Malala Yousafzai - Mega Discussion Thread

If anyone is interested, this is one BBC 1 tonight at 8.30.

One year ago this week, Malala Yousafzai was shot by the Taliban. Now, in this Panorama Special, for the first time in her own words, we hear the remarkable journey of a teenage girl from Pakistan who has now become a global symbol of the fight for girls' education.

Talking exclusively to Mishal Husain, Malala describes how she stood up to the Taliban when they tried to close her school, and remembers the day she was shot on her school bus. She tells Mishal about her battle for recovery in a Birmingham hospital and about her new life in the UK - juggling school in Birmingham with speeches and meetings on the world's stage.

Mishal goes to Pakistan's Swat Valley to visit Malala's old school, and we hear for the first time from her school friends and family about the real Malala

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03d0tfq

It's become a media circus.

Malala says rosy things. Taliban says kill.

Quite ridiculous tbh. Her dad's becoming a millionaire though. Way to exploit your child.

It is quite easy and safe to ask for peace talk while being in a foreign country, totally protected. Talks are the way forward as talibanism problem couldnt be controlled substanially. Though it is surprising for girl hating them and writing a blog against them have drastically changed her opinion.

It is quite easy and safe to ask for peace talk while being in a foreign country, totally protected. Talks are the way forward as talibanism problem couldnt be controlled substanially. Though it is surprising for girl hating them and writing a blog against them have drastically changed her opinion.

Yeah, because we all now how eaaaasyyyyy it is to ask for peace talks with the guys that blew a whole in your head... We've all been there before, amirite?

how old is she? don't know why people are saying she has let down and so on.

Lol, this has sent many a war-mongers in quandary who were using her case to criticize government/Imran Khan for advocating peace talks!

I reckon she's become too high-profile for that now.

Shahid Afridi is Malala Yousafzai's favourite cricketer

"Shahid Afridi, of course, and I also like Shane Watson," said Malala Yousafzai.

If you really want to get her animated, talk about the one subject that can make almost any Pakistani turn into a bit of a teenager: cricket. She follows it closely on TV (which isn't unusual for girls in Pakistan), and also plays (which is). When she sees that I am interested in talking to her about the game everything in her poised manner changes. Within seconds she's calling out "Howzat!" and "Siiiiiix!" and showing me the deficiencies of her bowling action (she's a wrist spinner, though she prefers to bat). When I mention the Birmingham women's cricket club she says: "Yeah, I would like to join them."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/07/malala-yousafzai-hard-to-kill-taliban

While some critics were claiming that Afridi organizes a meeting with the fans who still didnt turn up.

This Guy is a Legend.

Not a fan of Malala, but I appreciate that her favourite cricketer is my favourite as well - Shahid Afridi.

While some critics were claiming that Afridi organizes a meeting with the fans who still didnt turn up.

This Guy is a Legend.

He indeed did and only 5 to 15 turned up if I am not wrong :)))

His days are already over as now just being a part of playing 11 for him is an achievement ....Live with it! :misbah

Shows her IQ level :p
On a serious note,if she really follows cricket seriously she should know that Afridi can't bat,those one-off innings are flukes. But I guess he still remains a good guy to attract fans to the game.
Anyways,it is her choice.
And mind you,most girls like Afridi because of his looks ;-)

Last edited:
oh come on, don't be so harsh on Afridi. All said and done, its hard to dislike Afridi. He is an entertaining guy both on and off the field.

LOL at people taking shots at her just because her favorite cricketer is Afridi.

Learn to digest the opinion of others. If it is so hard for you, at least try to.

Malala and the so called TTP are both tools of the CIA. Both are in need of each other, the more statements Malala make the more threats TTP make, and who suffers and benefits from them....i guess eveyone knows.

BTW, it suprises me how these TTP who live in StoneAge with cavemen mentality get world information so quickly.

Malala and the so called TTP are both tools of the CIA. Both are in need of each other, the more statements Malala make the more threats TTP make, and who suffers and benefits from them....i guess eveyone knows.

BTW, it suprises me how these TTP who live in StoneAge with cavemen mentality get world information so quickly.
Can you answer the following.
If TTP is a CIA tool,how come they are conducting drone attacks against them?
Why does TTP attack Nato containers?
Why have the TTP carried out attacks against American forces?
Why was Baitullah killed?
Do you realise a stable Pakistan in the interest on the Americans?
Who shot Malala?
Why have the TTP kidnapped numerous Americans?
What about failed Times Square bombing?

For Pakistanis,everything is a conspiracy.Every other country is out to get them.

That wee girl will become a great woman in time. She has extraordinary poise and dignity already. She'll become an international spokesperson for the liberation of women from tyranny. Or Secretary-General of the UN.

Malala and the so called TTP are both tools of the CIA. .

I grew up in tthe Gulf and live in Dubai; for some reason Gulf Desis are far more into conspiracies and the "blame CIA" mode than Desis in the West or even back in Pakistan; is there a particular reason for that?

Last edited:
^It gives them comfort.They can say,these are not our people who do this barbaric activities,they are Indian/American agents.They never ever accept their own mistakes but blame the west for all of their miseries.This attitude will take us nowhere.

Can you answer the following.
If TTP is a CIA tool,how come they are conducting drone attacks against them?
Why does TTP attack Nato containers?
Why have the TTP carried out attacks against American forces?
Why was Baitullah killed?
Do you realise a stable Pakistan in the interest on the Americans?
Who shot Malala?
Why have the TTP kidnapped numerous Americans?
What about failed Times Square bombing?

For Pakistanis,everything is a conspiracy.Every other country is out to get them.

Well, first of all I'm not a supporter or the TTP. Everyone knows it was our own Pakistan and CIA who created these idiots... for there own gains.

They formed a goverment in Afghanistan in 1996, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia & U.A.E recognized there rule. We did'nt had any problems with them before 2005 or so. Ofcourse, I believe they dont know even a bit about Islam.

Now there are a more than a dozen groups who call themselves the Taliban, who knows our enemies might be using their own brands of TTP to spread choas.

Now as the west say Taliban plan to take over Pakistan and implement their own version of shariah, well this can be the biggest joke of the century.

Anyway, tell me how come these Stone-age & cavemen mentality people get all these training and arms plus such a good intellegence network.

Well, first of all I'm not a supporter or the TTP. Everyone knows it was our own Pakistan and CIA who created these idiots... for there own gains.

They formed a goverment in Afghanistan in 1996, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia & U.A.E recognized there rule. We did'nt had any problems with them before 2005 or so. Ofcourse, I believe they dont know even a bit about Islam.

Now there are a more than a dozen groups who call themselves the Taliban, who knows our enemies might be using their own brands of TTP to spread choas.

Now as the west say Taliban plan to take over Pakistan and implement their own version of shariah, well this can be the biggest joke of the century.

Anyway, tell me how come these Stone-age & cavemen mentality people get all these training and arms plus such a good intellegence network.

Ttp must be complete morons then, when most of their fighters have fought in Afghanistan against USA before withdrawing to pakistan after defeat of Taliban in 2001, and majority of ttp top hierarchy have all been eliminated by drone attacks along with the foreigners they host like the central Asians.

I did not say you were a Taliban supporter but asked you to explain your viewpoint of Americans supporting the TTP which you have not answered.

The weapons can be easily bought from Dara and Afghanistan using money these animals earn through bank robberies and extortion.Our intelligence network is overstated and overrated.Also,many of these animals were not trained by us,those were Afghan Taliban.

Yes, TTP are morons and thats why intellegence agencies use them for there own benefits.

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled - Mark Twain

Anyways, only Almighthy Allah knows the truth. As a Pakistani I can only pray for my country.

I did not say you were a Taliban supporter but asked you to explain your viewpoint of Americans supporting the TTP which you have not answered.

The weapons can be easily bought from Dara and Afghanistan using money these animals earn through bank robberies and extortion.Our intelligence network is overstated and overrated.Also,many of these animals were not trained by us,those were Afghan Taliban.

Look brother, CIA have a history of creating chaos & propaganda in other countries. They use the country's own people for there gains, people who are weak, uneducated, who are suffering from their goverments. Unfortunately due to our corrupt leaders it's easy for foreign agencies to create chaos.

If u have any Iranian friends ask them how CIA used Iranians to create chaos to overthrow Mohammad Mosaddegh. I recommend u read "All the Shah's Men: An American Coup and the Roots of Middle East Terror". In the book there are some similarities to what happened in Iran is happening in Pakistan. If ur interested u can can get a torrent for this book as well.

Oh what a surprise!?! I probably could have guessed that.:yk

I bet the i could ask 1000 pakistani people the same question and 900 of them would probably say afridi

Look brother, CIA have a history of creating chaos & propaganda in other countries. They use the country's own people for there gains, people who are weak, uneducated, who are suffering from their goverments. Unfortunately due to our corrupt leaders it's easy for foreign agencies to create chaos.

If u have any Iranian friends ask them how CIA used Iranians to create chaos to overthrow Mohammad Mosaddegh. I recommend u read "All the Shah's Men: An American Coup and the Roots of Middle East Terror". In the book there are some similarities to what happened in Iran is happening in Pakistan. If ur interested u can can get a torrent for this book as well.

Do you think the Americans want to overthrow the government and let the TTP to takeover?What about the nuclear weapons?Also,why do the US conducts drone attacks If they two are friends?

I've mentioned the book to show how the CIA interferes in other countries affairs. I'm not saying like Iran they want to overthow the goverment. There might be a dozen theories as to what they want to acheive here, but with studying historical and current events one can conclude that they are up to something. BTW do u remember Raymond Davis what was he doing here. They attacked Iraq for WMD, was there any? They r after Iran, why? Want to attack Syria, why? Do u think no matter how extreme or barbaric TTP are, will they blow up mosques?

Shows her IQ level :p
On a serious note,if she really follows cricket seriously she should know that Afridi can't bat,those one-off innings are flukes. But I guess he still remains a good guy to attract fans to the game.
Anyways,it is her choice.
And mind you,most girls like Afridi because of his looks ;-)

Yeah, definitely shows her IQ level. She is the one giving speeches in Harvard, UN and all and you are the one sitting in front of your computer just sitting spilling your hatred. :)

I've mentioned the book to show how the CIA interferes in other countries affairs. I'm not saying like Iran they want to overthow the goverment. There might be a dozen theories as to what they want to acheive here, but with studying historical and current events one can conclude that they are up to something. BTW do u remember Raymond Davis what was he doing here. They attacked Iraq for WMD, was there any? They r after Iran, why? Want to attack Syria, why? Do u think no matter how extreme or barbaric TTP are, will they blow up mosques?

There is a video on Youtube where Hamikullah justifies attacks on mosque by relating it to be the attack on Majid-e-Zaraar during Prophet Muhammad PBUH.

I guess these guys are the good version of Taliban according to few ppers.

^It gives them comfort.They can say,these are not our people who do this barbaric activities,they are Indian/American agents.They never ever accept their own mistakes but blame the west for all of their miseries.This attitude will take us nowhere.

Essentially this. People are lazy. If they admit they're at fault than they might have to improve... no one wants that...

Do you have any proof?

:facepalm:

Btw it surprises me how thick you can be. The TTP don't live in the stoneage. They have technology at their disposal. They live simple life styles, but in terms of communication they have it all in place.

Secondly, the TTP isn't stupid - it's barbaric, but it isn't stupid. I'm sure there are plently of members in the TTP who are smarter than you, who have studied Islam more than you, but above all are just as misinformed as you.

I just cannot understand the hatred for Malala.Why is it that anyone who speaks for education,progression,female rights,tolerance etc is hated by Pakistanis ,labelled a foreign agent,is assassinated or has to seek asylum outside the country.We love to idolise terrorists.

I just cannot understand the hatred for Malala.Why is it that anyone who speaks for education,progression,female rights,tolerance etc is hated by Pakistanis ,labelled a foreign agent,is assassinated or has to seek asylum outside the country.We love to idolise terrorists.

You answered your own question at the end

Pakistanis hold rallies for Aafia who herself is a shadowy woman while spewing hatred towards Malala.Sickening.

Essentially this. People are lazy. If they admit they're at fault than they might have to improve... no one wants that...

Do you have any proof?

:facepalm:

Btw it surprises me how thick you can be. The TTP don't live in the stoneage. They have technology at their disposal. They live simple life styles, but in terms of communication they have it all in place.

Secondly, the TTP isn't stupid - it's barbaric, but it isn't stupid. I'm sure there are plently of members in the TTP who are smarter than you, who have studied Islam more than you, but above all are just as misinformed as you.

These Talibans got educated from our own Madrassas. Didn't know there were some extra subjects taught?BTW this post was regarding Malalah which is turning into the origins of Taliban.

^ no no no, you're being too logical. It's not what a person does that makes him great, it's whether or not America hates that person or not:

for example:
Americans like Malala: hence Malala sucks
Americans hate Aafia: hence Aafia is awesome

This is how the average Pakistani's brain works.

The greatness of a man here is judged by what the West thinks of that person...

^True.
Sick of all these illogical thinking by some Pakistanis,everything is a conspiracy for them.Come on,use your brain cells for a change.

Last edited:

yeah and i work for the Secrete Service to spy and monitor everyone on PP of any suspicious behavior

Quite disappointed that in an interview where this young girl shows wisdom beyond her years the thing people take away from it is her favourite cricket player.

As for not being a fan, the girl isnt a reality TV star begging for fame, she was shot in the head because she campaigned for something that girls take for granted in other parts of the world - equality and education.

How people cant be a 'fan' of this bewilders me. Shes an inspiration to us all. Its not really her fault that she can't live in her homeland.

^True.
Sick of all these illogical thinking by some Pakistanis,everything is a conspiracy for them.Come on,use your brain cells for a change.

Can't agree more

Quite disappointed that in an interview where this young girl shows wisdom beyond her years the thing people take away from it is her favourite cricket player.

As for not being a fan, the girl isnt a reality TV star begging for fame, she was shot in the head because she campaigned for something that girls take for granted in other parts of the world - equality and education.

How people cant be a 'fan' of this bewilders me. Shes an inspiration to us all. Its not really her fault that she can't live in her homeland.

voice of reason!!

He indeed did and only 5 to 15 turned up if I am not wrong :)))

His days are already over as now just being a part of playing 11 for him is an achievement ....Live with it! :misbah

Mate, that was because he tweeted it and no many Karachi-cities have Twitter accounts. You guys are making a mountain of a mole hill. You are saying as if he held a press conference that he would be visiting the NSK and yet nobody turned up. And he was there for mere 5 minutes, so we can't say people didn't come. Maybe, some were late in reaching there. I suggest you to come to Lahore and see his fan following, when he tweets. If you are saying his days are over as a fan attract-er, you are at mistake. He has been doing it for the last 17 years and that itself is no child's play.

Great post. Time Pass houses some pretty disturbed, frustrated and bitter souls.

Malala is the best thing happen to Pakistan after a long time. She is one brave little girl and I wish we could produce few more Malala in the country.

She likes Afridi, this is her personal choice and we should respect her choice.

No reason to drag Afridi as cricketer in this discussion.

Re: Shahid Afridi is Malala Yousafzai's favourite cricketer

Shocked to read some views on here...

A lot of garbage in this thread. I've had to delete about 50 posts from this thread. Let's stick to the topic and not get personal. There are other threads to discuss the history of Malala, etc.

If this can't be done, this thread will be binned, simple as.

^ no no no, you're being too logical. It's not what a person does that makes him great, it's whether or not America hates that person or not:

for example:

I don`t like both . what does that make me ? :akhtar

I don`t like both . what does that make me ? :akhtar

Conflicted maybe?

There aren't any 16 year old girls I've met that I could say I "disliked". I usually don't judge the character of a 16 year old, especially one that takes a bullet to the head and advocates female literacy...

What makes you dislike her?

I've had to remove a few silly posts, if you don't have anything constructive to say please refrain from posting.

for example:

100% true..Top post bro.

Shahid Afridi have much fans only for his cricket ... but they dont deserve as an in daily life.... i like your post looneyreturns

:facepalm: A thread to shake one's remaining faith in humanity...

for example:

Not quite accurate true. The problem is:-

Malala shot by Heroic Pakistani Muslim Fighters - conspiracy, making Pakistan/Muslims look bad, can't be true, must be conspiracy etc

Aafia shoots Americans, helps heroic Muslim/Pakistani warriors - Aafia is daughter of the nation, Pakistanis/Muslims can't do such things, must be conspiracy, etc

Shows what side the populace is on.

Pakistanis hold rallies for Aafia who herself is a shadowy woman while spewing hatred towards Malala.Sickening.

There's a reason that 66 years after independence the country is still a third world hellhole torn by half a dozen mini civil wars.

There's a reason that 66 years after independence the country is still a third world hellhole torn by half a dozen mini civil wars.

In ka kuch nahin ho sakta.They will keep murdering each other,idolising terrorists,blaming the west for all their miseries and calling anyone with progressive and logical mind as an agent of CIA ,RAW ,Mossad,Mcdonalds ,Starbucks,World Bank etc.No wonder we are regressing every day and terror has become our way of life.This ideology will take us nowhere.

good to see that she's recovered. :)

What's she saying?the sound of the video is not playing

Aafia was not the villain the Americans painted her to be.

Malala otth is a bright symbol for Pakistan, yes she may be in the news and her father may be benefitting from her, but she is still a very brave and articulate child

Guys, please stick to the topic and refrain from posting indecent comments!

Majority of the people in the country are confused, they lack their own thought process and logic. They are willing to idolize the dumb-a** idiots, but when you gave them perfect role model, they go after conspiracy theories.

i think she wants to run for PM or something..its a ll a drama, I reckon she faked the whole thing. topi drama!!

I want to be a politician to change Pakistan future: Malala

Pakistani teenage activist Malala Yousafzai Monday said she wants to be a politician in future to ensure compulsory education in her country,an issue for which she was shot in the head by the Taliban.

“I will be a politician in my future. I want to change the future of my country and I want to make education compulsory,” she said.

“I hope that a day will come (when) the people of Pakistan will be free, they will have their rights, there will be peace and every girl and every boy will be going to school,” she told the BBC in an interview.

Malala admitted Britain had been a culture shock. “Especially for my mother because we had never seen that women would be that much free — they would go to any market, they would be going alone with no men, no brothers and fathers,” Malala said.

http://m.indianexpress.com/news/i-want-to-be-a-politician-to-change-pakistan-future-malala/1179632/

Lol. She is becoming the " Me Me Me ".

I wonder whose influencing this teenage girl to make these political statements.

It was good to read about her when she was shot and her story seemed genuine but considering the hype around her these days I am ready to give the benefit of doubt to the conspiracy theorists who claim that she was never shot.

I dont believe that the way things are falling in place for her is just a coincidence.

Back