bonus. I am not too hopeful that the lead will get past 125-130, bu if somehow Gul hits some 6s and Asif hangs around and the lead gets past 160, I think Pakistan will have a chance of winning. (30% or so)

First 10 overs of the day and first 10 overs of England's innings are the key.

Pakistan to add about 10 more runs. It's early morning, a little over cast. How long do you expect number 10 and 11 to last in these conditions?

Back to the bowling. Asif and Aamer to open, Aamer bowls 4 overs from one end, after that Ajmal to bowl that end for the remaining of the match. On the other hand, Asif to bowl 7 overs on a trot. By the time he's tired, Aamer who gets a good 6-8 over rest, will take over Asif. Ajmal to bowl 10 overs on a trot. So mathematically speaking:

Let's say theoretically, England need 123 to win. Let's say England goes at 3 runs per over. They require 41 overs.

5 from Aamer, 5 from Asif
2 from Ajmal, 2 from Asif
2 from Ajmal, 2 from Aamer
5 from Ajmal, 5 from Amin
2 from Malik, 2 from Asif
5 from Aamer, 5 from Asif

42 overs.. 123 to win

However, the more Asif and Gul score, the better it is for us, and gives the bowlers a break.

If somehow Pakistan manages to win this match and -I am aware that it is very unlikely- this will be such an incredible win, and surely will go down in history as one of the best comebacks.

I just hope that the players are pumped up and have belief that they can win.

Don't worry lads I'm about to head in to work and tell them "Sorry, I'm off to the cricket" then jump back in the car and go to Edgbaston. I shall sledge England into defeat from the stands.

This game is ours.

Don't worry lads I'm about to head in to work and tell them "Sorry, I'm off to the cricket" then jump back in the car and go to Edgbaston. I shall sledge England into defeat from the stands.

This game is ours.
Well, get a move on then.

Call Broad a crybaby and a p***y.

Tell Kevin to go back to Hampshire / South Africa.

And tell Saj to smile.

I really hope the Tail can wag for half hour and Add another 20-30 runs.

Then its really game on. Realism tells me England will win match by 7 wickets!

I really hope the Tail can wag for half hour and Add another 20-30 runs.

Then its really game on. Realism tells me England will win match by 7 wickets!

If our tail can wag especially Gul can muscle some out of the park, its definitely game on.

A target over 150, and you never know what can happen do you. :aamir

Target over 140+ will bring Saeed Ajmal into game.
He can destroy England with his "Doosra"

Last edited:
This game is already ours mates. Gul and Asif to add another 30-35 runs. England chasing around 150 will be all out for 88. :ajmal

Sky Sports about to show an 'entertaining interview' with Saeed Ajmal after the break!!!

Partly Clouded atm...

Asif, Gul should see most of the first session ideally

Inshallah Pakistan can pull off a miracle.

What I am still amazed by is the fact we batted for more than one new ball. Albeit thanks to the lower order.

Can someone do the maths for my question. I think the contribution of the top 6 in this match has been a negative contribution or pretty close to. What I mean is the total runs less the runs conceded after the dropped catches by Farhat and others. Someone do the analysis for this.

This Ajmal interview with Nasser has to be one of the funniest Ive ever heard!

Hilarious!

You see Ajmal & you want to give a him a hug!

Warne & Atherton cracking up in the studio - I had tears steaming down my eyes!

LOLOL
wat a top interview by ajmal from nas

Hahahaha, Ajmal, you "youngster" beauty

This Ajmal interview with Nasser has to be one of the funniest Ive ever heard!

Hilarious!

You see Ajmal & you want to give a him a hug!

Warne & Atherton cracking up in the studio - I had tears steaming down my eyes!

Damn you Geo Super. :(

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA You can only describe him in one word. LEGEND! :ajmal :))):))):))):))):))):))) HILARIOUS INTERVIEW. BONCER BONCER BONCER! LOL HAHAHA

Jerusalem plays, out come the players - Day 4 about to commence.

If you live in Pak or the Mids East, we'll be going for a break just as the 1st ball is bowled

Nasser in the comm-box.

Out walk Gul & Asif & the runner

Looks quite sunny out there, hope that changes.

I will be happy if either no wicket falls today, or else eleven fall.

Man I wish once we are done batting some cloud cover comes out.

Assalamu Laikum

i have my 50 in TV at front and my laptop in my lap obviously thats why its called a LAPTOP"

inshallah these 2 batsmen can add about 20-30 more runs, Inshallah

I really want us to have a lead of 150, but my mind says we wont get more than 120

Single for Asif.

Come on Gulla use the long handle!

should have taken only one run. Asif against seamers, not sure about that.

Umar Gul looks solid hahah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back