India vs England | 2nd Test | Mumbai

My earlier wish for a score of 300 is still possible but needs Pujara and Ashwin to see off the last few overs remaining today without getting themselves out.

So the supposedly best fast bowler in the world, has been clobbered by an Fat, Lazy, Incompetent Indian tailender :facepalm:

So the supposedly best fast bowler in the world, has been clobbered by an Fat, Lazy, Incompetent Indian tailender :facepalm:

Do you have anymore bigoted view to type?

Ashwin has done very good job for us in terms of his batting not just in India but even in Australia.

Do you have anymore bigoted view to type?

Ashwin has done very good job for us in terms of his batting not just in India but even in Australia.

Mere Bhai, you have to have an English brain implanted to understand what I meant:afridi

Just switched on. Pujara lad is on a roll... :kohli fail again? C'mon yaar!

Sarcasm fail? :facepalm:

Do you really think his post was made in jest?

I don't see a smiley next to his comment hence mentioned it

edit: Style Guru - If you found that post of mine offensive then I tender my apologies

Last edited:
Do you really think his post was made in jest?

I don't see a smiley next to his comment hence mentioned it

edit: Style Guru - If you found that post of mine offensive then I tender my apologies

All is well my friend :butt

@Topic:- Why is Panesar bowling with a new ball? Has cook lost it completely? He has to stop being so 'Indian' :yk

Still need to score 100 odd runs to be in a dominant position! Great to see bounce off the pitch... Will be fun cometh the forth innings :yk

The best behaviour of this pitch is already behind us. The red soil pitches tend not to slow down much like the one in A'bad but they crumble and have viscious bounce on offer for the spinners.

england need another wicket here before close of play.

Good recovery in the end for us. Still a long way to go for getting into a dominant position in this test though. Pitch is only going to get tougher in the upcoming days for batting.

Superb Pujara saves us once again (ably assisted by MSD initially and then by Ashwin)

TBH England are already dead and buried on this pitch. No matter what India adds to the score now, England will find a way to fall short.

However, a 350+ score would ensure that India might not even need to bat twice in this match.

TBH England are already dead and buried on this pitch. No matter what India adds to the score now, England will find a way to fall short.

However, a 350+ score would ensure that India might not even need to bat twice in this match.

I think too many people are writing off England too soon. They do play spin not so well but lets wait till they bat here. Also , KP might play one of the gems here. He is the only batsmen in England who can change the game in this kind of pitch in 2 sessions.

I think too many people are writing off England too soon. They do play spin not so well but lets wait till they bat here. Also , KP might play one of the gems here. He is the only batsmen in England who can change the game in this kind of pitch in 2 sessions.
That's highly unlikely, he'll need two gems plus its not like we're gonna roll over in the second innings not to mention 3 class spinners for what is virtually a two man(Cook/Prior) batting lineup !

I am sorry but cannot be more optimistic for England. The pitch is turning square, with bounce and pace. On such a pitch, it's difficult to stay on the wicket, even for the best of batsmen.

The difference between this strip and the last one is that the former was turning, but the ball traveled at a slower speed, whereas here it's turning without the pace of the delivery getting affected.

Tough times ahead for England, but who can deny that miracles do happen.

Last edited:
I am sorry but cannot be more optimistic for England. The pitch is turning square, with bounce and pace. On such a pitch, it's difficult to stay on the wicket, even for the best of batsmen.

Errm...Ashwin says hello at 60*

More fine batting by The New Wall TM today, and I'm glad that Monty has once again made Flower look stupid for not picking him.

I love to see Monty and Swanny bowling in tandem. They are the two best England spinners since Laker and Lock in my view. I would play them both all the time, irrespective of conditions.

Not about English batsmen. Indian top oder fell away. Ashwin making it look easy.

Why is Ashwin finding it so easy. Is pitch as bad as it seems?

English batsmen do have capacity to grind it out. Don't count your chickens is all I am saying.

Why did GG, Sehwag, Kohli, Yuvraj, MSD fail on this pitch? Were they poor batsmen then Ashwin?
Why did Panesar take more wickets then Swann? Is Swann a poor bowler then Panesar?
Why did Prior make more runs then number of KP's tweets in a month? Is KP inferior to Prior?

And all the batsmen in the world have the capacity to grind it out, or else they wouldn't have been playing for their countries. The point being that it's more likely that on a pitch which is turning sharply, England batsmen would fail.

I am not making a prediction as you are making it out to be, but just stating what seems more likely to happen. So hard to comprehend?

Last edited:
More fine batting by The New Wall TM today, and I'm glad that Monty has once again made Flower look stupid for not picking him.

I love to see Monty and Swanny bowling in tandem. They are the two best England spinners since Laker and Lock in my view. I would play them both all the time, irrespective of conditions.

True! But Giles was good too, but not in the league of these two!

Not about English batsmen. Indian top oder fell away. Ashwin making it look easy.

Why is Ashwin finding it so easy. Is pitch as bad as it seems?

English batsmen do have capacity to grind it out. Don't count your chickens is all I am saying.

It's obvious you haven't watched the match and commenting looking at the cricinfo scorecard.

It's obvious you haven't watched the match and commenting looking at the cricinfo scorecard.

I guess there's a bug issue with PP today. The quoted post was posted by Zahid87, but when someone quotes him, it appears as if I've posted that originally. Just like the quoted part here is originally posted by Kwremb, but is shown as being originally posted by Zahid87.

friends, looking at the surface & India's score , when do you think the match will end ? imo, 1st session of day 5 & it will be a close contest with host's finally winning it .

It'll be over by day 3.

India will get about 350-400ish here.

England will fold for 200 odd in the first and less than 100 in their second, chasing about 300

It'll be over by day 3.

India will get about 350-400ish here.

England will fold for 200 odd in the first and less than 100 in their second, chasing about 300

buddy, fact that 7th wicket stand is worth almost 100 shows surface aint a minefield . Though i hope you are right :)

Opportunity missed by England, they had India on the mat at 169/6 but have allowed things to slip away here, anything over 300 looks to be a very good score on this track.

Pujara was always going to make his mark, all he wanted was an opportunity and now after getting a proper chance he is showing the world why he was considered such a prospect at domestic level.

Ridiculous appeal earlier in the over, and then a good ball after. Well done Monty.

Don't appeal stupidly though.

A spinner picking up a fiver doesn't make me happy.

Maybe if we open with Cook and Prior, we might have a chance.

Why isn't Onions getting any chance?

Due to security reasons..........since onion prices are shooting thru the roof, he is a valuable comodity, hence must be protect against any trying to steal him for financial gains :ibutt

Why isn't Onions getting any chance?

He has the stigma of being specifically Anderson's understudy. Tight bowling, and great at swing when it's there. There's the idea that he doesn't bring what Broad brings with his height, Finn with his pace and height and Bresnan with his reverse.

In reality Onions is very good, and I'd rate him up there.

Unfortunately Broad is also VC, and barring injury wont be dropped. And his batting is far too valued that it overlooks his recent uselessness in the bowling department.

Regulation catch put down. England are not helping themselves much with their fielding.

Remember when England was a good fielding side?

I sure don't. When was it?

Back