India (111/3) defeat USA (110/8) comfortably by 7 wickets to make their way into ICC T20 World Cup 2024 Super 8 stage

Not enough runs on the board. USA needed atleast 140 against this Ind batting line up. Will be a cake walk for Ind. Well -- there's still the Ireland game for us I guess:)

Ofcourse he walks into every t20 team, who said he doesn't?
lol bumrah wishes. Definitely not Australia. Rest of the teams maybe but that says less about Bumrah and more about the low standards of bowling these days

I don’t understand the Nitish dismissal

Arshdeep bowled 1 short the previous delivery which Nitish ducked…

He then bowled another short one at Nitish throat height but wasn’t called a no ball?

Watch the match and then comment.

Not playing Jaiswal is a travesty. Although he’s lucky cause these pitches would make him look poor
I hope Rohit & Dravid get over their obstinate support to Dube. Jaiswal is also excellent against spin, so will be handy in the WIndies.

lol bumrah wishes. Definitely not Australia. Rest of the teams maybe but that says less about Bumrah and more about the low standards of bowling these days
Sorry forgot about Australia. I keep forgetting how good they are 😂😂

imo , Bumrah walks in to every T20 International team in cricketing world ! koi shaque @DeadlyVenom @Rana @FearlessRoar @Asad T - 103/7 , a over 2 go
Yes, I agree, he is one of the best bowlers in the world at the moment, and he is not easy to play against. His bowling economy is exceptionally good against all Test-playing nations

Last edited:
OZ are the GOATS of every single decade in cricket batting the 70s and 80s. India was prolific in 2010s but I reckon OZ edges them. Never gets better then them.
I mean tbf, India isn't bad. They've been consistently in the top 3 since I started watching cricket

From 2010-2015 they were the 2nd best easily.

Sure sa had players like de villers and amla and kallis(granted kallis was end of lifespan at this time) but they weren't > India during this period

And England were garbo at this time

2015-2019 they were 3rd best behind England and Australia.

And even now their still top 4, SA is a toss up so is England. In odi formats in homes conditions their no 1 but in foreign conditions their no 2.

Pant is the big wicket they need

He is India’s best player in this tournament I recon

I mean tbf, India isn't bad. They've been consistently in the top 3 since I started watching cricket

From 2010-2015 they were the 2nd best easily.

Sure sa had players like de villers and amla and kallis(granted kallis was end of lifespan at this time) but they weren't > India during this period

And England were garbo at this time

2015-2019 they were 3rd best behind England and Australia.

And even now their still top 4, SA is a toss up so is England. In odi formats in homes conditions their no 1 but in foreign conditions their no 2.
Talking about GOATs here. Nobody cares about who was a good second or third.

If kohli sharma couldn’t win a icc trophy in there prime how they going to do it when theyr on there last legs. Put in some youngsters you never know.

This pitch is the last place to judge him. You guys all that crap about him and he was MoS in the ODI WC and highest run getter in IPL. Give it a break.
He was an anchor in the ODI World Cup . He had the luxury of batting the way he did because others were taking the game on.

Also it's irrelevant in T20 cricket

This pitch is the last place to judge him. You guys all that crap about him and he was MoS in the ODI WC and highest run getter in IPL. Give it a break.
Tbf bro, these guys have a point.

Their not use to seeing current kohli, We are because current kohli and rohit still make all pur batters look like clowns.

But these guys have highs standards. Compared to 2015-2016 era kohli and classic rohit, these 2 have clearly dwindled and its understandable, their not mid 20's anymore

Pant is not looking comfortable. Now that means nothing as he top scored against Pakistan batting like this

If kohli sharma couldn’t win a icc trophy in there prime how they going to do it when theyr on there last legs. Put in some youngsters you never know.
Naah. His played well in last IPL, so he is alright

He was an anchor in the ODI World Cup . He had the luxury of batting the way he did because others were taking the game on.

Also it's irrelevant in T20 cricket
This. Some guys here can't even differentiate between formats.

Best result for Pakistan is if India win by 1 wicket and struggle.

USA don't get points and our boys morale can be picked up by the fact that other teams struggled against USA.

If we do make it to the super 8s we need to bury the USA loss and move on from it.

Surya Kumar is a waste of space... Main threat is.... hmmm... Pant?

USA is.the favorite if they are able to get Pant. This Netra guy is taking his revenge from the under 19 days :). Yadav, Pandya are all out of form.

Tbf bro, these guys have a point.

Their not use to seeing current kohli, We are because current kohli and rohit still make all pur batters look like clowns.

But these guys have highs standards. Compared to 2015-2016 era kohli and classic rohit, these 2 have clearly dwindled and its understandable, their not mid 20's anymore
On this pitch even england and aus would struggle to make 100 here bro

Best result for Pakistan is if India win by 1 wicket and struggle.

USA don't get points and our boys morale can be picked up by the fact that other teams struggled against USA.

If we do make it to the super 8s we need to bury the USA loss and move on from it.
What happened to boycotting this game?

Don’t think Virat is finished … any batsman takes time to settle in new batting position… IMO Virat should return to his original position at 4
Why did we need a new opener? Was Jaiswal bad?

On this pitch even england and aus would struggle to make 100 here bro
I'm aware but rohit and kohli are past their prime. Their still good because their ATG's but it doesn't change the fact that if you're an Indian fan, then you will understandably yearn for the past.

Very few players I recall have maintained the same level of performances throughout their career.

Sachin was one of them, viv another, David Warner is the 3rd, Sangakarra 4th.

Otherwise even pointing level players or kallis level players got burnt out

And if you're a pace bowler, then 100% you yearn for the past. As in the case for people wishing for 1992 wasim in 2003.

Has anyone noticed how always Pant keeps trying.
I remember a no context game against England in 2019 WC even then he was the only one trying to win, which we lost.
Intent. Wish more cricketers had that.

Not sure why Pakistani supporters are celebrating here......surely we need India to win this comprehensively in order to bring USA nrr down???? The more wickets that go down, the more conservative India will go, and they will just tuk tuk the chase. They will still chase this down, but we, as Pakistanis need them to chase it quickly for our own good.

Not sure why Pakistani supporters are celebrating here......surely we need India to win this comprehensively in order to bring USA nrr down???? The more wickets that go down, the more conservative India will go, and they will just tuk tuk the chase. They will still chase this down, but we, as Pakistanis need them to chase it quickly for our own good.
Probs because they'll have the ego to claim Canada is gonna beat India too 😂

I like how Pant is waiting for the ball to come to him and just angling the bat.

I'm aware but rohit and kohli are past their prime. Their still good because their ATG's but it doesn't change the fact that if you're an Indian fan, then you will understandably yearn for the past.

Very few players I recall have maintained the same level of performances throughout their career.

Sachin was one of them, viv another, David Warner is the 3rd, Sangakarra 4th.

Otherwise even pointing level players or kallis level players got burnt out

And if you're a pace bowler, then 100% you yearn for the past. As in the case for people wishing for 1992 wasim in 2003.
Ya cant disagree solid points you made.

I don't get this scorecard thing from you boys. Seems so tedious.
If I watch I will need to be invested in an Indian victory.

I can't bring myself to do that.

Would rather watch something else and check in here and there so I know what Pak chances are.

Why did we need a new opener? Was Jaiswal bad?

Pant should open with Rohit, Virat to come at No.4….. u r right Jaiswal, Gill , Rinku Singh are waiting …. BCCI could make India B team as well…. ICC should allow India’s 2 teams in ICC tournaments

Back