ICC T20 World Cup 2024: Pakistan vs India | Match 19 | Group A | New York | June 9th | Indian Innings

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
The T20 World Cup 2024 is set to witness a high-octane encounter between India and Pakistan in New York, today, on June 9.

Both teams are aiming for vital points and the prestige that comes with winning this fierce rivalry. India, fresh off a resounding victory over Ireland, will be keen to keep their winning streak alive, with their star batsmen Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma at the forefront.

On the other hand, Pakistan faced a disheartening loss against the World Cup newcomers, USA , in a nail-biting Super Over showdown. This setback has ramped up the pressure on Babar Azam and his squad, making their upcoming match against India a must-win for their hopes of advancing to the Super 8 stage.

gqsx2DO.jpeg

Squads:

India
Squad: Rohit Sharma(c), Virat Kohli, Rishabh Pant(w), Suryakumar Yadav, Shivam Dube, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Jasprit Bumrah, Arshdeep Singh, Mohammed Siraj, Yuzvendra Chahal, Sanju Samson, Kuldeep Yadav, Yashasvi Jaiswal

Pakistan Squad: Mohammad Rizwan(w), Babar Azam(c), Usman Khan, Fakhar Zaman, Shadab Khan, Azam Khan, Iftikhar Ahmed, Shaheen Afridi, Haris Rauf, Naseem Shah, Mohammad Amir, Imad Wasim, Abrar Ahmed, Saim Ayub, Abbas Afridi

=======

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

Bat or bowl first India is gonna win at a canter. Honestly, I am looking forward to the Scotland vs Oman match tomorrow much more then the thrashing Pak's unfit and obese safarshi's is gonna receive.

Could be a wild, low-scoring game because of the pitch.

I think batting-wise your target on this pitch should be not losing wickets in the powerplay and scoring atleast 35 because it will swing and there will be invariable bounce. After that I would say, try to get to 60 in 10 and 100 in 15. That sets you up to go for broke in the last 5. But if you are not smart with planning out how you are going to score runs on this wicket, it will end badly for you.

Bowling wise its pretty simple. Be disciplined with your line and length and keep hitting the right areas, because the pitch will do the rest. Problem is that while Indian bowlers may thrive at this, for Pakistan only Amir is capable of bowling with any kind of control on a pitch like this. The other three struggle to control their swing and are not consistent enough with their lengths.

Does anyone know if this match is being played on a fresh pitch or a used pitch? Because if its being played on a fresh pitch then it could get seriously dangerous to bat on, especially if both sides play 4 seamers. We could see some wild swing and bounce and alot of extras.

Could be a wild, low-scoring game because of the pitch.

I think batting-wise your target on this pitch should be not losing wickets in the powerplay and scoring atleast 35 because it will swing and there will be invariable bounce. After that I would say, try to get to 60 in 10 and 100 in 15. That sets you up to go for broke in the last 5. But if you are not smart with planning out how you are going to score runs on this wicket, it will end badly for you.

Bowling wise its pretty simple. Be disciplined with your line and length and keep hitting the right areas, because the pitch will do the rest. Problem is that while Indian bowlers may thrive at this, for Pakistan only Amir is capable of bowling with any kind of control on a pitch like this. The other three struggle to control their swing and are not consistent enough with their lengths.
120 is basically winning score on this pitch. But if Rauf bowls his customary full tosses India can get 150 lol.

Does anyone know if this match is being played on a fresh pitch or a used pitch? Because if its being played on a fresh pitch then it could get seriously dangerous to bat on, especially if both sides play 4 seamers. We could see some wild swing and bounce and alot of extras.
ICC said their working on bettering the pitch for Pakistan and India cause even they know how much of a troll pitch NY is

The pitch is a lottery and anything can happen.

Theres been a lot of wrist slitting from Pakistan fans this week, but actually its NZ and SL are the teams that have had the worst start to the tournament and look likely to miss out on qualification. Eng is only slightly ahead of Pak

Pak have suffered an embarrassing loss but atleast the NRR has not taken a hit. There are still three games to go and qualifications are wide open for all teams.

Pak need to get the batting firing. Bowling has been alright but some new ball swing from Shaheen is needed

Congratulations to India in advance. 2:30 AM local time when the match starts for me. Wondering if its even worth staying up for...
Maybe watch 1 to 3 overs. If Pakistan bats first. The first 2 overs will let decide the game. And yes I'm not kidding.

Writing will be on the wall in the first 2

I heard on the news that match gonna be play on new pitch

Theres been a lot of wrist slitting from Pakistan fans this week, but actually its NZ and SL are the teams that have had the worst start to the tournament and look likely to miss out on qualification. Eng is only slightly ahead of Pak

Pak have suffered an embarrassing loss but atleast the NRR has not taken a hit. There are still three games to go and qualifications are wide open for all teams.

Pak need to get the batting firing. Bowling has been alright but some new ball swing from Shaheen is needed
Well said. But tbh, the defeat against the USA has affected the fans more than the team itself.

This team looks so down and out than I am not expecting anything exceptional from them anymore.

I don't think batting first is the right idea. You don't know how the pitch will behave exactly. But you do know you have to keep opposition under 120. Your bowling does not have the confidence to defend right now. If you bowl first, you also take out the Kohli chase factor.

I would argue that the bowling hasn't been good. Pakistan's batting has always been sub-par at best. But more often than not, Pakistan expects their bowlers to defend 160. But Pak pacers simply have not been consistent enough or disciplined recently. And they've lacked bite with the new ball too.

If we win this game we can turn things around dramatically. A chance to go from zero to hero. Let's go team green

Maybe watch 1 to 3 overs. If Pakistan bats first. The first 2 overs will let decide the game. And yes I'm not kidding.

Writing will be on the wall in the first 2

RizBar take the first 2 overs to feel the pitch. But yes if we go wicketless we set it up big time

120 is basically winning score on this pitch. But if Rauf bowls his customary full tosses India can get 150 lol.
Rauf will for sure travel on this pitch but he could also be dangerous because of his pace. He will be the fastest bowler in this match. Pakistan should hope that he can land a few blows before he loses the plot.

But Bumrah might actually be unplayable on this wicket.

RizBar take the first 2 overs to feel the pitch. But yes if we go wicketless we set it up big time
They can feel the pitch this time. I don't mind.

This is not a bang bang pitch. Its a pitch that they need to hang in their.

They can feel the pitch this time. I don't mind.

This is not a bang bang pitch. Its a pitch that they need to hang in their.
If it's going to be the same typical NYC pitch as we have seen. Then wickets in hand in the power play is key. Even if you score 20. But if you have 10 or 9 wickets in hand then you can aim to score 140-150.

If it's going to be the same typical NYC pitch as we have seen. Then wickets in hand in the power play is key. Even if you score 20. But if you have 10 or 9 wickets in hand then you can aim to score 140-150.
Yeah ironically this is the first time we actually need Babar and rizwan ti hang in and play the way they play 😂😂.

As long as they don't dissapoint, then damn, Karma really does exist.

God is like if fans are complaining ill just give Bobby his ideal pitch

ICC said their working on bettering the pitch for Pakistan and India cause even they know how much of a troll pitch NY is
I don't believe them. What could they do that will make this artificial pitch any better? ICC have badly fudged up the planning of this stadium and this pitch. Even the outfield is atrocious. It's crooked, the ball does not reach the boundary and the players stand to get seriously hurt if they put in one bad dive.

I don't believe them. What could they do that will make this artificial pitch any better? ICC have badly fudged up the planning of this stadium and this pitch. Even the outfield is atrocious. It's crooked, the ball does not reach the boundary and the players stand to get seriously hurt if they put in one bad dive.
I think they chose NY cause NY is one of the best cities in the world where Americans are at the heart of but honestly no local American gives a kahoot or is even aware the tourney is going on

According to weather reports from weather.com, the temperature of New York City on Sunday will be 26° Celcius during the day and 18° Celcius at night.

The sky will be partly cloudy during the day and night. The chances of rain are 24% in the morning and 10% at night. There is a chance of rain showers in the morning but not at night. The humidity will be around 52%-57% during the day and night.

So we will be getting the whole game.

I think they chose NY cause NY is one of the best cities in the world where Americans are at the heart of but honestly no local American gives a kahoot or is even aware the tourney is going on
No I know that. But this should have been planned well in advance. You can't prepare a international standard wicket in a matter of months. Its just not possible. Even if you're using drop-in pitches. The outfield has also not been properly curated either. And how can it be? In such a short period of time

Rumours of the same pitch used in Ireland v Canada game

Honestly I mostly agree with what he said. But not all of it.

Yes Pakistan bowlers pulled it back, however it was mostly due to USA inexperience and they started to choke. Pakistan didn't tightnen its fielding and kept the same field infact they ended up chocking by shaheen dropping the catch.

And Rauf shpuld not have gone for that much in the first place. Who told him to bowl 2 full tosses at the end? Both full tosses going for a 6 and a 4 respectively?

But yes the bowling > The batting.

MO Batting is filled with Shadab Khan who's a tail ender and just a tulle bazi, he'll get you 40 of 20 once per 10 games in the same anwar ali could get it once per 10 games as well but he ain't a batsmen.

Azam Khan isn't anything, he's a product of league cricket and is mostly used in marketing campaigns of hey look you don't need to be fit to enjoy playing league cricket and having fun and being sold out. He is not an actual player.

Chacha isn't a finisher. He's an extremely poor Middle order batsmen but he plays as a finisher cause he can hide behind his low average justification excuse of batting at no 7, even then his sr is abysmally shocking for a no 7 batter who usually have high sr but low averages batting at no 7 in t20.

Now for the top order. David Warner and Travis head and heck even butler and salt showed what the purpose of an opening pair is in t20. Babar and Rizwan irrespective of their odi and rest skills are shockingly poor t20 batters. If you're not comfortable hitting lofted strokes, then you should not be playing the t20 format plain and simple. In odi you can have labu type players but not t20.

Finally why is Usman khan and fakhar 2 opening batters playing at no 3 and no 4? No 3 and no 4 traditionally are the 2 most important roles in white-ball, in odi its where your best players play, in t20 while that is not true as England and Australia's best players are opening, its purpose is to set up overs 7 to 15 so that the lower order can finish the final 4 strong, However if te openers depart its also the role where you have to now rebuild.

Why is fakhar and Usman khan, One player who is not a rebuilder nor a set up batsmen, and usman khan a complete newbie given such important roles? The Job to set up overs 7 to 15 or rebuild if the openers depart early should fall on the 2 best accumulators in the dug out.

The fact babar and rizwan are opening sends an extremely extremely extremely poor message about selfish stat padding nature's especially when these 2 are willing to open the innings but not willing to play a super over for their country

No I know that. But this should have been planned well in advance. You can't prepare a international standard wicket in a matter of months. Its just not possible. Even if you're using drop-in pitches. The outfield has also not been properly curated either. And how can it be? In such a short period of time
Months is alot bro, you can prepare pitches in months.

You can't prepare them in days.

It's just USA doesn't really have proper infrastructure, you could give them years and they wouldn't be able to prepare NY.

If this was any other country, A couple of months is more then enough to prepare and curate to ideal standards. India is able to prepare pitches 24/7 in a couple of months before IPl and then revert to standard for tours and tournaments with a few months cause they have the infrastructure for it.

First post on PP for many years ( Hello brothers ).
Pakistans squad lacks batting depth, having said that we have to back our squad now and play the best team possible .
Saim & Abrar must come in for Azam & shadab.
Shadab bowling has gone so downhill since 2017 CT final- he is losing us too many runs and not bowling any wicket taking deliveries .

Fast bowlers need licence to look for wickets, they are not bowling enough fast short bowling to unsettle batsmen, they need to let go of timidity.
As a Captain u need to do what the opposition least wants u to do- babar can take more risks.
Nothing wrong losing in the right way but going down without a real fight will be disappointing

It's going to be an upset if India loses to Pakistan.

I don't expect Pakistan to win this game.
Here’s the thing, even if Pakistan bowl first I recon they will have to shoot India out for 80-100 on this deck. India are more than experienced enough to put up a total of 120-140. That will be a very tough ask when chasing

In my opinion, Pakistan really should bat first and just go for it. Try getting 60 in the powerplay, and set the tone with aggressive intent. Let the bowling side panic knowing they are not going to get the team batting first out for less than hundred

Here’s the thing, even if Pakistan bowl first I recon they will have to shoot India out for 80-100 on this deck. India are more than experienced enough to put up a total of 120-140. That will be a very tough ask when chasing
If you ask me what is the target that Pakistan has a chance of chasing. I would say no more than 120.

What is the score they need to have minimum to defend if they bat first? I would say 140.

Now Indian batting is capable enough at on their worst day. They will never get bowled out for under 100. That's how it is.

Most likely what's going to happen if India bats first is that they score 160.

Most likely what's going to happen if Pakistan bats first is that they score 80.

In my opinion, Pakistan really should bat first and just go for it. Try getting 60 in the powerplay, and set the tone with aggressive intent. Let the bowling side panic knowing they are not going to get the team batting first out for less than hundred
You can not get 60 in the powerplay on this wicket. Not even India can reach that. Any team is calling for a disaster if they try do this.

South Africa lost 3-4 wickets in the power play. When they tried to play positively. Not aggressively but positively. That too against Netherlands medium pacers and we all know South African batting is much superior to Pakistan's.

Thankfully for South Africa they had Stubbs and Miller in the middle order.

If Pakistan loses 3-4 wickets in the powerplay irrespective of situation. It's 100% game over there.

It's going to be an upset if India loses to Pakistan.

I don't expect Pakistan to win this game.
Without doubt your right, especially if India play their leggie ( the best spinner in the work imo) whilst anything can happen but India would need to under underperform yes

Without doubt your right, especially if India play their leggie ( the best spinner in the work imo) whilst anything can happen but India would need to under underperform yes
I expect Pakistan to come on the ground today with shoulders down. Even if they do try to come with the chin up. You'll quickly see within the first 2 overs after a few boundaries that the body language will go down.

India will know that and their first priority will be to target Pakistani bowlers to get their body language down. Once Pakistan are back to their defeatist psychology. India will score enough of a total (if they bat first) that Pakistan will always feel intimidated by the target.

India and Pakistan have always been a close contest when Pakistan have had the momentum with him. In 2021 even, Pakistan beat India because they had momentum.

Right now. There is none. When Pakistan plays India on back of a defeats. They always get thrashing. That's what I have observed.

Best case scenario:

Pak bats first, Babar scores 30 off 20 and gets injured to a bouncer, Pak claw their way to 110-120 and Rizwan captains the side.

I'm certain Rizwan will utilise bowling resources far better than Babar could ever imagine.

Babar the batsman is a loss, but losing Babar the captain is a far bigger win.

They making him practice on the off side?

Attachments

• 07F4E5E1-8932-45B5-9977-B218D4E77F67.jpeg
    07F4E5E1-8932-45B5-9977-B218D4E77F67.jpeg
    209.5 KB · Views: 10
Pakistan won't be able to defend even if they score 160-170+ on that kind of pitch. Best to bat first and play to your strength where you best India the only time while chasing in world cups.

Pakistan won't be able to defend even if they score 160-170+ on that kind of pitch. Best to bat first and play to your strength where you best India the only time while chasing in world cups.
Well, no.

Pakistan should play Imad and Abrar I recon. Those two will give you 8 overs of 50 runs and probably 2 wickets.

Give yourself the best opportunity

I'd try Abbas and Abrar.

Shadab and Rauf are deadweight.

Babar
Rizwan
Usman
Fakhar
Azam
Ifti
Imad
Shaheen
Amir
Abbas
Abrar

Gonna lose but at least fight lads.

Well, no.

Pakistan should play Imad and Abrar I recon. Those two will give you 8 overs of 50 runs and probably 2 wickets.

Give yourself the best opportunity
Pakistan will be feeling more comfortable chasing. defending is not their cup of tea.

Bro this team recently lost to Ireland and newzealand's University team some fans have started accepting the reality. It's not wrist slitting.

It doesn't matter whatever Pakistan does whether it's batting first or 2nd they will lose.

They are under tremendous pressure ( they always are)

If Pakistan bats first they won't score more than 120 and if they bowl first I don't think they will be able to restrict India under 150.

Either way they are gonna lose badly.

It doesn't matter whatever Pakistan does whether it's batting first or 2nd they will lose.

If Pakistan bats first they won't score more than 120 and if they bowl first I don't think they will be able to restrict India under 150.

Just depends on which Fakhar turns up

He’s a maniac. He can win them a game from nowhere

If you ask me what is the target that Pakistan has a chance of chasing. I would say no more than 120.

What is the score they need to have minimum to defend if they bat first? I would say 140.

Now Indian batting is capable enough at on their worst day. They will never get bowled out for under 100. That's how it is.

Most likely what's going to happen if India bats first is that they score 160.

Most likely what's going to happen if Pakistan bats first is that they score 80.
Oh nahi bhai, Canada made 137 against Ireland because Ireland bowling attack is pathetic. Azam Khan was smashing them.

120 is too much to chase. SA (Granted it was a different wicket but not that much difference) we're struggling life and limb against Nedtherlands for 109.

Pakistan can get India 100 all out, if they just learn to bowl right line and lengths. If you bowl right line and length the pitch will do the rest for you, as the uneven bounce will be unplayable.

Problem is these bowlers are in for a full toss galore

Pakistan needs to bolster their batting lineup if they want any chance of winning.

The bowlers, Shaheen, Naseem, Haris, and Amir, have all regressed and can't be relied upon to win matches alone.

It's puzzling why Shadab is preferred over a proper spinner like Abrar. There is no room for both Iftikhar and Shadab, one of them needs to sit out.

Azam Khan should be replaced by Saim, and Fakhar should open the innings.

Imad, being a proper batsman, should not be batting so low. Babar needs to set aside personal issues for the good of the team.

Proposed lineup:
1. Babar
2. Fakhar
3. Rizwan
4. Usman
5. Saim
6. Imad
7. Shadab/Iftikhar
8. Amir
9. Shaheen
10. Naseem
11. Abrar

I'd try Abbas and Abrar.

Shadab and Rauf are deadweight.

Babar
Rizwan
Usman
Fakhar
Azam
Ifti
Imad
Shaheen
Amir
Abbas
Abrar

Gonna lose but at least fight lads.
Agree use your squad but saim needs to come in for Azam whose confidence is shot and India have the pace to exploit his weakness for short pitch bowling

Just depends on which Fakhar turns up

He’s a maniac. He can win them a game from nowhere
He is the only batsman in the whole squad.
He blows hot and cold but he is the only T20 batsman in the squad.

even though he is not batting at his natural position but he still can do a lot of damage and can single-handedly win the game.
If he has good game then Pakistan can surprise India.Hoping for the best..

He is the only batsman in the whole squad.
He blows hot and cold but he is the only T20 batsman in the squad.

even though he is not batting at his natural position but he still can do a lot of damage and can single-handedly win the game.
If he has good game then Pakistan can surprise India.Hoping for the best..
Fakhar Zaman

Fakhar-E-Pakistan

Fakhar the king Slayer!

The Mayor of slog sweep city!

Pakistan needs to bolster their batting lineup if they want any chance of winning.

The bowlers, Shaheen, Naseem, Haris, and Amir, have all regressed and can't be relied upon to win matches alone.

It's puzzling why Shadab is preferred over a proper spinner like Abrar. There is no room for both Iftikhar and Shadab, one of them needs to sit out.

Azam Khan should be replaced by Saim, and Fakhar should open the innings.

Imad, being a proper batsman, should not be batting so low. Babar needs to set aside personal issues for the good of the team.

Proposed lineup:
1. Babar
2. Fakhar
3. Rizwan
4. Usman
5. Saim
6. Imad
7. Shadab/Iftikhar
8. Amir
9. Shaheen
10. Naseem
11. Abrar
I think imad will leave for mehran, he's kinda done tbh

Ps: Not done as a player, I think he's either injured or just doesn't wanna play for the team anymore.

You can tell he came back under the assumption he didn't know Bobby would be captain. I don't think he interested he's an outsider and mehran will replace him, he doesn't wish to play under Bobby now

They struggled it make 35 against USA. You really think they could get 60 against a quality Indian attack? :ROFLMAO:

Fakhar Zaman

Fakhar-E-Pakistan

Fakhar the king Slayer!

The Mayor of slog sweep city!
Every misbah/ babar fan hates good cricketers but enjoy worthless losers? Why is that?

Factually you have evidence presented infront of you of Fakhar, Hafeez, imad, amir(2017, not now), Shaheen(2019 not now), Sarfraz, Malik, Haris sohail being the only ones to actually achieve something worth a damn in the past few years.

But babar, Rizwan, Shadab and chacha are the prides of Pakistan. 3 of them being misbah products. Shadab isn't a misbah product but he sucks so who cares.

They struggled it make 35 against USA. You really think they could get 60 against a quality Indian attack? :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, and that was on a road pitch.

That pitch was a 180 wicket. USA struggled because their a minnow who ended up chocking a bit and losing the plot, Not because Pakistan was bowling well or fielding well lol. Any other top team would have cruised and it wouldn't go to the last over.

Every misbah/ babar fan hates good cricketers but enjoy worthless losers? Why is that?
Just a very ordinary taste in life I guess. Can’t complain about how God has created them to view and enjoy things. Each to their own I guess.

Well, you have to try!
Bro, why even suggest something like this?

This is Pakistan, this is not Australia that we look at them having a 6% chance of winning and believing that the game is still not over, and that these boys will go down swinging.

This is Pakistan. You can tell if these boys will win or lose before the first ball is even bowled. Just look at their faces and you'll get the answer.

If at the start if this game they have worried looks then its over. In the USA game, you could tell Pakistan was always on the loosing end. When usa was struggling Jones was calm, when Pakistan was loosing, Babar was crying and Amir was unleashing hell on earth, and rizwan seemed as if he was going to break.

First over will paint the picture today. This is not 2017 team led by an aggressive ghusei wala captain. I still remember that day, Even hasan ali was looking at the Indian batters with pure anger and shouting to their faces.

While in 2023 wprld cup he looked like an idiot with his lip twitching or whatever he was doing.

Besides Amir who has pent up anger, everyone else doesn't even wanna be their, they all look like their about to cry and weep in tears before they even hold the ball. Only team that seems to be worse in morale then Pakistan atm is New Zealand.

Pakistan to implement the ''Shock and Awe'' strategy?

BLITZKRIEG unloading...

Just a very ordinary taste in life I guess. Can’t complain about how God has created them to view and enjoy things. Each to their own I guess.
Maybe it's nostalgia factor? When I was a kid John cena was my favourite wwe wrestler, I stopped watching wwe for a while and cake back to in 2019. I watched the old era and while he's a great seller no doubt, he isn't as good as proper goat sellers like edge, Triple H, Undertaker, Sting etc.

Probs the nostalgia factor, back in 2010-2015, the team was so bad that Misbah's innings probs seemed liked the goat. Any time sharjeel came, or malik or haris sohail came back or sarfraz came along, They'd either play one game and get kicked out or just be in the squad completly out of position and wait in the dug out for ages.

Over time this nostalgia factor had developed into every thing, and misbah is viewed as a god status that can't do no wrong.

It happened to me as well, I saw naseem shah bowling well for a while, thought he might be the next thing, then when he came back he sucked and then I went back and watched his bowling before he was injured and realised eh he wasn't even that great pre injury lol.

Pakistan cricket legends Waqar Younis and Wasim Akram have predicted the teams they think will emerge victorious, while speaking to a local Indian sports channel:

"My heart says Pakistan but from what I've seen so far in this tournament the pitch in New York is very much for the faster bowlers. So, it evens it out a little bit just purely because of the surface in New York."

"If we look at India's form, India generally is a better team. Better team in a way that they're favourites heading into that game. I will give 60% to India and 40% to Pakistan. But, it's T20I, one good innings, one good spell, the game can change quickly. I think everybody is looking forward to the game of the tournament."

Can someone summarise the Imad situation please. I’m a bit out of the loop. Is he injured, is he on his way back home? Who the heck is Mehran Mumtaz?

Can someone summarise the Imad situation please. I’m a bit out of the loop. Is he injured, is he on his way back home? Who the heck is Mehran Mumtaz?
He’s playing today and I recon that’s it.

Mehran Mumtaz is a left arm spinner from Rawalpindi and also played for Peshawar Zalmi this season. Pakistan u19 and A team product.

Great prospect. He can become our Santner

Mehran Mumtaz is a left arm spinner from Rawalpindi and also played for Peshawar Zalmi this season. Pakistan u19 and A team product.

That’s what I don’t get. Why would he play today and not subsequent matches?

I am sensing a new decline in PCT considering the type of pitch we will have. Virat and rohit will go hard on our bowlers as there is no way just ducking the ball and waiting for lose balls. Specially kohli will smash them hard.

According to media reports, the Pakistan cricket team suffered a significant setback on Sunday ahead of their high-stakes match against arch-rivals India, as an injury has put Shadab Khan's inclusion in the playing XI in jeopardy

Bro what's the weapon that Mehran has that will fire instantly?

Bro what's the weapon that Mehran has that will fire instantly?
I think the plan is to deploy him on the Windies wickets (if Pakistan get there)

Wasim Akram wanted him in the Pakistan squad when he saw him first time in PSL. He said you need a spinner like that on those wickets who bangs the ball in with pace

According to media reports, the Pakistan cricket team suffered a significant setback on Sunday ahead of their high-stakes match against arch-rivals India, as an injury has put Shadab Khan's inclusion in the playing XI in jeopardy
So it means Azam will play? Your gonna be a batsman short

BGQ1yTK.png

ObpPIQQ.png

Azam was apparently not even practicing batting and Was just giving throw downs to other batters

The guy might have to play now

Imad and Shadab batting is same and Imad is bowling better so Pakistan have replaced Shadab, I do not think he is injured.

This

Whoever wins the toss will chase.

Realistically, pak only chance is to chase but even then they will be chasing a sizeable total

Pak bowling attack is awful

Back