IPL| KKR v's Delhi DD | 22/05/08

SameerM

T20I Debutant
Runs
fulllll squads as below:

Delhi Daredevils squad
V Sehwag, R Bhatia, AB de Villiers, S Dhawan, TM Dilshan, G Gambhir, B Geeves, KD Karthik, GD McGrath, MF Maharoof, VY Mahesh, M Manhas, A Mishra, Mohammad Asif, Y Nagar, P Sangwan, Shoaib Malik, M Tehlan, MK Tiwary, DL Vettori, T Yadav

Kolkata Knight Riders squad SC Ganguly, S Kaul, AB Agarkar, A Chopra, DB Das, AB Dinda, CH Gayle, BJ Hodge, DJ Hussey, Iqbal Abdulla, M Kartik, BB McCullum, BAW Mendis, Mohammad Hafeez, RT Ponting, WP Saha, Salman Butt, I Sharma, Shoaib Akhtar, LR Shukla, T Taibu, Umar Gul

LATEST : Match delayed by rain

8:00PM local time; It is still raining in Delhi and am afraid that a full match would a little difficult as of now but let me inform you people that the match can be called off only at ten past eleven (11:30 PM). So, five overs a side is three hours away

------------------------------

Set the Scene

Delhi Daredevils have their route to semi finals pretty simple as they need to win both their remaining matches. Kolkata Knight Riders, on the other hand have their job cut out as they have to win both their matches and depend on the vagaries of the numbers to eke their way into the semis. As a wise man once said "All you need to do is to keep winning and the NRR would take care of itself". The Knight Riders would be nodding their heads in affirmation

The last time both these teams met, a returning Shoaib Akhtar blew away the Daredevils top order to notch up a facile win but this time around things seem to be a touch different as Shoaib is expected to sit out the match because of an injury and the openers of Delhi- Sehwag and Gambhir- would be raring to have a go

Glenn "Pidge" Mcgrath reckons that the losses of Mumbai and Chennai yesterday has thrown the door open for them and is pretty excited in anticipation of todays high voltage clash

Last edited:
anyone wanna stand under my umber-ella, ella eh eh eh ella ella?

Has Katrina Kaif stopped attending Delhi matches? i'd share her umberella anyday

.. IFFF she asked me t, that is :p

Well as I have been waiting foir the match to start, my eyes wander off towards a rerun of the Champions league final and it was played out in the rain and my mind wanders off as to if it can be possible in Cricket but the answer is a resounding "No".

KKR out just cuz it rained? Thats stupid. Why cant they just play the game later again, it only lasts an hour or so anyway.

WasimG said:
KKR out just cuz it rained? Thats stupid. Why cant they just play the game later again, it only lasts an hour or so anyway.

True. Like tomorrow there’s only 1 game (like usual) and that’s in the night. Why not just move the game tomorrow and make it a day game!

WasimG said:

Well, that's Indian scheduling for you! :D

hmmm ..... so no bowl out or race to the pitch or a toss to see who wins

12thMan said:
hmmm ..... so no bowl out or race to the pitch or a toss to see who wins

The IPL is as enough a pyjama carnival already without making it worse 12thMan!:D

u right - she was a rcb supporter :(

Bangalore? i dont think ANYONE wants to be associated with them !!

Last edited:
09:00PM local time It is still raining and there are puddles of water forming on the outfield. We still have two hours more to call it off

good news
rain has stopped
peopel are wandering around without umbrellas
crowd is cheering so it means somethign will happen soon

delhi/mumbai - so confusing!
delhi is black and red, silly me! next season i will be upto date with teams and their colours

Dhonifan said:
good news
rain has stopped
peopel are wandering around without umbrellas
crowd is cheering so it means somethign will happen soon

Dont say that!! You'll jinx it!!! :15: :D

it is not easy to type withut proper key board using on screenkeyboard by clickig f mouse so not crrecting mistakes

A guy came into a bar one day and said to the barman “Give me six double vodkas.”

The barman says “Wow! you must have had one hell of a day.”

“Yes, I’ve just found out my older brother is gay.”

The next day the same guy came into the bar and placed the same order for drinks.

When the bartender asked what the problem was today the answer came back, “I’ve just found out that my younger brother is gay too!”

On the third day the guy came into the bar and ordered another six double vodkas.

The bartender said “Darn! Doesn’t anybody in your family like women?”

“Yeah, my wife…”

damn! Was looking forward to the match, and now because of the weather Delhi are gonna be out!

Last edited:
cars112 said:
Well, that's Indian scheduling for you! :D

Maybe, just maybe, if you keep the words India and Indian out of one post of yours, people will tkae you more seriously?

10:00PM local time: Well despite the assurances from all quarters the match has been called due to the bad outfield conditions, making it the first match to be called off. Both the teams get a point each. A dampener this has been literally too as Raymond joins me in wishing you a good night's sleep

TruSachFan said:
lets talk abt pak scheduling??

whens ur next test match?? :))) :))) :)))

Did we have any power over that or not!
It was YOU who scheduled the IPL NOT the ICC or anyone else!

Back