England v Pakistan | Third Test | Day 1 : Session 2 | The Oval | 18/08/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAJID-SHAH

T20I Debutant
Runs
So a Fabulous morning session for Pakistan, Cook fell early in the hands of Asif - that wouldn`t have improved his outlook on life much.

3 Wickets to Wahab Riaz including the prize-scalp of Peitersen.

How is that a 'decent' session?

5 wickets is a mauling!

We have to get Morgan out, he builds his innings really nicely!

So happy I stayed up for this!!

Inshallah they will be all out in this session!

Another plus point to consider about Riaz is that he can bat a bit..look at his FC average..about 16..and has 3 FC 50's (hopefully he doesn't have to rescue us..and the real batsmen can bat hopefully (fingers crossed) )

Considering the track I'll be very pleased if we clean them up for under 180 or between 180-240.

From CricInfo:

Well, what a good session for Pakistan, the three pacemen have all bowled well, finding swing and really testing England's batsmen. And just as importantly for Pakistan, they have caught well - three catches in the session for Kamran Akmal is all the proof you need! But Wahab Riaz was the star of the session with 3 for 16 on debut. It's a fine effort considering that he didn't take any more than two wickets in an innings during the 2009-10 Pakistan first-class season.

So KP walked ? Does that make him a saint or do we still hate him ? :D

Pak are winning this if they get them out below 200.Eng bowlers will struggle,especially with MoYo there

Zabardast first session - superb bowling all round, especially Wahab Riaz who has been excellent - Asif as always is brilliant, beat the bat so many times and thank god the catching was perfect

Eoin Morgan is the danger man - the sooner we get him the better. Dismissing them for under 150 would be perfect

Pak are winning this if they get them out below 200.Eng bowlers will struggle,especially with MoYo there

Too early to say - lets not forget we have to bat as well, we can easily score less than England - we are good at doing that

Any team will win this by getting them below 200 but not Pakistan. Need to get them quickly and hope for sunshine.

Guys..is it just me or is Aamer's pace down this whole series? I remember in Australia he was 145k's and couple of deliveries at 150..but I'm not complaining he got wickets..but was just wondering

would you bring in ajmal in the next session? I woul just try him straight after lunch just as the batsman are trying to get set..a doosra here or there may get a wicket!!

Riaz Does not look like a bowler who could bowl around 90mph. All he does is, He generates all his pace from his last 4-5steps of his Run-up.. Thats where Batsmen get confused.. But I should say!! Well used of the Conditions by all three Pacemen.. Good Luck for the Next session..

:pakflag2

Atleast we have KP back in the hut - thats a big deal, just need morgan and the tail should fold.

I hope after lunch pakistani bowlers will complete their jobs , we just dont need to give english batsman a chance , bowled them out before 100:13:

Guys..is it just me or is Aamer's pace down this whole series? I remember in Australia he was 145k's and couple of deliveries at 150..but I'm not complaining he got wickets..but was just wondering

yep, I think's concentrating more on moving the ball rather than going all out...English conditions require more control rather than all out pace.

Riaz is very much Ryan Harris like in action; he's very very skiddy.

would you bring in ajmal in the next session? I woul just try him straight after lunch just as the batsman are trying to get set..a doosra here or there may get a wicket!!

definitely worth thinking about, IIRC he nailed Prior in the previous Test as well.

caption this
mujrim.jpg

When you think of Oval, you think reverse swing - I am hoping for Amir and possibly Wahab to that magic!

So KP walked ? Does that make him a saint or do we still hate him ? :D

He began to walk because it was an obvious knick
But when he saw the umpire is not giving it out, he slyly turned and pretended to walk towards the square leg umpire, like batsman normally do, to switch on and off between deliveries

Hes as big a drame-baaz as he first was

Eoin Morgan is the danger man - the sooner we get him the better. Dismissing them for under 150 would be perfect

Why not under 100..Although looks difficult But it would be very consoling to see England been humiliated for an under 100 score...As we have been on the receiving end thus far...:butt

Morgan and Prior have both already got 100 in series when team has been in trouble so we need to get both out Asap!

He began to walk because it was an obvious knick
But when he saw the umpire is not giving it out, he slyly turned and pretended to walk towards the square leg umpire, like batsman normally do, to switch on and off between deliveries

Hes as big a drame-baaz as he first was

Nicely summed up..... Thats what I felt as well...

Showed some excellent acting skills out there...:ibutt

Asif's hairdo looks very 80's ... or is it 90's ... yep ... definitely 90's

Last edited:
Riaz is very much Ryan Harris like in action; he's very very skiddy.

His bowling style is more like Johnson...Bangs the ball into the pitch and relies on pace and bonce...Harris bowls with a straightish arm..While Riaz has sort of a slingy action...

anybody notice that Rameez is talking to himself on air. Botham wants hardly to say anything to him

Two maidens after lunch! Pressure been kept on which is good to see!

Yup,the clouds have disappeared and the sun is shining....

Need a wicket!!!!!!!!

Zabardast first session - superb bowling all round, especially Wahab Riaz who has been excellent - Asif as always is brilliant, beat the bat so many times and thank god the catching was perfect

Asalaam alikum wr wb, MASHALLAH what a session for pakistan ! Asif, Aamer and Wahab were brilliant especially Asif. All catches taken too MASHALLAH !, pakistan just need to get the last recognised batting pair of morgan and prior and then tear through the tail like hot knife through butter ! INSHALLAH. This is a GOLDEN opportunity for pakistan, will our batting line up stand up to be counted ? . Pakistan bowlers must ensure england are bowled out for under 150.

Sun's out, patience required. We had England in trouble before and let them off, can't afford to do it again.

You youngster beauty... Slap after slap to the faces of millions of detractors....

Danger man Morgan gone...

Let's wrap it up boys. Let's not let the tail wag, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back