India [168/6] beat Bangladesh [166/8] by four wickets to win the Nidahas Twenty20 Tri-Series

Bro, have you seen how Sri Lankan Fans were really rejoicing the victory?
I was surprised to see Lankan fans came out in numbers to watch the final, but after seeing the celebrations they were there to see BD lose. If BD-SL game didn’t involved controversy, im sure an avg SL fans would’ve cheered for BD against us.
Lot of BD players do cross the line with their behaviour which is why lot of neutral fans dont really like BD. Replace BD with either Ireland/Zim/Afg and im sure majority of neutrals would’ve cheered them against us.

There must be something wrong BD team have been doing otherwise why would neutral fans dislike them?

Most neutrals dislike a team for two obvious reasons, 1) If team is always winning(Australia of 2000s) 2) on and off Field behaviour...

Now, you decide what could be the reason for neutrals to dislike BD....

Bro you got the "neutral" thing completely wrong. How on earth Srilankan fans could be neutral as we won last two games and most importantly got them out of their independence cup.

Somehow I’ve mostly met nice people as well. Not sure who are the ones storming the internet.

There are few BD people I’ve met in Canada are very humble and loving people. Its mostly on internet where some of BD fans act like jerk and often come across sore losers.

tbh, you cant judge a set of people by the way they behave on the internet. Since there are no repercussions of their behaviour on the internet, people can go a bit mental sometimes.

And thats true for every nationality, not just Bangladeshis.

Bro you got the "neutral" thing completely wrong. How on earth Srilankan fans could be neutral as we won last two games and most importantly got them out of their independence cup.
Well there team wasn’t involved today, so they do count as neutrals.

There are few BD people I’ve met in Canada are very humble and loving people. Its mostly on internet where some of BD fans act like jerk and often come across sore losers.

I've seen plenty of people from Bangladesh, India and Pakistan to act weirdly on Internet. The way babgladeshis, pakistanis and Indians mock and insult each other on different defence related messages boards, YouTube or any other social sites is absolutely cringeworthy.

It's not like it's exclusive to Bangladeshi ppl only.

They're probably just deceiving to gain favor or something. Maybe a promotion at work or a reccomendation. Thats what I would do.

Not really. Our MO is still not resolved.

Looks like the the 4-7 spots will be like this
Pandey/Raina
Dhoni
Karthik/Rahul
Pandya

Now, I dont think we can get rid of Dhoni before WC 19, so no point discussing that.

After today's innings Karthik Will get an elongated run, which might not be that bad.

But India desperately needs Raina back at 4, and if KArthik fails, Rahul needs to be played.

Pant is also not that bad. He needs to be persisted with. Might have struggled in the series, but he has scored at all levels in domestic cricket. You cant just let a talent like that go, without giving him a few more opportunities.

I would take Raina (who looked pretty good this tournament) and Kartik. Main reason is that both of them are clutch. Still hate Raina for the knock he played against us in the 2011 semi-final; he single handedly took you guys to 260. He still looks a tad fat for me though. Kartik proved today that he's clutch.

I don't rate Pandey one bit. He's a hack with a pretty terrible technique to boot. Don't see what people see in him. Rahul on the other hand I rate, but only as an opener. Not as a middle order player. He's still a pretty solid option. I don't get the hype behind Jadhav who has done nothing everytime I've seen him. And yeah, Dhoni has lost it * 100000000000000000.

Your ideal team would be this:

Dhawan - Rohit
Kohli
Rahul
Kartik (WK)
Raina
Pandya
4 bowlers.

tbh, you cant judge a set of people by the way they behave on the internet. Since there are no repercussions of their behaviour on the internet, people can go a bit mental sometimes.

And thats true for every nationality, not just Bangladeshis.

Agree w/ your last statement, however the reason BD fans get lot of stick is cause of the on field behaviour of their team.

They're probably just deceiving to gain favor or something. Maybe a promotion at work or a reccomendation. Thats what I would do.

That is wrong way of looking at it. Plus they weren’t trying to decieve me as they couldn’t gain anything from it.

I've seen plenty of people from Bangladesh, India and Pakistan to act weirdly on Internet. The way babgladeshis, pakistanis and Indians mock and insult each other on different defence related messages boards, YouTube or any other social sites is absolutely cringeworthy.

It's not like it's exclusive to Bangladeshi ppl only.

That is true to some extent, however BD fans take it sometimes too far, plus their team’s onfield behaviour doesn’t help to change perception either.

That is true to some extent, however BD fans take it sometimes too far, plus their team’s onfield behaviour doesn’t help to change perception either.

Then I think we should agree to disagree . Internet is full of idiots and dumb nationalists who think they r doing a great job in showing their manliness by disrespecting others parents, religions or cultures.

As for the second part of ur post, cricket is already a niche sport played by handful of nations. If players aren't allowed to express themselves on the field or enjoy the moments by some ott celebrations then what's the point of playing a competitive sport.

Yes, we have seen namuna of that just now, that mods had to called in action. Please stay on cricket - we had a good game and your team won, Congrats for that.

Wow the BD boys really stretched India B.... I wasn't expecting it to go this close when Sharma and Rahul were batting.

Then I think we should agree to disagree . Internet is full of idiots and dumb nationalists who think they r doing a great job in showing their manliness by disrespecting others parents, religions or cultures.

As for the second part of ur post, cricket is already a niche sport played by handful of nations. If players aren't allowed to express themselves on the field or enjoy the moments by some ott celebrations then what's the point of playing a competitive sport.

Expressing is fine as long as it doesn’t involves unneeded controversy. I mean Naagin dance celebrations (Imo) is epic and actually made this series much more interesting, but breaking a glass door in dressing room is what not needed in cricket.

Wow the BD boys really stretched India B.... I wasn't expecting it to go this close when Sharma and Rahul were batting.

At one point i even gave up (when Shankar played that 4 dot balls). But DK played one hella of a knock to win the game when we needed 35 from 12.

At one point i even gave up (when Shankar played that 4 dot balls). But DK played one hella of a knock to win the game when we needed 35 from 12.

It came down to 35 off 12 :O :O :O.... someone must have played real bad for it to come down to that. I think when Sharma/Rahul were playing asking rate was 7-8.

Never thought I would say this when it started but this was a tremendous tournament ... so many memorable moments from cobra dance to no balls(not called) to last ball sixes in consecutive matches. Well done to all the teams in this regard.

He's way way way too classy for this. I don't think Dhoni and Kohli were even watching this game

India team themselves were not watching last group match, were busy in some function, they missed epic Drama other day :shakib :ashwin

It came down to 35 off 12 :O :O :O.... someone must have played real bad for it to come down to that. I think when Sharma/Rahul were playing asking rate was 7-8.

Thanks to DK, he made sure your fears didn't come true today ...#Cheers :19:

Cmon it was Win Win for you BD lost you can troll em Ind lost you can trol em!!!!

Bhai atleast the Indian PP'ers take it on the chin...

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a random tri series so why is such a big deal being made out of it

I legit didn't know about it... Few days ago I saw Ind Playing SL and thought it was another bilateral series

It's a random tri series so why is such a big deal being made out of it

I legit didn't know about it... Few days ago I saw Ind Playing SL and thought it was another bilateral series

No one cared till last match BD-SL drama :yk

What happened?
Is this when a window was broken?

Yes, and Umpire cheating,Shakib recalling team,taunting of Lankan players,NAGIN DANCE ,Riyad winning it in last over,super drama so much so that,Lankan supporters came out to stadium supporting India today :))) never has that happened.

7nbb.jpg

God!!!! ROFLLL!! Whoever made this :D :D It just cracked me up :D The creativity of our fans these days :D :D Admin! Pls delete it in case it's offensive. Just found it on Twiitter and couldn't stop sharing it :D

Yea, Manish Pandey played lot of dot balls in the begining and Vijay ‘Allrounder’ Shankar played 4 dot balls in 18th over when we needed 36 to win from 18 :facepalm:
This match would’ve won by 18th over if KL and Sharma were batting till the end, but oh well.

Now we know, Shankar, Thakur, Siraj, and Unadkat need to be disposed off PERMANENTLY. :facepalm:

I hope Vijat Shankar is not treated harshly by selectors. He was facing Fizz who is a world class bowler. This experience will do him a world of good.

I hope Vijat Shankar is not treated harshly by selectors. He was facing Fizz who is a world class bowler. This experience will do him a world of good.

Experiencing him didn't do us any good. So thank you and let him enjoy his retired life with Unadkat and Thakur. Washington can join them too if he likes.

Last edited:

Vijay Shankar should join the list of players who debuted for India. List includes Vinay Kumar, P Kumar, Dinda. I hope this is last of us we see of Shankar.
I saw the highlights of this match and its made soo furious whenever he was either bowling or batting. Not even sure what exactly did the selectors see in him to select for national squad :facepalm:

Not watched at all except for the chase because of naagin dance.

Have seen him before somewhere and didn't think much of him. I could be wrong obviously, but I think I'll stick my neck out about him...

Not watched at all except for the chase because of naagin dance.

Have seen him before somewhere and didn't think much of him. I could be wrong obviously, but I think I'll stick my neck out about him...

You are obviously wrong, Sundar is Man of the Series with all the commentators and experts calling him the find of the series for India.

But India defeated them too which also made them go out

Yes, we have seen namuna of that just now, that mods had to called in action. Please stay on cricket - we had a good game and your team won, Congrats for that.
You guys keep confusing fans with players. It's the player's behavior which are held to higher standard and which is judged, idiot fans are there in every country

You guys keep confusing fans with players. It's the player's behavior which are held to higher standard and which is judged, idiot fans are there in every country

Leave it man, you were not there in PP then.

One of your Indian poster's used a term for BD players (actually BD as a nations) that I my self is shamed to post that response in a civilized blog, but sometimes it becomes essential.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well then I'm confused because there is no other explanation for that kind of behavior.

Relax man, I am also upset for the loss. But, it's just a game and most of us in PP are like a global family - little tu tu, mai, mai is fine; but you need to know where to stop.

They won, fair enough and I am sure apart from few trolls, most posters here would have appreciated BD team as well, had we won.

Just enjoy Sunday evening and wait for the next game. I never thought that in T20 we are so close and so good - time'll settle some scores for sure in future (on field).

Relax man, I am also upset for the loss. But, it's just a game and most of us in PP are like a global family - little tu tu, mai, mai is fine; but you need to know where to stop.

They won, fair enough and I am sure apart from few trolls, most posters here would have appreciated BD team as well, had we won.

Just enjoy Sunday evening and wait for the next game. I never thought that in T20 we are so close and so good - time'll settle some scores for sure in future (on field).

I'm actually not that upset about the match. Its one game, that too in T20 format, against a side resting all their main players. We've won dozens of games over the years against top teams playing their top players, including India. We've even played a role in knocking some teams out of tournaments before - heck we just knocked SL out their own party just like they did to us a few weeks ago.

If I was upset, I'd have been banned by now instead of just copping a few warnings.

WOW. More than 30 runs needed in last two overs and India still got home.

Some ***** bowling by BD at the end :/

If Mehidy had dropped the catch, India would probably have run 2 and Shankar not able to score a boundary off the last ball!

Don't think so. It was a part timer bowling the final over, Shankar isn't exactly a mug with the bat. He would still have 3-4 chances to smoke a couple of sixes.

I'm actually not that upset about the match. Its one game, that too in T20 format, against a side resting all their main players. We've won dozens of games over the years against top teams playing their top players, including India. We've even played a role in knocking some teams out of tournaments before - heck we just knocked SL out their own party just like they did to us a few weeks ago.

If I was upset, I'd have been banned by now instead of just copping a few warnings.

Your team has only won 5 games out of 50 against India In the last 30 years in all formats and all of them in ODIs...yet to win a test match or t20...so that's one every 10 games...so you shouldn't be too upset with today's result..😁

Don't think so. It was a part timer bowling the final over, Shankar isn't exactly a mug with the bat. He would still have 3-4 chances to smoke a couple of sixes.

3 or 4 chances? There was only one ball left after the catch was taken.

Your team has only won 5 games out of 50 against India In the last 30 years in all formats and all of them in ODIs...yet to win a test match or t20...so that's one every 10 games...so you shouldn't be too upset with today's result..��

Thats not the reason. This is a T20 match. Its the least prestigous format, according to the majority in the cricketing community. Secondly, there's no real glory to be gained from beating an Indian C side. Would the BD players magically get IPL contracts? Nope. Thats not to say a win would have been a bad result for BD. But what exactly would winning this match mean? In 2015 we beat full strength India across 300 overs in an ODI series and it didn't mean anything to anyone outside the BD fanbase. I am struggling to see why beating India in a 40 over game would be any different. Asia Cup final, yes that would have been something. Some random context-less Trophy? Not so much. If you've won a marathon, you can't get satisfied winning at just 1600 meters.

3 or 4 chances? There was only one ball left after the catch was taken.

My bad. Still you reckon he'd have hit a 6. The ball was probably a full toss of half tracker. I mean its a part time bowler of a minnow team like Bangladesh for heaven's sake. At least thats the narrative.

Thats not the reason. This is a T20 match. Its the least prestigous format, according to the majority in the cricketing community. Secondly, there's no real glory to be gained from beating an Indian C side. Would the BD players magically get IPL contracts? Nope. Thats not to say a win would have been a bad result for BD. But what exactly would winning this match mean? In 2015 we beat full strength India across 300 overs in an ODI series and it didn't mean anything to anyone outside the BD fanbase. I am struggling to see why beating India in a 40 over game would be any different. Asia Cup final, yes that would have been something. Some random context-less Trophy? Not so much. If you've won a marathon, you can't get satisfied winning at just 1600 meters.

You sound as if BD have been beating teams left right and center for fun. I mean if winning this game and series was so meaningless to BD, then why even bother sending full strength squad? Why not test players like India did? BD are yet to defeat Team India in T20 format which tells you that there is massive gap between the two sides.

Whatever you said about “meaningless game and series” holds true for team India. We Indian fans wouldnt have much bothered if we had lost the game and series, as we send in pretty much C team. Your team is improving and its matter of just one game( Final of any tournament) to turn around their fortunes. Until then, instead of degrading opposition just praise your team and its efforts. Im sure soon enough they will bounce back stronger and better.

It was just Karthik's day. End of story.Not many in the world could have pulled that off. Rubel Hosein was bowling well up until that over. If you notice Rubel his yorker would have been perfect if KKD had stood in normal position. But he stood a foot outside the crease which helped him convert that yorker into a full toss. He messed up his mind from that point.

It was just Karthik's day. End of story.Not many in the world could have pulled that off. Rubel Hosein was bowling well up until that over. If you notice Rubel his yorker would have been perfect if KKD had stood in normal position. But he stood a foot outside the crease which helped him convert that yorker into a full toss. He messed up his mind from that point.

Good observation

I also noticed the same, he was well outside the batting crease which allowed him to negate the yorker lengt. I wonder if Rubel knew DK was standing outside batting crease and could've bowled some bodyline bouncer to push him back into the crease. But as you mentioned, converting a perfect yorker into lower fulltoss have upset his rythm and made him bowl some length balls.

Good observation

I also noticed the same, he was well outside the batting crease which allowed him to negate the yorker lengt. I wonder if Rubel knew DK was standing outside batting crease and could've bowled some bodyline bouncer to push him back into the crease. But as you mentioned, converting a perfect yorker into lower fulltoss have upset his rythm and made him bowl some length balls.

I have known him doing that from time to time. During English tour as Test opener to counter swing from Anderson/ Sidebottom he stood a foot outside the crease and had a very successful Test series. He virtually killed anyswing they had by standing out.

You sound as if BD have been beating teams left right and center for fun.

Actually we kinda have. BD has I think the 4th or 5th best W/L record in ODIs since the 2015 World Cup. There were a couple of guys bragging about their team's 6th place ranking, so I think 5th is decent especially for a minnow team.

I mean if winning this game and series was so meaningless to BD, then why even bother sending full strength squad? Why not test players like India did? BD are yet to defeat Team India in T20 format which tells you that there is massive gap between the two sides.

Whatever you said about “meaningless game and series” holds true for team India. We Indian fans wouldnt have much bothered if we had lost the game and series, as we send in pretty much C team. Your team is improving and its matter of just one game( Final of any tournament) to turn around their fortunes. Until then, instead of degrading opposition just praise your team and its efforts. Im sure soon enough they will bounce back stronger and better.

I never dismissed any team's performance in this tournament.

I merely state the fact that this an understrength Indian side. 2nd string, 4th string, whatever it may be. Thats a fact. Its not a diss to guys like Shankar or Unadkat. Even if it was, its a bigger diss to Bangladesh that they couldn't beat an understrength Indian side.

I said its my personal OPINION, that this is a meaningless series. I never said Bangladesh lost on purpose. They tried their best to win. They sent their top squad. It didn't work out. Its not the end of the world. The fact that you seem to want to want to coerce Bangladesh fans into saying so leads me to believe you're just trying to fan the flames.

Classic case of grapes must be sour 😀

Actually we kinda have. BD has I think the 4th or 5th best W/L record in ODIs since the 2015 World Cup. There were a couple of guys bragging about their team's 6th place ranking, so I think 5th is decent especially for a minnow team.

Like seriously now you’re gonna brag about having 5th best W/L ratio post WC 15?
Idek who are the top4, sums up the importance of this stat. Im sure not many would know that too without checking cricinfo.

I never dismissed any team's performance in this tournament.

I merely state the fact that this an understrength Indian side. 2nd string, 4th string, whatever it may be. Thats a fact. Its not a diss to guys like Shankar or Unadkat. Even if it was, its a bigger diss to Bangladesh that they couldn't beat an understrength Indian side.

I said its my personal OPINION, that this is a meaningless series. I never said Bangladesh lost on purpose. They tried their best to win. They sent their top squad. It didn't work out. Its not the end of the world. The fact that you seem to want to want to coerce Bangladesh fans into saying so leads me to believe you're just trying to fan the flames.

You’re just bitter that your team loss, there is no two way about it.

Like seriously now you’re gonna brag about having 5th best W/L ratio post WC 15?
Idek who are the top4, sums up the importance of this stat. Im sure not many would know that too without checking cricinfo.

Might be 4th, I'm not sure. They put it up during the BD-SL-ZIM tri series a few weeks back. Thats how I know.

You’re just bitter that your team loss, there is no two way about it.

Fair enough. Still doesn't mean this Nidahas trophy was more important than the WC or this was an ATG Indian team like you're making out to be. You just don't like Bangladesh, there is no two ways about it.

Might be 4th, I'm not sure. They put it up during the BD-SL-ZIM tri series a few weeks back. Thats how I know.

Fair enough. Still doesn't mean this Nidahas trophy was more important than the WC or this was an ATG Indian team like you're making out to be. You just don't like Bangladesh, there is no two ways about it.

Actually in the last 3 years you guys are ranked 8th in terms of win loss ratio..even below Afghanistan...

Great effort by Karthik. Saw the HL, and was really bewildered as to why he was ready for a potentially disastrous second, which would have led to a panicking Shankar at the striker's end. It ended nicely for India with DK pulling an abs stunner of a shot.

But I am also happy there was none of the stupid Nagin dance, and no chance of mushfiqur following up with a stupid tweet either.

Essentially it was a 6 to win off the last ball and he did it. Bangladeshi bowlers messed up right at the end and DK showed no fear, it was pretty brutal. I felt sorry for Bangladesh though, I mean they've had a few instances now where they can't get over the finishing line. I felt the pain, it must be real tough being a Bangladeshi supporter.

What BD needs is a quick triseries with Afg and Zim to relieve some of the pain

Fantastic win and great batting by DK. Hope this is a new leaf in his career and he kicks on from here. He is extremely talented and has played some good innings in tests early in his career. People forget his contribution in England in 2007 when we won the series there. Him and Wasim Jaffer were crucial at the top in that series.

Essentially it was a 6 to win off the last ball and he did it. Bangladeshi bowlers messed up right at the end and DK showed no fear, it was pretty brutal. I felt sorry for Bangladesh though, I mean they've had a few instances now where they can't get over the finishing line. I felt the pain, it must be real tough being a Bangladeshi supporter.

DK's intelligence wasn't analyzed by commies except Sunil gavsakar in the 19th over. If you look at first ball of 19th over he stayed well outside the crease. Look at third ball he was staying deep inside the crease. 4th 5th slow ball. So he expected a slower one on 6th on the off stump. He moved away to make the scoop shot. Same way sarkar planed a wide yorker which is often a good percentage ball. But KKD is such a good player all around the wicket. He can whack you anywhere. He just double guessed and smashed him over extra cover. It was pure intelligence not just swinging from the hips. That is why others were struggling for 10 overs to hit a six.

I meant ODIs. But 8th isn't bad considering India are 6th all time in Tests. Bangladesh didn't even care about cricket till 1997.

I meant ODIs too... supposed to be your best format and during your best years..from March 2015 to present..BD is ranked 8th...do much for progress..🤔

Karthik's innings covered up a few cracks. They gave away too many runs especially going for 18 runs to Miraj in last over was ordinary.
Then while batting there was a period when they did not score any boundary for almost 5 overs with Sharma at the crease

I think BD played very well. They were buoyed by their win against SL the other day and I was expecting them to come up with a good performance ( that they did).
It was only Karthik's superhero like innings that took India over the line.

[MENTION=138254]Syed1[/MENTION] Jani Tum nay Toh Full Khi Wala Mode on Kar Liya hay Is Thread per :)) :))

I meant ODIs. But 8th isn't bad considering India are 6th all time in Tests. Bangladesh didn't even care about cricket till 1997.

True its not bad,but forgetting we own the test Mace right now, are ODI Champions right now?
You can start mentioning our W/L ratio when next year test mace is given to someone else.

Hello everyone,

Please take it easy on Shutdown Corner. Don't forget that Denial is the first stage of grief. He simply cannot comprehend what had happened. Please do join me in wishing him well.

Bangladeshi team has managed to **** off Indian, Pakistani and Sri Lankan fans. Must be a record.

It is the snobbish attitude of the fans from SL, Ind and PK, who think BD are not in their league and therefore their fans should act subservient. But the confidence and passion of BD fans offends them and these three have joined to hate BD, conveniently ignoring everything their own players and fans have done in the past.

It is the snobbish attitude of the fans from SL, Ind and PK, who think BD are not in their league and therefore their fans should act subservient. But the confidence and passion of BD fans offends them and these three have joined to hate BD, conveniently ignoring everything their own players and fans have done in the past.

Do you have any idea how much goodwill the BD team had with Indian, Pak and SL fans? When Inzi took Pak to last wicket victory, or when Ashraful lead the BD victory over Australia in England, countless Indian, Pak and SL fans rooted for BD.

So what has changed now? Think about it with a cool mind. If you desire respect, it has to be earned.

Last edited:
Back