Pakistan v Australia | 4th ODI | Abu Dhabi | 01/05/09 | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Savak said:
I think having such an old school coach doesnt help matters either. As it is from his media statements you can make out that the guy mostly believe in pep talks and doesnt focus too much on the technical sides of things.

Yaar when we had a modern coach , like BW and Lawson and people hated them - wanted a goold old Pakistani

Now we have a local coach and we have a problem as well?

MIG said:
Yaar when we had a modern coach , like BW and Lawson and people hated them - wanted a goold old Pakistani

Your explaining that to the king of wrist slitters?

MIG said:

"Ghar ki murghi daal barabar"

TaZ said:
is the wicket really that tough ?

Taz whats compounding the wicket is the fact that there isnt much reliability in the batsmen left to come. Malik, Afridi, Kamran.

This is heartening from Shehzad. Just his 3rd odi, in tough conditions, with a poor start from the team, and he has the ability and fortitude to tough it out and put a price on his wicket.

Good to see from one so young.

94 plus delivery since last boundary
no commentary for me what abt youy guys ????
just stopped out of no where

Pakistan need to get a move on here because if another few wickets fall then pakistan will have a poor run rate and be in deep ****!

Ahmad said:
Taz whats compounding the wicket is the fact that there isnt much reliability in the batsmen left to come. Malik, Afridi, Kamran.

hmm, thats what I thought. Its not just the wicket. They get 200 and aussies chase with ease as per the other day?

The batsmen seem to have decided its time to pick up the pace a little..

lakha84 said:
94 plus delivery since last boundary
no commentary for me what abt youy guys ????
just stopped out of no where

Just as well - they arent saying anything useful. You are the lucky

Cracked along the ground to cover..

this has been a great over.

8 runs off this over so far..

they've decided to go after north.. the debutant.

lets hope ahktar doesnt go for the usual 6+ an over. Looks like a pace off the ball type wicket

Ahmad said:
Dean jones suggesting 210 is a good total on this wicket..

Thanks,210 based on our current position or actually that 210 is a good score on this wicket?

Excellent by Shehzad, looking to rotate strike. Even better to see him hitting down the ground.

The new kid seems to have good temperament. Even after early losses he is ready to go slow but hold one side.

I am not seeing live but seems he is not doing anything stupid.

Garuda said:
The new kid seems to have good temperament. Even after early losses he is ready to go slow but hold one side.

he did play some foolish shots when he was under pressure but now he looks in control

Garuda said:

That's the key right there. As long as your batsmen have good temperament you won;t see the choke jobs like the one in the last match.

Mailk's out in the middle. Shahzad giving him some pointers on the pitch..

Terrible timing, really needed those two to keep going. Misbah throws away another start.

I hope Malik can get going soon.

hopefully a blessing in disguise .... Malik is a good player of spin should pick up the pace here ....

Bublu Bhuyan said:
Look at Misbah's SR, it's 45.33, just pathetic.

whose strike rate is good today, its unfair to pick on his strike rate

Misbah got a start and threw it away! Poor poor stuff.

These two need to bat for another 15 overs, setting up the last 10 for a bit of a slog-fest.

Don't you guys feel that with Ahmed Shehzad, his weak offside play is actually a blessing in disguise?

It means he is less prone to chasing, and nicking a wide one, something which our openers have mastered the art of..

Shahzad plays a very risky scoop over the keeper.. for a single only..!

If I was Clarke I'd bring up the mid-on and mid-off, tempting the batsman to go over the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back