India vs England | 2nd Test | Mumbai

Brilliant bowling by Panesar(and Swann too) so far.

We need to score at least 300 in the 1st inning to give any kind of challenge to England.

You serious? If you declare now on this track you will still win. Bhajji/Ojha will be unplayable here

Horrible pitch its already breaking up man talk about crap pitches, on the other side BD V WI another crap pitch and don't even start me on that batting paradise SA v AUS

You serious? If you declare now on this track you will still win. Bhajji/Ojha will be unplayable here

Still, I feel it will be lot more safer if we can get anywhere near 300 mark. 2nd Inning on this pitch is going to be very tough one for both the teams (especially the team chasing).

Horrible pitch its already breaking up man talk about crap pitches, on the other side BD V WI another crap pitch and don't even start me on that batting paradise SA v AUS

This is not a unplayable pitch so far. It requires skills and patience to score on such pitches.

Pujara has shown that you can stay on this track.

Seriously how good was pakistani bowling attack in UAE specially the spinner where ball hardly turned or spin and for pak to win. We didn't have to doctor the pitches :p

India should declare now and push for the innings victory by lunch tomorow

Things can change if Kp gets going in 1st inns, he usually gets runs when the team flops as a unit.

if you consider panesar a pom.. it is our own son who is owning us

:facepalm:

This whole "nobody who plays for England is English" thing is getting ridiculous now, Monty was born in England and has spent his whole life here, how is he not English? :facepalm:

The match is even stevens at this stage, India have some batting to come , also England would be batting last.

England need to get india out cheaply here and take a lead of at least 100 runs to nutralize batting last here.

:facepalm:

This whole "nobody who plays for England is English" thing is getting ridiculous now, Monty was born in England and has spent his whole life here, how is he not English? :facepalm:

Take it easy mate...he was being sarcastic

:facepalm

on paper yes..but are brown citizens of england called poms yet?? till he is not called a pommie b----- by random aussie, i wont consider him english

Lets judge the pitch after both the teams have batted on it. Credit to English spinners. Chepu going strong, we can expect around 225 with a good tail.

So this is a good pitch right? This game will be lucky to go three days

I like the pitch. I don't see any problem if it is turning so much from day 1. If it was a flattish pitch and India was batting first then we would have got either Indian win or a draw. As long as pitch does not break, I am fine with it. Dhoni should not asking for any pitch but in India I would like to see turners on certain grounds if not all grounds. Basically some grounds should always have turners and not be tailor made after Steyn runs through Indian batting line up.

Last edited:
We've done well in the circumstances but our batsmen will struggle on this track.

Can Eng get India out before stumps here , Eng would want to wipe out the tail soon here.

Back