England vs South Africa | Group B | Chennai

Status
Not open for further replies.
bowling and fielding has been massively improved actually. that's something.

I'm just broadcasting my opinion bhai, not trying to be funny. Due to my expert advice, I say Amla should work on getting forward to the ball or he will struggle against better teams like Pakistan and Australia.

You have now guaranteed that if he faces Pakistan he will make a blistering century.

Amla was actually caught behind off Bresnan a while ago but the umpire didn't hear it.

England taking the bowling powerplay, makes no sense, if this game goes for more than 40 overs it is finished anyway, why take a powerplay??

England taking the bowling powerplay, makes no sense, if this game goes for more than 40 overs it is finished anyway, why take a powerplay??

It does not matter, if they spread the field then SA will do it in singles anyway. England are keeping the field up meaning playing aggressive and they might as well take the powerplay because if SA collapse and we get to the 40th over then they will have to bring the field in and SA will just thrash away.

The first 20 overs is make or break pretty much.

this is what sets a bowler like him apart. making a world class batsman look like a village idiot. it's what I've been trying to convey recently when people wrongly deem him a defensive option and overrated.

this is what sets a bowler like him apart. making a world class batsman look like a village idiot. it's what I've been trying to convey recently when people wrongly deem him a defensive option and overrated.

Agreed with you. +1

You always make sense yet some posters turn on you as well but you turn out to be correct in the end.

Oh dear. Whichever player I select for my Fantasy League Team starts playing defensively/ gets out. Buck up Smith!

I just watch cricket and aim to interpret what happens as accurately as I can. It's not hard, but many cricket followers seem to struggle with such a basic concept. I've even noticed insinuations of racism recently, which has amused me more than anything.

Agreed with you. +1

You always make sense yet some posters turn on you as well but you turn out to be correct in the end.

Enough brown-nosing. It matters for nothing until he takes a wicket. Otherwise, they will just survive until Anderson is forced to bowl.

are the commentators still talking about England having a chance of victory? uhhhhhhhh.

Looks like even Swann has been conquered. Time to switch over to the other game.

112 remaining with 10 wickets in hand

it will need a special effort by S.A to lose the match

It would take an Australian-esque Oval 2009 collapse for SA to lose.

god forbid two posters agreeing on a reasonable point.

has he finally got 'im?

off the glove. hotspot would prove this completely. will the rubbishy UDRS count this time?

come on, just give this out decision out. this is a joke.

Wow Klusner is probably the worst commentator I have heard in many....many years.
He isn't the type of guy for the job. Always hated the media when he played. Didn't like interviews. Was quite surprised he took the job. Just because he was the best cricketer at CWC 99 doesn't make him a good commentator.

at last!! how long did that take? so bloody obvious

He isn't the type of guy for the job. Always hated the media when he played. Didn't like interviews. Was quite surprised he took the job. Just because he was the best cricketer at CWC 99 doesn't make him a good commentator.

I don't really think he has the voice or the poise for it. sounds too uncertain and unexciting.

Yeah he should not be anywhere near a cricket stadium anymore unless he is a supporter. Now he is been made commentator? for the WC? Unreal man.

not out. missed it. worth a go in the situation though.

*Graeme Swann(ob) 4.5 1 18 1 3.72

hero. shame he plays in a crappy team...

How can Hashim Amla make so many runs? He is just so overrated.....:34:

Smiths been playing poorly lately anyways. Its a miracle when he makes a 50 these days

good lad Stuart! bowl full and straight and you get the rewards. learning from the mistakes of earlier in the tournament.

you would expect Kallis and AB to take them home now.

Smiths been playing poorly lately anyways. Its a miracle when he makes a 50 these days
I had a look in his stats. Since start of last year he has only scored twice above 50 and no 100's. Last 5 years he has only scored 2 ODI centuries.

looking at the saffie batting order, I reckon 3 quick wickets would give us a sniff. it's still a massive long shot though.

I had a look in his stats. Since start of last year he has only scored twice above 50 and no 100's. Last 5 years he has only scored 2 ODI centuries.

He's still a great captain, especially now that he has more bowling options.

I really would be disappointed to see Botha made captain because he brings very little else to the team IMO, and would upset the balance of the side. This team is doing great without him because there is finally some balance.

looking at the saffie batting order, I reckon 3 quick wickets would give us a sniff. it's still a massive long shot though.
Dunno. Faf can bat i.e. Genuine all-rounder. Van Wyk is an aggressive opener normally. Peterson is a slogger. I would say once you got to Peterson and a partner it would be a true tail end.

He's still a great captain, especially now that he has more bowling options.

I really would be disappointed to see Botha made captain because he brings very little else to the team IMO, and would upset the balance of the side. This team is doing great without him because there is finally some balance.
the only thing Botha ever did was play a good series against Aus about 2 years ago when Smith was injured and he had to fill his boots as captain. I would probably say it was the start of the spin success story for SA as well. They started experimenting with 2 ODI spinners etc.

It will be interesting who is made captain. The only other choice is Amla. I do see him as the future test captain.

If England can get AB out this could yet be a close match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back