Pakistan suffer a familiar batting collapse to end Day 2 of the 2nd Test against Australia at 194/6, trail by 124 runs

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are getting stuck and allowing 6 balls at one batsman.

Man …this batting pair is like watching paint dry. Please bring in Saim Ayub. PLEASE!

Surprised they haven't tested Abdullah with short ones. He is pretty average on the pull shot where he just closes his eyes and swings the bat with no control.

With this type of wicket and the bowling unit of Australia you will never be IN on this wicket.

That's why it's imperative you keep the score moving and better to play a dasher type innings

Simply trying to survive won't get you Anywhere.

Ball is not moving that much. Just bat long but score some runs.

Coaching staff maybe running to the bakery pak might win 2 sessions in a row

With this type of wicket and the bowling unit of Australia you will never be IN on this wicket.

That's why it's imperative you keep the score moving and better to play a dasher type innings

Simply trying to survive won't get you Anywhere.
One wicket and floodgates will open. This wicket is tough.

I get that yoy need to be slow and all but this is corpse style batting. Induces sleep
100%. Also, they can bat 50 overs but they still won’t be settled. And they will have batted 50 overs with no runs to show for it.

Rather have them get out but at least score some runs.

100%. Also, they can bat 50 overs but they still won’t be settled. And they will have batted 50 overs with no runs to show for it.

Rather have them get out but at least score some runs.
One of the 2 has to score. Both can't play the same way.

Umpires will be under pressure to give something now. Australia appealing every over now!

Like I suspected, Cummins proving to be the biggest threat. On the money mostly with his line and lengths, hence threatening both inside and outside edge.

Australia batted at 2.3 RR through their first 13 overs. The pitch is the type that is hard to score fast on, especially against the new ball.

Australia batted at 2.3 RR through their first 13 overs. The pitch is the type that is hard to score fast on, especially against the new ball.
It was cloudy and ball was just doing too much then. It's not the same situation. Having said that, no problem if these two bat long. take 60-70 overs. Just need to score as well otherwise no advantage of being set.

Poor and short-sighted batting. No intent against the spinner as well when you know that the seamers are making life so difficult for you. At least rotate the strike by getting down the wicket and knocking it to mid on.

Poor and short-sighted batting. No intent against the spinner as well when you know that the seamers are making life so difficult for you. At least rotate the strike by getting down the wicket and knocking it to mid on.
Lyon is hard to hit man.

pitch is playing nice & easy , Pak should look to score at a decent pace & aim to get a 50+ lead .

Lyon is hard to hit man.
I know, he is a quality spinner but that doesn't mean you play dead bat every ball. On a seaming wicket, you have to take your chances against spinner. By taking chances, it doesn't mean that you hit out blindly.
You have to maneuver him by using your feet or trying to open bat face to find gaps on the off side.

Imam is such an impact less player. I have never seen him dominating any bowlerr
If he can stay there for 200 balls again then it will help Pakistan. Bowlers will be tired.

Looks like it was a much improved bowling performance from Pakistan with some loose batting from Australia. It doesn't look like a spicy pitch at all.

Imam as usual continues to be pretty rubbish. Hard to recall any great knock of his Test career so far. A lot of just very soft runs in Pindi.

Looks like it was a much improved bowling performance from Pakistan with some loose batting from Australia. It doesn't look like a spicy pitch at all.
Looks pretty spicy to me, lots of seam movement on offer initially

Imam as usual continues to be pretty rubbish. Hard to recall any great knock of his Test career so far. A lot of just very soft runs in Pindi.
His only good knock was against Ireland many years ago when we got into trouble early chasing a paltry total

Told you playing like imam would be a disaster after occupying the crease he scored 10 runs

I want fakhar or saim ayub to be given a go after this series.

Imam for me is finished I'm sorry this sort of selfish, self preserving style of play to keep yourself in the team we saw it in odis and now test is not gonna work .

Imam's time should be over by now. Next match, we need somebody else on top.

Expect Starc to replace Cummins. He will give more scoring opportunities than Cummins and Hazlewood. Just need to keep out his out of the blue jaffas somehow.

50/1 is pretty good start. Just double it without losing a wicket.

Run rate picked up without any risky shot.

Imam is such a useless opener. Wouldn’t mind playing Saim any day now .

How long parchi like Imam, Fahim keep getting selected without performances? Even Australia school team has better batsman and bowler than them

Shan is looking to score some runs here. He is no stuck at the crease like Imam was.

Like this new approach of Shaan , hopefully he can score runs with this approach and change Pakistan’s mentality

Hazlewood looks more manageable than Cummins. He is not getting the same zip and movement consistently like Cummins.

Shan extending the good will beyond the Christmas day gifts; picking up the ball and throwing it to the Australian fielder.

TEA at day 2: Pakistan hold off the Aussie attack for the most part, going into tea on 1-68

Exceeded expectations so far, the Pakistani batters. Abdullah somehow has managed to survive! He needs to make up for the dropped catches also, so extra demand/requirement for him.

Pakistan needs to finish strongly in the last session as well; only then the test match would hang in the balance.

Australia still in front.

Shan has added a lot of impetus to this innings. Imam and Abdullah were going nowhere.

Key session coming up. If Pakistan can get through it with only the loss of 1 wicket, it would set them up nicely.

I would say that Pakistan have won both sessions back to back here today. Impressive feat considering their track record.

They will need to continue building on this and try to get around 350 at least to stay in the game.

Say whatever you want about Shan but at least he is trying.

Pakistan will lose anyway in Australia so I’d rather at least get some exciting sessions of cricket instead of snail paced blocking.

Consistent effort is the only way. Go out there and try. Abdullah has played up balls he needs to get the runs now. Shan has a hunger to him.

Huge test now not only Shan & Abdullah but the decorated RizBar also has to make it count

Australia lost 7 wickets for 131runs today, which puts the 3-187 yesterday in better perspective and I will say that Pakistan did won these 2 sessions today for sure.

It was cloudy and ball was just doing too much then. It's not the same situation. Having said that, no problem if these two bat long. take 60-70 overs. Just need to score as well otherwise no advantage of being set.
Agreed. It’s important to keep scoring but 3 RR will get the job done and we can ramp it up later on. In this case, the longer we can bat the more we can tire their pacers for the 4th innings and the more we can rest our pacers for the next innings.

Anyone still think it was a poor decision to bowl first?

It was absolutely the right decision for the pitch and conditions. :inti

This is a golden opportunity for Pakistan to bat 180 overs and crush the spirits of the Aussie attack.

Abdullah and Shan both played risky shots this over… we really need one of them to score 100+

I know that we deserve it due to our performances, but it feels like all of the Australian commentators and analysts feel like they’re so much better than us. I just want us to shut them up all one time.

If Pakistan can bat really long here, it will be great. It's been very good so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back