Hypothetical ODI draft

I pick the West Indies legend, Brian Lara as my second pick.

So, Wasim and Lara :djb

Last edited:
For my two picks I pick two of the top five ODI pacers ever, Mitchell Starc and Allan Donald

For me almost the GOAT bowler in ODI cricket, having similar records to Wasim, Waqar, Donald etc and doing it in a batsmen era. He has also dominated the WC so much more than anyone else, including McGrath the previous WC GOAT

For me almost the GOAT bowler in ODI cricket, having similar records to Wasim, Waqar, Donald etc and doing it in a batsmen era. He has also dominated the WC so much more than anyone else, including McGrath the previous WC GOAT

Yeah, he was going to be my first pacer. His world cup record is insane

[MENTION=149506]andy0204[/MENTION] Kindly message your next pick to Abdullah before going to sleep, thanks

Great going , aren't we!

Two rounds finished on Day 1.

Hoping two rounds to get finish today.

Weekends coming up next two days so 3 rounds each.

That means we should be able to complete the test match in 4 days. :akhtar

Damn.
Putting the test draft to shame lol

Some great picks tho, I was surprised Starc was taken this early but his record is impeccable

Damn.
Putting the test draft to shame lol

Some great picks tho, I was surprised Starc was taken this early but his record is impeccable

Yep very fast. Starc I feel is underrated due to era, but is >>> Lee for example, who is a great ODI bowler. He constantly destroys teams and is ridiculously good in WC's, averaged 14.xx. For me up there with Wasim, Donald, McGrath, xxxx as one of the 5 greatest ODI pacers. If i was to pick 1 player, bat or ball to take into a WC it would be him

Allan Donald is GOAT ODI fast bowler (actually GOAT bowler all formats) as far as i am concerned and here's why:-

There are strike bowlers like Waqar, Starc, Shami, Lee, Akhtar and there are containment bowlers like McGrath, Kapil, Pollock who keep it tight don't give away anything.

No ODI bowler bar maybe Ambrose/Wasim to some extent, has been able to combine striking ability and containment as perfectly and across a variety of pitches as good as Allan Donald.

Just watch how he terrorized Lara in India in early1990s on flat surfaces with pure pace. The guy had springs in his legs and bowled it as fast as anyone at his peak. Definitely in 155-160 kph range at his peak

Allan Donald is GOAT ODI fast bowler (actually GOAT bowler all formats) as far as i am concerned and here's why:-

There are strike bowlers like Waqar, Starc, Shami, Lee, Akhtar and there are containment bowlers like McGrath, Kapil, Pollock who keep it tight don't give away anything.

No ODI bowler bar maybe Ambrose/Wasim to some extent, has been able to combine striking ability and containment as perfectly and across a variety of pitches as good as Allan Donald.

Just watch how he terrorized Lara in India in early1990s on flat surfaces with pure pace. The guy had springs in his legs and bowled it as fast as anyone at his peak. Definitely in 155-160 kph range at his peak

Starc has brilliant economy for era too. For me he is the GOAT ODI bowler. Agree on DOnald being underrated, unfortunately remembered for 1999 WC Semi runout, despite taking 4 in that very match

Starc has brilliant economy for era too. For me he is the GOAT ODI bowler. Agree on DOnald being underrated, unfortunately remembered for 1999 WC Semi runout, despite taking 4 in that very match

I seem to recall a lot of phainty dished out to Starc by better teams, a tendency with bowlers relying more on pace venom. It works against poor, minnow, scared batsmen but like Waqar in 1996, Shoaib 2003, Mallinga 2007 final Starc himself in 2019 against India/England, speedsters tend to get hit big time.

Donald, Wasim, McGrath, Ambrose were very phainty proof

You can't be GOAT when better players make a joke of you at the big stage.

It's like Steph Curry having a superior 3 point range but when it's down to beating the buzzer in those final few seconds you would ALWAYS pick MJ or Kobe to take the shot!!!

I seem to recall a lot of phainty dished out to Starc by better teams, a tendency with bowlers relying more on pace venom. It works against poor, minnow, scared batsmen but like Waqar in 1996, Shoaib 2003, Mallinga 2007 final Starc himself in 2019 against India/England, speedsters tend to get hit big time.

Donald, Wasim, McGrath, Ambrose were very phainty proof

You can't be GOAT when better players make a joke of you at the big stage.

It's like Steph Curry having a superior 3 point range but when it's down to beating the buzzer in those final few seconds you would ALWAYS pick MJ or Kobe to take the shot!!!

Starc took 4 against eng earlier in the tournament. and 5 vs NZ. 9 wickets in group stages against the finalists. In 2015 he took 2-28 vs Ind in the Semi and 2-20 vs NZ in the final, as well as 6-28 vs NZ in the group stages. The bloke stands up, just because he got hit once in a WC Semi defending a small target (had to bowl unreasonably aggresive) doesn't mean he isn't the GOAT. In 1996 against probably the best team SA, Akram got smashed for 50 off 9, which in those days was a thrashing as big as anything that happened to Starc. Akram was a great ODI bowler, so is Starc. One off 'phainta' do not change that, especially for a bowler that runs through teams easier than any bowler ever, including Wasim, Mcgrath and Donald

Great pick [MENTION=146232]jeeteshssaxena[/MENTION]. Was heavily tossing up him, Donald and Starc

Starc took 4 against eng earlier in the tournament. and 5 vs NZ. 9 wickets in group stages against the finalists. In 2015 he took 2-28 vs Ind in the Semi and 2-20 vs NZ in the final, as well as 6-28 vs NZ in the group stages. The bloke stands up, just because he got hit once in a WC Semi defending a small target (had to bowl unreasonably aggresive) doesn't mean he isn't the GOAT. In 1996 against probably the best team SA, Akram got smashed for 50 off 9, which in those days was a thrashing as big as anything that happened to Starc. Akram was a great ODI bowler, so is Starc. One off 'phainta' do not change that, especially for a bowler that runs through teams easier than any bowler ever, including Wasim, Mcgrath and Donald

Great bowler. One of the top 3 or 5.

Just wouldn't and shouldn't be considered #1 for reasons mentioned above.

NZ have historically been bunnies for speedsters. Shoaib, Waqar, Styen, Starc have all feasted on them.

Sorry for the delay.

My pick is the great west indian fast bowler JOEL GARNER.

Great pick. I was about to pick him only but I was surprised he wasn't picked till now. Joel Garner with an ODI average of 18 is arguably the most devastating fast bowler the game has ever seen. I consider Wasim, McGrath and Garner as my top three all-time ODI fast bowler.

There are not many great wicket keepers left who have been prolific batsmen in ODI cricket and without wasting my time anymore, I will pick the wicket keeper of my team, it's <B>Andy Flower</B>.

Flower was a fulcrum of the Zimbabwe team all through the 90s, with an average of 36 at a strike rate of 74 alongwith keeping gloves for most part of his ODI career, it's a privilege to have Andy in my team. A brilliant player under pressure, a solid middle order and a very good keeper for ODI format.

Great pick. I was about to pick him only but I was surprised he wasn't picked till now. Joel Garner with an ODI average of 18 is arguably the most devastating fast bowler the game has ever seen. I consider Wasim, McGrath and Garner as my top three all-time ODI fast bowler.
His economy is 3.09 in odis :yk

The next pick is

The snake tongue

And the Tom Cruise of Australia

May I present to you

images (6).jpg

Brad Hogg

The team stands as of now:-

3. Brian Lara
5. Andy Flower(wkt)
8. Wasim Akram

His economy is 3.09 in odis :yk

I was also afraid that if I go for Garner, I may not have a keeper who was very good batsmen like Andy Flower. But Wasim and Garner both in one team could have literally given me a huge edge. Starc, Donald and couple of more names are also up there but this remains the top three for me in ODIs.

Last edited:
Ohh thought he'll be overlooked and I'll be able to pick him later. His record in world cups is as good as Warne and Murali

He gets underrated because of great Australian team and he was mediocre in tests.

Are you only picking players based on their World Cup performances? :))

I didnt pick on the basis of Wc record,I pick on the basis of their abilities,he has 2 half centuries as well so he will bat down the order.

Bhaijaan XI so far..

1. Sachin Tendulkar
8. Shane Warne
9. Brett Lee

Why do I have a feeling that [MENTION=133760]Abdullah719[/MENTION] is gonna steal my pick :afaq

The hakeems pick Shaun Pollock - one of the greatest All-time bowling ARs!

044c0a37eb6492a0acdfce02204c742e.jpg

[MENTION=555]mumtaz[/MENTION] Your turn mate and then it's [MENTION=29901]Thunderbolt[/MENTION] 's double pick

Back