Pakistan v Australia | 4th ODI | Abu Dhabi | 01/05/09 | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why they should have kept the runrate little higher (around 4) even during consolidation period.

They used almost 18 overs to consolidate where they scored below 3 runs per over. Now after being set Misbah is gone and it will be difficult for the new batsman to score at 6 runs per over to adjust the loss of run rate.

Garuda said:
This is why they should have kept the runrate little higher (around 4) even during consolidation period.

They used almost 18 overs to consolidate where they scored below 3 runs per over. Now after being set Misbah is gone and it will be difficult for the new batsman to score at 6 runs per over to adjust the loss of run rate.
At least these 2 will rotate the strike.

no way should Misbah be coming in ahead of Malik ... no way in hell .... Akmal should even come in before Misbah .... Misbah is a finisher suited to the number 6 role and that is where he should have stayed ....

top edge for shahzad...! Very lucky not to have carried to bracken at deep square leg.

Osman said:
no way should Misbah be coming in ahead of Malik ... no way in hell .... Akmal should even come in before Misbah .... Misbah is a finisher suited to the number 6 role and that is where he should have stayed ....
That's what I don't get. Why did Younis decide to promote Misbah ahead of Malik?

Inswinger said:
That's what I don't get. Why did Younis decide to promote Misbah ahead of Malik?

i posted the same thing in the misbah bashing thread

good stuff from Malik so far .... keeping the scoreboard ticking over .... Misbah watch and learn!!

Finally pakistan starting to milk bowling and getting a move on!

really hope Malik hits a hundred today and shows the others up!

Inswinger said:
Misbah can be promoted only if the team is trying to get benefit of the power plays.

But from the way Misbah played it didn't look like that was the plan. If they wanted someone who can hang around and rotate strike for long then it should have been Malik and not Misbah.

Either Captain took a wrong decision or Misbah didn't play as the captain wanted.

Shahzad getting some tape on his arm band.. on the forehand. Cramping up maybe?

Osman said:

If you ask me, someone who is a very limited player has no role in the team. Misbah never ever impressed me as a class player anyways, good hitting will win you games initially in your career but the guy is 35, is now being worked over by major teams, has a poor poor technique against the moving ball and does a huge disservice to the team and the rest of the batters. with his bloody tuk tuk.

I agree now, having Fawad in his place wont do us any harm infact gives us more options.

Malik gets a life. Haddin fumbles a catch.

98/3 after 28 overs.

Malik playing really well!

Positive batting from him, and its having an effect on Shezad as well.

They need to keep it up!

All I am trying to figure out is how to blame Malik for this - surely there must be something....

Malik 17 off 16.. He's getting his runs at a great pace!

9 off the over.. 29 gone.

Malik giving pakistan impetus here!

Shezad needs to try and bat through whole inns here!

I guess Malik has come on to PP and taken some notes. Doing a great job here. Another reason he should be in at #3 or #4.

Its obvious that Shehzad is taking his cue from the confidence of his senior partner

MIG said:
All I am trying to figure out is how to blame Malik for this - surely there must be something....

no need for you to think about it - watch the haters think of something, they always do

if they can somehow make a rr of 6+ here that'll be nice cause the toal must be 250 or something

MIG said:

no need...leave that to the others...

MIG said:
Patience MIG bhai, it's coming...

Very lucky Malik!! Pops up in the middle of both keeper and bowler..

The ICL gir is at the match!

Alert the BCCI!

Call the police!

Run and hide!!!!

You guyz have lost the credibility after posting "Malik should've sent ahead of Misbah" after losing Misbahs wicket.

hmmm been several occassions where ball has dropped just short of fielders and a drop as well .... weve been lucky in that sense!

Current partnership 30 runs, 5.2 overs

110/3 after 30 overs.

30 off 32 in this partnership.. stuart clark back into the attack.

PErsonally, and I say this based upon years of watching Pak cricket - I do not like teh way Malik wears his helmet...

TaZ said:
OK although I wouldnt be the first Pak "ODI star" to get a ban. Haha

Not you Taz - you are one my fav posters :)

MIG said:
PErsonally, and I say this based upon years of watching Pak cricket - I do not like teh way Malik wears his helmet...

is it the way the strap dangles? dont like that either ...

TaZ said:
OK although I wouldnt be the first Pak "ODI star" to get a ban. Haha
hahaha got it ;-) gud batting mby malik and shehzad needs to play a little bit a faster

these 2 need to give a launch pad for Afridi and Akmal ...and Akhtar .... Arafat and Tanvir are merely tailenders!

MIG said:
As long as gets runs, who cares?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back