India v Sri Lanka | Match 2 | CB Series | Brisbane | 4/2/08

bones20 said:
I guess they will keep in line of "fire or retire", 190 guys, how much you say? pathetic against this pajama sri lankan side

Care to explain?

This guy is our best, Rohit Sharma, IMO. He reminds me of Inzi for his temperament.

bones20 said:
i say murali will get yuvraj

Just tell me who will win this match so I can weight my options - retire or fire gaalis all night.. :)))

buddhika_s said:
Care to explain?
I dont believe they have any talent. They are obviously extremely hard working. They are real labours IMO.

Rohit Sharma gone for a duck. Caugh behind but it looked a poor decision

sorry to open a can of worms, Murali's doosra is such a chuck , OMG , never realized it but the angle they showed it from , it was obvious

Dhonifan said:
Just tell me who will win this match so I can weight my options - retire or fire gaalis all night.. :)))
280+ and we have a game. anything less than 260 not enough. We just have ishant (newbee) and sreesanth. irfan is getting picked.

asifp said:
sorry to open a can of worms, Murali's doosra is such a chuck , OMG , never realized it besided the angle they showed
Murali is a chucker, Malinga is a chucker.

If you have such a bent in arm, keep them at home. cricket field is not for them. anyways, ICC has cleared both.

bones20 said:
280+ and we have a game. anything less than 260 not enough. We just have ishant (newbee) and sreesanth. irfan is getting picked.

260? I see 160 as a mountain to climb

jaya really attacking with his field settings .. wish malik would learn from him.

Guys you are saying bad decision but no replays were shown on TV at all why is this? Anyway Sharma is out and he must go.

I get the feeling its cause Sri Lankan will assume they are doing it cause of Murali being bowler.

Dhonifan said:
260? I see 160 as a mountain to climb
Naa. Sri Lanka dont have it in them to wrap us up. we will still play out 50 overs. These are dhoni's favourite opponents :)) we might touch 225-230. bhajji, sreesanth, pathan can give 20-25 runs each against sri lanka

wow Murali did not even appeal and Rudi gave it out , no one besides Sangakara appealed.

well I guess Tendulkar survived few , bad luck

They've shown replays now and it definitely was a shocker. Even during first viewing I thought Sangakarra might have been appealing for a stumping cause the bat seemed pretty far from the ball

LOL they now show replays on big screen and big boos going in the crowd.

bl*^&^% south africans are a pain in the butt, can't umpire cant referee

I fear this new Indian middle order lacks experience against Murali he is gonna pick a big bag of wickets here. :-(

Cryin Out Loud said:
Fire or retire; we're sure retiring for now.
i didnt see any fire either whatsoever. come on this is sri lanka. all our old blokes have made their career out of them.

bones20 said:
Naa. Sri Lanka dont have it in them to wrap us up. we will still play out 50 overs. These are dhoni's favourite opponents :)) we might touch 225-230. bhajji, sreesanth, pathan can give 20-25 runs each against sri lanka

I've seen India defend 180 against SL, so 225 with out bowling should be a good score

asifp said:
wow Murali did not even appeal and Rudi gave it out , no one besides Sangakara appealed.

well I guess Tendulkar survived few , bad luck

Not only that, murli was in the way of the umpire

sachin did not survive any close call, all 3 of them were clearing the stumps by a good distance

Dhonifan said:
I've seen India defend 180 against SL, so 225 with out bowling should be a good score
This pitch will suite jayasurya perfectly for his stroke making if he makes it through 8 overs and we know he can kill our bowling. Even sangu, jayawardana are real good bats against our bowling. I so much wish we have rains today as well

We need 250+ for sure but right now India will settle for 200 now after this collapse.

bones20 said:
i didnt see any fire either whatsoever. come on this is sri lanka. all our old blokes have made their career out of them.

And they've made their carees against us, occasionally. ;-)

bones20 said:
This pitch will suite jayasurya perfectly for his stroke making if he makes it through 8 overs and we know he can kill our bowling. Even sangu, jayawardana are real good bats against our bowling. I so much wish we have rains today as well

nah, jaya is not what he used to be.

I am not stressing it. Young team, let 'em do what they can. A few ODIs don't matter much, just so they're showing improvement.

WOW I just checked the score board and India lost 4 of their wickets for just 15 runs!!!

Dhonifan said:
nah, jaya is not what he used to be.
may be, havent watched him lately. heard him make some good scores against england lately. Sight of indian bowlers like pathan will be like raw flesh to him.

Cryin Out Loud said:
I am not stressing it. Young team, let 'em do what they can. A few ODIs don't matter much, just so they're showing improvement.
Not sure why you want to do this when you had players like ganguly at disposal who can sure stick it to the sri lankas atleast i believe.

bones20 said:
may be, havent watched him lately. heard him make some good scores against england lately. Sight of indian bowlers like pathan will be like raw flesh to him.

I'm banking on Sreeshant getting him cheap.

situation is so desperate that these 2 are running for everything, even if it means a run out chance twice in an over..

Dhonifan said:
I'm banking on Sreeshant getting him cheap.
Well for that matter, sure anything is possible. My gut feeling is that he will screw us today. Atleast I am really disappointed by this pathetic dumb show.

run rate < 4 in australia is really hard to achieve even for tail enders. and they are supposedly playing fire or retire

there you go , plumb , Rudi has lost it too

too much cricket for these guys

bones20 said:
Not sure why you want to do this when you had players like ganguly at disposal who can sure stick it to the sri lankas atleast i believe.

Kya kar sakte hain. The decision has been made to get in a young team. It's done. I can understand that decision.

Now to see if they can improve over the series.

ghambir plumb not given .. dont think rudi is gonna give an lbws today ..

I am really surprised all our batters are playing across to well pitched straight deliveries.

Damn Gambhir is losing his head and goes for a wild one after surviving a close appeal. I think his big stride saved him with that appeal.

kashif77 said:
ghambir plumb not given .. dont think rudi is gonna give an lbws today ..
I was waiting for your comment dude :))) you hate India inside out

bones20 said:

true, ganguly would have stepped out and lofted Murli for a 6 instead of looking like a rabbit caught in the headlight.

but i guess the thinking is that SG is not gonna play WC2011, so why take him, throw the youngsters into the deep

the only problem is that the youngsters are not proving to be worthy replacements. i cannot see rohit sharma becoming a dravid, or gambhir a ganguly

It wasnt plumb dude, hawkeye suggested it would bounce over by atleast 3 inches.

Dhonifan said:
true, ganguly would have stepped out and lofted Murli for a 6 instead of looking like a rabbit caught in the headlight.

but i guess the thinking is that SG is not gonna play WC2011, so why take him, throw the youngsters into the deep

the only problem is that the youngsters are not proving to be worthy replacements. i cannot see rohit sharma becoming a dravid, or gambhir a ganguly

Agree

Will someone please tell Yuvi to shut his mouth, speak less and at least MAKE AN EFFORT to enter Double Digits.........When was the last time he crossed 10

asifp said:
if Gambir is their guy to replace Ganguly , God help India

i dont think there is a comparison there but he is the best that we have got..i dont see us winning much matches either

Crusader said:
i dont think there is a comparison there but he is the best that we have got..i dont see us winning much matches either

India has to have someone better than Gambir.

thats the problem on flat Indian wickets , you can be off side dominant as balls dont bounce much , so he scored tonnes of runs , he is going to struggle in Aussie big time

Cryin Out Loud said:
Not according to hawkeye.

According to our resident expert the hawkeye is not to be trusted. only comms are, and if they shout 'thats close' it means OUT

Also, if an Indian is not given out lbw, it's usually because the umpire has been threatened with death by bcci... :)))

asifp said:
please no more Dard-e-Dravid , one man for sure who should retire from ODI

Right now Dravid would have been sitting on 40 and milking murli for singles

Indiagem said:
Will someone please tell Yuvi to shut his mouth, speak less and at least MAKE AN EFFORT to enter Double Digits.........When was the last time he crossed 10
He has deepika with him, heaven right on earth.

There you go, Dhoni making up his average for the series against the pajamas

Dhonifan said:
According to our resident expert the hawkeye is not to be trusted. only comms are, and if they shout 'thats close' it means OUT

Also, if an Indian is not given out lbw, it's usually because the umpire has been threatened with death by bcci... :)))

dude , when he appealed it looked plumb.

wanted_desi said:
latest i heard that she dumped him and got new bf, any guess?
Not to my knowledge. they spent some time together during this series while she was shooting for yash raj. she was also seen along with yuvraj's mother, together looking for an apartment in Mumbai. she was the one who hit on yuvraj by asking ritesh deshmukh yo invite him to his party.

asifp said:
dude , when he appealed it looked plumb.

wasnt talking about you. I didnt see the lbw anyway so cant comment. :)

but the sachin ones were nowhere close, and it got a bit irksome to hear 'he got lucky'.

Dhonifan said:
whats that white thing jaya has on his chin...a bandaid?

Sri Lanka had a tough time in tasmania, some got hit with eggs, others got hit with a cricket ball :p

Back