IPL | Chennai Superkings vs Mumbai Indians | Chennai | 23/04/08

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Play is due to start in about 30 minutes at Chennai.

Chennai Super Kings squad

MS Dhoni, VV Kadbe, P Amarnath, M Gony, S Anirudha, R Ashwin, S Badrinath, L Balaji, N Einstein, SP Fleming, ML Hayden, MEK Hussey, SB Jakati, Joginder Sharma, AB Karthik, SS Kumar, JA Morkel, A Mukund, M Muralitharan, M Ntini, JDP Oram, PA Patel, SK Raina, S Vidyut

Mumbai Indians squad

SR Tendulkar, LL Bosman, DJ Bravo, AA Chavan, SD Chitnis, G Dhiman, CRD Fernando, Harbhajan Singh, ST Jayasuriya, MA Khote, DS Kulkarni, AM Nayar, A Nehra, M Pandey, RV Pawar, SM Pollock, AG Prince, AM Rahane, RR Raje, L Ronchi, P Shah, Swapnil Singh, YV Takawale, DJ Thornely, SS Tiwary, RV Uthappa, VS Yeligati

Chennai Super Kings v Mumbai Indians, IPL, Chennai

The first IPL match in Chennai assumes huge proportions for the visiting Mumbai Indians, the most expensive franchise - they are yet to notch up a win, are again likely to be without their captain and icon Sachin Tendulkar and face a home side that has recorded the tournament's highest score so far. As if that wasn't pressure enough, Mumbai's captain for the day, Harbhajan Singh, will face off against old foe Matthew Hayden, who called him a "little obnoxious weed" two months ago. Chennai's pressures are minor in comparison but they will want to replicate their performance against Kings XI Punjab in front of arguably the most knowledgeable fans in India - and their icon, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, will be looking to get some runs under his belt.

Mumbai: (probable) 1 Sanath Jayasuriya, 2 Luke Ronchi (wk), 3 Robin Uthappa, 4 Dwayne Bravo, 5 Saurabh Tiwary, 6 Abhishek Nayar, 7 Shaun Pollock, 8 Harbhajan Singh (capt), 9 Musavir Khote, 10 Ashish Nehra, 11 Dhaval Kulkarni

Chennai: (probable) 1Matthew Hayden, 2 Parthiv Patel, 3 Michael Hussey, 4 Mahendra Singh Dhoni (capt), 5 Suresh Raina, 6 Jacob Oram, 7 S Badrinath, 8 Joginder Sharma, 9 P Amarnath, 10 Manpreet Gony, 11 Muttiah Muralitharan

Stats and trivia

Ronchi hammered the fastest hundred in Australian domestic one-day history last year, one of the reasons he landed a three-year contract with Mumbai.
Chennai's top order is powered by the two run-machines - Hayden and Hussey - both of whom average over 45 in Twenty20s, finding a place in the top ten averages for batsmen who have played at least ten innings.

-Cricinfo ^

Hopefully it will prove to be a better match then yesterday's one sided game. Too bad there are not any Pakistanis in action tonight.

i guess it will be a one sided affair since sach not playing :(

but hope mumbai gives a fight though

Mumbai Indians have won the toss and decided to bowl first

Harbhajan reckons the dew will be a big factor later in the evening. Says Sachin will be fit for the next game.

it is so funny watching Hayden and Parthiv walking side by side to the crease :)

dinakar said:
it is so funny watching Hayden and Parthiv walking side by side to the crease :)

Old enough to be his dad

Hayden with a four and six off Pollock
yellow shirts 26-0 after 2.3 overs

oh no husseys out Chennai have lost there main man

Bravo on to bowl. He got someone else's shirt on I guess as the name on the shirt is covered with whiteout

i want chennai to win and hayden to get above 50 so my fantasy team gets points lol

TruSachFan said:
same here but i need a 90 from him :D

70+ would do me fine. desperate need of points.

hayden dosnt look too convincing though but hopes he gets a minimum 50 :)

Can someone tell me if any of these guys are in my Fantasy team?

Thanks

certainly staking a claim for a spot in the ODI team... a middle-order with Raina,Rohit,Dhoni,Uthappam certainly seems good with Badrinath coming one-down...Tendu/Sehwag to open ofcourse..

Looks like 200 is on the cards for Chennai. Wish Haydos would get out and let Dhoni bat

pakistanbest said:
70+ would do me fine. desperate need of points.

hayden dosnt look too convincing though but hopes he gets a minimum 50 :)
Because Raina is not letting him face the balls
Hayden on 48

Hayden shoud be out now. Ball from #25 got an edge and ball gets stuck to keepers pad and collected but not given
49* now

That edge was so THICK Harper must have been on sleeping pills to not see it!!

no Pakistani Cheetay playing but pehlwan Hayden is playing

Last edited:
haydos is my honorary pakistani player for today..as my fantasy team needs his points!! cmon..100 please?

some big fireworks are expected from hayden, dhoni and oram. this could be 200+ or 170 all out

Last edited:
Blitzkrieg said:
Well PCB has got to stop banning there players!!
true, but where's Umar Gul, Misbah, Yasir Hameed and Yasir Arafat, to name a few...

excellent..(said in a mr burns voice)...
now hayden give in to your anger and your journey to giving me more fantasy points will be complete!!..muwhahaha!!..

Dhonifan said:
true, but where's Umar Gul, Misbah, Yasir Hameed and Yasir Arafat, to name a few...

hameed and arafat have not been picked for any team.

gul and misbah should be playing soon i imagine.

Dhonifan said:

yes there are and they deserve to be there...but players like razzaq,akhtar,nazir are barred and the players who are part of the current pakistani team who actually play well..are there....there would have been more if PCB havnt banned them...

the Great Khan said:
excellent..(said in a mr burns voice)...
now hayden give in to your anger and your journey to giving me more fantasy points will be complete!!..muwhahaha!!..

how many points u got at the moment?

im 10th in the pakpassion league so inshallah after this match I should move up!!..

the Great Khan said:
im 10th in the pakpassion league so inshallah after this match I should move up!!..

oh :(

u r way ahead of me. never mind inshallah i will catch u up ;-)

haydens been bitten by the beast bug...the violence levels are increasing to beast proportions!!

another ***** burning four from the temporary beast Hayden!!...murderous..lol

I predict Haydunce will choke short of a century

LOL noball 4 from Haydunce, gift from Nehra plus the free hit!

yipeee my fantasy team is rocking. first yuvi then rohit now hayden:)

Harbhajan "I will dance when I want to" Singh is saving his overs for something

Back