Pakistan v Australia | 4th ODI | Abu Dhabi | 01/05/09 | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why has younis changed his stance to a upright one?

He used to minimise his movement at the crease when he used to be in the crouched stance.

Pakistan need to continue playing positivly so they can minimize the preassure

IAJ said:
This may prove good for Pakistan, now they will not waste 50-60 deliveries InshAllah, allways stay postive brothers

What makes you think that with Butt gone, the scoring rate will go up? In reality it will have the opposite effect with Pakistan already under pressure losing a wicket in the first over. It's not like we have a strong middle order. At least the kid gave us 50-60 runs by himself which is more than probably more than what the whole of the middle order scored in the last match!

At least Shezad is looking fairly calm at the moment

ARY miss another 1st ball of the over

And they miss the YK wkt

Bloddy hell. younis gone. I don't have the will to watch this anymore.

make or break time for misbah he has to bat all the way until the end.

It's a day for our allrounders to step up to the plate yet again.

Tad unlucky for Younis there, but he almost played on to Bracken in the last over too!

Hmmm...not given!

Massive edge - umpire misses it!

NO technique from Younis. Half way prod to a ball. When will these players learn. I am sorry but Younis doesnt deserve captaincy in one day. Misbah was out as well. haha. This team sucks.

younus out dabbing at the out side off.now what sort of shot was that? lucky misbah to survive this.

Bracken to Misbah-ul-Haq, no run, appeal for caught behind, that was an edge and the umpire didn't hear it, probing him outside off, tried to defend it off the front foot, moved away to take a thin edge straight to the keeper, Aleem Dar shook his head but the Australians were convinced. Misbah is lucky!

Like Fish is always telling us, if the umpire doesnt give it, Ponting isnt obliged to walk...

Honestly, at least Butt puts some value on his wicket. I rather have somebody score 50 off 100 balls (at leat that means we manage to play out some overs) than watch this! Painful...

omg, what is going on out there...

are they really that bad?

Typical Tony Grieg.

All of a sudden, players have to start taking ownership i.e they have to walk!!!

Not heard him say that whn Ponting stays superglued to the crease!

Pathetic stuff.

Pakistan playing brilliant cricket as usual!

Tony Grieg demanding that Pak batsman walk if they nick it.

Its so blatant from these guys!

Stop crying Grieg!

Tony Greig talkin' crap right now. I bet he will talk of this edge through out the match.

why Misbah is in above Malik i don't know .... his place is lower down the order

Here's what Michael Hussey (A U S T R A L I A) said on the subject of walking - after he didnt walk after clearly nicking one behind...

"I can't talk too much about umpiring decisions, but I'll tell you right now - I don't walk. I've been given out a number of times when I haven't been out and had to go, and if I happen to be given not out when I'm out then that's just the way the game goes."

adeem_as said:
Ahmad Shehzad not able to play off drives to overpitched balls.
Seems to favour the on side doesnt he. Needs to work on his off side play.

adeem_as said:
Ahmad Shehzad not able to play off drives to overpitched balls.

So. The kid is playing within himself. In the three innings I've seen him, he is the most compact player of this team. Plays with a straight bat and hits ball which he can hit.

He can develop his off side shots.

Oxy said:
Here's what Michael Hussey (A U S T R A L I A) said on the subject of walking - after he didnt walk after clearly nicking one behind...

"I can't talk too much about umpiring decisions, but I'll tell you right now - I don't walk. I've been given out a number of times when I haven't been out and had to go, and if I happen to be given not out when I'm out then that's just the way the game goes."

You are so prejudiced - really why is it that Pakistanis always blame Aussies for their own evils?

Ahmed Shehzad looks like a good player. Not rattled by the wickets fallen so far.

Well - Pakistan starting from where they left off on Monday !

Goodness Gracious Me.

what I dont like abt shezad is his walking down the wicket this is not the time to do it.

Feel sorry for these non-VIPs struggling through sand-storms to get into the ground

Misbah going to play out ball after ball as if its a net session ...

saeed-sohail said:
what I dont like abt shezad is his walking down the wicket this is not the time to do it.

True that but the thing is he is playing with a straight bat. If he was playing across the line then I'd say there is no need.

Boycott saying what he thinks as usual and I agree.

Pakistan are missing Yousuf.

Lethal said:
Boycott saying what he thinks as usual and I agree.

Pakistan are missing Yousuf. End of.

you and boycott and loads of others have got it spot on, yaar.

Well 240+ is the target - and Pakistan will get that or go bust.

Gone are the days when we used to score 250+ for breakfast.

Just do not have the batting strength

Oxy said:
Feel sorry for these non-VIPs struggling through sand-storms to get into the ground

PCB should provide transport for these guys.

The key here is singles and that is why they should have sent in Malik rather than Misbah.

after settling down, Misbah must bat like a old man today and let the shezad play his shots

YK played 2 ditto shots and perished on the second one.

Was that deliberate or was the bowling that good by Bracken - really shocking and to think people will still find some way to blame Malik !

Its not even express bowling - what will happen when Lee comes back?

Boycott showing a replay of Younus Khan's dismissal. There was a big gap between bat and pad. Boycott saying he can drive his car through the gap.

Ahmad Shehzad trying to hit out off side ball to midwicket. He is a pure leg side player

MIG said:
Well 240+ is the target - and Pakistan will get that or go bust.

Gone are the days when we used to score 250+ for breakfast.

Just do not have the batting strength

Minus 100 off that and thats the totals pakistan will achieve currently!

This team is so depressing. I thought the days of Inzamam were a low for Pakistan cricket....but those were golden days compared to this bs!

Misbah playing is usual mode he knows! Block and no strike rotation!

MIG said:
YK played 2 ditto shots and perished on the second one.

Was that deliberate or was the bowling that good by Bracken - really shocking and to think people will still find some way to blame Malik !

Isn't that systematically what is wrong with our people? Blaming the wrong people! Calling for the heads of Malik and Butt who at least manage to score something and bat out the overs...

2 to Misbah with a clip off his pads.

Big queue. People waiting to get in the stadium.

Lethal said:
2 to Misbah with a clip off his pads.

Big queue. People waiting to get in the stadium.

You sure? I think they were all leaving :D

Aussie Bowlers in complete control.

WE are supposed to have the advantage with Aussies bowling in the sun....

Oxy said:
You sure? I think they were all leaving :D

I wouldn't blame them. Watching this Pakistan team is just wasting your whole day. 8 hours of your life wasted.

Ok I take it back - maybe the deal is to play ALL 50 0vers and see if we can exert some pressure on Aussie batting.

Lethal said:
I wouldn't blame them. Watching this Pakistan team is just wasting your whole day. 8 hours of your life wasted.

Much that I agree with you - I think its too early to call this game.

I think its probably better we dont chase in our frail frame of mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back