Shafiq-Kamran Runout: Who Was At Fault?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deewana Mastana

Test Star
Runs
Target for Pakistan : 312

Need to try and make the first 10-15 overs count and try to score like NZ did...But in process try and not lose more than 2 wickets if so!

Come on PAKISTAN!!! :D

Some really good captaincy by Afridi in this match showing of why he's such a "daring" captain with his bowling options and he just gets "spoilt for choice" with so many choices! :))

Afridi and Hafeez better score alot of runs. They need redemption. :))

Pakistan will chase this. NZ are 20 short.

Poor captaincy in the end cost us 20-30 runs

Afridi cost us this game. Should hav ran out styris and idiot thought nz took powerplay 2 overs early. His dumb captaincy gna cost us bigtime in world cup.

i smell this deliberate by afridi to have a total of 300+ , which would be norm in Subcontinent.

but i cant believe afridi thinks.. specially when you dont have brian

Batting PP 72/2 (5.0) RR 14.40

afridi's captaincy ............... !

From this match, afridi has tested Tanvir how he has bowling in death over. Afridi now think that he cann't find place final XI in WC. Tanvir lose his position by himself.

Exicited about this run chase win or lose we needed a test before the world cup where big totals will need to be chased down on flat pancake pitches! aussies just chased almost 340 with relative ease the other day! same mentality please pakistan!

Absence of misbah realy hurt afridi. No one to back up, Now i see it was misbah who master mind last tthree victories/.

Dunno why people are going with poor captaincy. I thought Afridi was trying different options out, i.e. experimenting. He bowled Tanvir to give him a chance at death and show his worth (which he failed). In the last over, he chose Hafeez to bowl just to see how Hafeez would bowl under pressure (as Hafeez isn't the guy usually bowling the last over).

what time is the 2nd innings guys uk? im feeling sleepy but want to catch the first 10 overs before i nod off!

First of all great captaincy from Afridi! :14: I wonder if it was due to Misbah not being on the field.
Tanvir bowled brilliantly. Razzaq was rubbish that's why he only bowled 7 overs.

Oh a special mention goes to the umpiring as well. It was excellent! :14:

But at least this total will test Pakistan. I guess good practice for Pak.

Pakistan should chase this, them noobs were clearing the ropes easily.

20 overs: 120/1

40 overs: 240/3

47 overs: 312/5

Pakistan win

I think Afridi was just experimenting, but I'm not entirely sure.

Well at least we can confirm that Tanvir could possibly get "injured" to make way for someone else. :p

The pitch is a belter, the boundaries are short, but Pakistan's strong line-up will be tested in this chase. :shehzad

theres a good chance we can chase this down.

Younis will be crucial if we do. and if we do it will give our side a huge lif before the WC

First of all great captaincy from Afridi! :14: I wonder if it was due to Misbah not being on the field.
Tanvir bowled brilliantly. Razzaq was rubbish that's why he only bowled 7 overs.

Oh a special mention goes to the umpiring as well. It was excellent! :14:

But at least this total will test Pakistan. I guess good practice for Pak.

That's been as you say "brilliant" from Day 1 of the 1st test until this very day and still anything can be in store in the next half! :kami

if i was afridi , i would experiment the batting positions like bringing in Jr akmal at 3 and give him license to kill.., YK would destroy any momentum Openers give,,and Kami is not in touch either

Last edited:
By the way Afridi did look really angry and frustrated today. I wonder why... :13:

What New Zealand made look like real short boundaries, our team will show how gigantic and far they really are.

We just about chased 268 in the last game in the last over and won by a mere 2 wickets.

Afridi can experiment how much he wants but do we want a team to win a series 4-1 go into the World Cup with that confidence or lose 3-2 and go into the World Cup with a loss on their mind.

Afridi has been silly and very very poor today, first at the toss, then in the field, he's just been retained as captain, he should be taking full advantage and showing everyone why he is the right man to lead the team into the World Cup.

You do not giv the ball to Tanvir when he has been spanked everywhere round the ground, Razzaq brought the game back in the balance with his sublime spell of 7 overs 23 runs and 2 wickets.

Comparison of overs

1st 20 126-1

20-40 81-4

Give Tanvir back the ball when there is no need and what happens

207-5 becomes 311-7 in 10 overs

That is not intelligent captaincy or wanting to give the team a chance to see if they could chase, with that mentality he has shown, he has no belief in his team to chase large totals.

If we lose this your all going to ask for Afridi's head and curse him, criticise him, say Misbah shud hav been in this side, Misbah shud have been named captain etc...

Look at it in reality Afridi jus never took this match seriously dead rubber or not its stil a part of the series and I would take a 4-1 win anyday over 3-2!

Afridi better shift up the batting order if need be, he's shown his willingness to 'experiment' with regards to the bowling changes.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for a moment here and assume he was just trying out all viable options/making sure S. Tanveer is nowhere near the WC starting XI. Theres no way even Afridi could be stupid enough to leave better bowlers in Akhtar/Razzaq/Gul with spare overs.

Should be a fun chase, I want to see Younis, Umar, and Asad chase down most of this total. Will give all 3 a big boost ahead of the WC and Asad could do with a substantial score.

Lets get a good start and not leave everything for the big hitters at the end!

Afridi captaincy was good till 36th, 37th over. That missed run out distracted him and the power play mix up didnt help either.
And the ground is too small. Kiwis would not have tried 70% of todays shots on normal ground. Seriously, how small is ground. nathan was hitting six for fun.

Afridi captaincy was good till 36th, 37th over. That missed run out distracted him and the power play mix up didnt help either.
And the ground is too small. Kiwis would not have tried 70% of todays shots on normal ground. Seriously, how small is ground. nathan was hitting six for fun.

if THAT is going to distract him; thinking about him leading us in the WC is a scary thought..

Eh, I think Afridi will be fine in the long run. Mentally, he's not 100% into it since the series is over. No harm in trying out some different things. Hope he delivers with the bat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back