India vs England | 2nd Test | Mumbai

Nasser's expert analysis of Cook versus Zaheer already shows how much better Cook is than Strauss.

See that's some proper commentary, not just Shastri going 'in the air' or Raja remarking on the 'lovely shot' :raja

Bumble reaffirming his view that he wouldn't have played Trott, would have pushed Pietersen up to 3. Hmm but then what happens to the rest of the batting order? Trott has averaged 32 for the last 15 tests is his argument.

Hmm dunno.

Trott is too good to be left out. He has been off color recently, but still cannot just push him out of the team as the replacements aren't special either.

I don't think they should change the batting order..It"ll put unnecessary pressure on KP and will certainly harm trott's confidence..

LOL at Indian commies pondering if Swann 'maybe' gets more revs on the ball than Ashwin. Fools.

Zaheer is a bit of a joke tbqh. In the first Test, he celebrated the dismissal of debutant Compton after 40 overs like he had just uprooted Lara's middle stump first ball.

Cook hits a six? What? What?

Honestly? I think he was just sat on the toilet in the week and thought that if he doesn't lead this lineup with both accumulation and intent then it will get bowled out for 80 every time. I'm inclined to agree with him so he'd better not get out.

I thought Sidhu said that the Indian spinners would bowl the Poms out for 10 or something?

Not really a chance, but Compton looks dodge against Ashwin.

Very good start from England openers. Pitch seems to have eased out a bit (even yesterday post lunch and tea sessions produced more runs than the first one)

Cook continuing his scintillating form means we are gonna be in for long hours in the field chasing leather.

#Ominous Signs

Get the sikh scorpion in , he'll have the hunger to get a wicket or two.

Looks like Swann and Monty beat Ojha and Ashwin by a margin. Cook has found his zone. If KP does well in this test , I think Indians will be struggling to maitain their lead going into third test.

Get the sikh scorpion in , he'll have the hunger to get a wicket or two.

Nah. Apart from 1 or 2 tests Harby has never really done anything against us, bowling average is touching 50. Ojha is your best bowler IMO.

Lol Compton you idiot! When you step out and smack a bowler, it is the bowler who is supposed to be unnerved and not you! This guy is worse than Cowan

I heard the pitch had turn since the start of the game...:msd

!6 overs have been bowled by spinners by now....

Nah. Apart from 1 or 2 tests Harby has never really done anything against us, bowling average is touching 50. Ojha is your best bowler IMO.

Just get a feeling this will be the pitch for him.

Looks like Swann and Monty beat Ojha and Ashwin by a margin. Cook has found his zone. If KP does well in this test , I think Indians will be struggling to maitain their lead going into third test.

Wrist slitting at it's best.

Just wait for cook to fall, and you'll see a completely different game, courtesy your beaten spinners.

I reckon Mr. Singh will be very dangerous on this wicket. He needs bounce in the wicket and bounce he will have today :afridi

Great start for England.

We need to be patient. One wicket can lead to a couple more quick ones. England have their work cut out with 3 spinners.

He's doing okay. Remember in the UAE and Sri Lanka we had usually lost 3 or 4 wickets by now.
For every text, a context :ajmal
I wouldn't have been bothered if it was Young Joey playing as Compton has been playing in this series. But at 30 years and with a decade of County cricket behind him, I was expecting someone more solid with his technique. He is leaving Cookie with a lot to do.

ok, tell me your predictions for all 4 innings scores :)
mine - 320 , 268, 167 & 187 .

my 1st prediction was kinda close but the 2nd looks way off the mark atm as England are 55/0 . I do not see any minefield here btw .

Solid batting by Cook once again. Compton slowly but surely seems to be getting rid of his earlier nervousness and tentativeness.

We are desperately in need of a breakthrough, though.

I wouldn't have been bothered if it was Young Joey playing as Compton has been playing in this series. But at 30 years and with a decade of County cricket behind him, I was expecting someone more solid with his technique. He is leaving Cookie with a lot to do.

Yeah jury is still well out bud. I dunno though, I think there's sometimes a place for a scratchy legside player who is nonetheless quite solid and difficult to get out. #collingwood

Compton is wetting his pants every other ball, but hanging in. As long as he plays a decent enough foil for Cook, I don't mind how much he soils himself though.

Cook trying to creatively take Pujara out of the game :akhtar

India need to be patient here, one wicket will lead to another couple, also lot of overs left in the game , Eng have to bat last.

I do not see any minefield here btw .

I was unsure after the first day. Perhaps Swann and Monty just bowled really well.

Then again it does look like a pitch where 2-3 wickets can fall at once.

Eng would need an epic batting here to win this game. Probably need to get a lead of 150 runs at least.

you think this will be a draw as just 34 overs left for the day .

Nope. I don't see draw happening here but I do see England posting big 1st Inning total and pressurizing our out of form top order batters (*barring Pujara).

Cook is a fine fine batsman. I wish to see more such players in world cricket.

I was unsure after the first day. Perhaps Swann and Monty just bowled really well.

Then again it does look like a pitch where 2-3 wickets can fall at once.

buddy,you think a draw is likely here ?

This is not a pitch for draw, in the evening there will be some reverse swing , there will be purchase for bowlers all through out. If this pitch does not break up into a mine field I would say it is an excellent pitch for Test Cricket.

Come on lads. Old fashioned crease occupation. Plenty of time. Stay in and the runs will come.

Come on lads. Old fashioned crease occupation. Plenty of time. Stay in and the runs will come.

I'm really enjoying it. This is the kind of gritty batting that nobody was prepared to do in the Spring.

Boring England....Tooo slow..not going anywhere

Plz learn frpm Oz how to bat in test matches

20 Minutes to tea time and our bowlers yet to get a wicket.

Need to break this opening partnership before the tea interval.

Time for Trottie to ensure that he is not the one who is booted out when Bell returns

Back