Pakistan v England | 1st Test : Day 2 | Dubai Sports City | 18 January 2012 |

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the response by Taufeeq, I thought he got a century and we're going off after declaration.

quite the celebration lol...what's he going to do after a 100?!

Authoritative partnership so far. Taufeeq in particular has played some really delightful shots

The best thing about Taufeeq is his ability to go on and make big hundreds, let's hope he can do it here.

I think this is the 1st time Taufeeq has got to 50 before Hafeez...well played, carry on!

if these stay on .... till lunch ... that would be gr8 ... i want to see Pakistan approach after matching England score ... ? will we attack after that? or stay tuned ? for the rest of the day?

lol OH MY LORD Toffeee Kumar is going to look like a decent bat here, I knew ENG were poor when the wickets dont help much but not this bad...

Let's not get carried away here: Flower XI massacred the Aussies in Adelaide (with their assistance, indeed) so they can perform on roads or semi-roads. However, was that an aberration? Only time will tell. :akhtar

Taufeeq has played a brilliant innings, been very authorative in his plays and leaves.

True, but give him the benefit of the doubt. Many fans on PP expected him and Hafeez to fail in this series.

not this guy ;d

how salman butt ever replaced taufeeq is beyond me lol

if these stay on .... till lunch ... that would be gr8 ... i want to see Pakistan approach after matching England score ... ? will we attack after that? or stay tuned ? for the rest of the day?

Stay tuned. Plenty of time left in the test. Pakistan want to bat only once. We can bat till the end of day 3 and give England two days to bat.

'I dont think Pakistan will bat as bad as England'

wow! what a thing to hear from an English comm

Nice batting by these two. Pakistan looking really good in this match.

Bilal: "I'm a Pakistan fan, but admittedly even I was slightly embarrassed to just see Taufeeq take off his helmet and put both his hands (and the bat) in the air after scoring the fifty. That's the sort of thing usually reserved for 100s or a 300 in Michael Clarke's case."

Cricinfo

---

I think it was a bit OTT but no reason to be 'embarrassed'. It meant a lot to Taufeeq and he showed it.

Last edited:
Woke up to a beautiful morning.

morning to all ppers, enjoy the good times while they last. the sun doesnt shine forever.

Bilal: "I'm a Pakistan fan, but admittedly even I was slightly embarrassed to just see Taufeeq take off his helmet and put both his hands (and the bat) in the air after scoring the fifty. That's the sort of thing usually reserved for 100s or a 300 in Michael Clarke's case."

played through covers by taufeeq

2 more added

and interestingly batsman collided in the middle while running :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back