Pakistan v England | 2nd Test | Multan | October 15-19 | Day 2 | Match Discussion

Cricket Warrior

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Things could have taken a turn for the worse for Pakistan, but fortune favored them today. Kamran Ghulam was dropped on 79 by Duckett off Leach's bowling, and Rizwan was given a reprieve at 6 when England chose not to review a caught behind call. The debutant remained composed, fought hard, and brought up his century. Batting didn't seem overly challenging, prompting England to take the second new ball immediately.

Although Rizwan survived a few close calls, Ghulam was ultimately bowled by Bashir for 118. Salman and Rizwan ensured there were no further setbacks until the close of play, finishing the day at 259/5. England toiled hard, picking up five wickets on a pitch that offered low bounce and some turn, though nothing too extravagant. Unlike the first Test, there has been a good contest between bat and ball.

Teams:

Pakistan
(Playing XI): Saim Ayub, Abdullah Shafique, Shan Masood(c), Kamran Ghulam, Saud Shakeel, Mohammad Rizwan(w), Agha Salman, Aamer Jamal, Noman Ali, Sajid Khan, Zahid Mahmood

England (Playing XI): Zak Crawley, Ben Duckett, Ollie Pope, Joe Root, Harry Brook, Ben Stokes(c), Jamie Smith(w), Matthew Potts, Brydon Carse, Jack Leach, Shoaib Bashir

=======

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

One early wkt could push Pak to 325-350 all out
Need a wicketless first session and a bare minimum of 450 in first inns.

Must let Eng bat only after bowling 60 odd ovs today

Not easy to bat early mornings rizwan should have kept the board ticking yesterday

Few early wickets in the first session are expected

Pakistan should be looking to play till tea at least. Riz and Salman should pick up a pace also

I think if Pakistan somehow scores 350 on this surface they can easily put England under pressure.
THe thing is if England decides to attack and it comes off for 30 minutes how will Pakistan team will react. That is where the game lies. If they implode under assault it will only get worse. It comes down to mental toughness of bowlers.

Pakistan should be looking to play till tea at least. Riz and Salman should pick up a pace also
Lol, if one of these boys goes, pak are packed up for 350.

If pakistan want to win, they gotta keep going and going, force England to bowl em out and suffocate them.

The thing about England is that they will not accept a draw. It's against their blood.

So pakistan shpuld try to hang in their and keep going and aim like their playing for a draw. Tire England out and force them to bazzball collapse which they have often done on the past.

And that's how you win.

To beat England you gotta go againat their nature. Pakistan is too weak to try to out bat them or out bowl them. Only way to beat em is mentally hurting their ego knowing that the opposition is looking for a draw.

That's how they'll most likely collapse of their forced to bazzball.

That missed review of Rizwan could cost England dearly.
Man, sometimes you wonder if Rizwan is some sort of Gilchrist level batter.

Pakistan cannot even beat England even if they score 556, hona kuch nahi hai.

And as for the so called it's a better pitch. Sometimes you just gotta acknowledge that it's the bowlers, not the pitch itself. Yes this pitch being a day 6 pitch has more spice in it, but it doesn't matter, Ball was reversing and pakistan like morons chose one pacer only.

They have completly misread the pitch and the 6 spinners will be punished beyond belief

On current form Salman needs to bat ahead of Rizzler
Rizwan got no rizz. Genuinely he doesn't. I have never seen a girl ever say I love rizzu he's so cute.

All girls interested in pretty boy Naseem who also got that pot belly now

This is so stupid for pcb, it's a good pitch for pace bowling and jamal is your only pacer?

If he bats long, how is he suppose to bowl when tired and exhausted?

Stupid stupid strategy

I am surprised not a lot of bowlers not exploiting the dancing defensive technique of Rizwan. Bumrah exploited by bowling a slower one at Ahmedabad.

Man, sometimes you wonder if Rizwan is some sort of Gilchrist level batter.

Pakistan cannot even beat England even if they score 556, hona kuch nahi hai.

And as for the so called it's a better pitch. Sometimes you just gotta acknowledge that it's the bowlers, not the pitch itself. Yes this pitch being a day 6 pitch has more spice in it, but it doesn't matter, Ball was reversing and pakistan like morons chose one pacer only.

They have completly misread the pitch and the 6 spinners will be punished beyond belief
Rizwan was on 6 and he added 35 runs after. On this pitch and against a decent bowling attack, that would've cost them ..

Stokes should replace Carse , ball still hard & pacers having more impact than spinners . 292/6

Enough deviation to get any batter out.

nuHN2Ia.png

Ya I mean he should have stayed there longer but his form is off for the last month or so
Tbf to Rizzu, He tried to hang in their and his approach was correct,Agha is doing something similar atm but I don't know if their doing it intentionally or because they just can't read Carse lol.

The thing is pakistan just has no idea how to play test in general, that's the issue.

For example, the best way to beat England in test if you're a weaker team is to play into their ego's.

England absolutely hates draws and refuses to draw under any circumstances.

Best play would be to hang in their and suffocate England, Play for a draw, and go slow and keep the scoreboard ticking, Force them to stay out their fir 2.5 days.

As a result when England bat, they'll be tired but their ego will force them to bazzball and that's where they'll make mistakes and throw their wickets away.

Only planning that would be required is for root who's the only batter that wouldn't fall for such a ploy, but the rest can be dealt with.

Lots of teams have done exactly this and have used England's bazzball against them.

But Pakistan is incapable of doing so. Their still trying to outbat England which won't ever work.

Rizwan was on 6 and he added 35 runs after. On this pitch and against a decent bowling attack, that would've cost them ..
But it is not a decent bowling attack.

Brother, you need to get put of this future mindset.

England should do better, I 100% agree, however they are not facing SA, India or Australia atm.

When the time comes, they can be punished and ranted against those teams. But rn no dice. No point in being critical as theirs nothing pak can do that'll cost em.

I already told you how pakistan can reasonably win, but we both know pak will never do that because their morons. They still stubbornly try to outdated oppositions which never works.

Tbf to Rizzu, He tried to hang in their and his approach was correct,Agha is doing something similar atm but I don't know if their doing it intentionally or because they just can't read Carse lol.

The thing is pakistan just has no idea how to play test in general, that's the issue.

For example, the best way to beat England in test if you're a weaker team is to play into their ego's.

England absolutely hates draws and refuses to draw under any circumstances.

Best play would be to hang in their and suffocate England, Play for a draw, and go slow and keep the scoreboard ticking, Force them to stay out their fir 2.5 days.

As a result when England bat, they'll be tired but their ego will force them to bazzball and that's where they'll make mistakes and throw their wickets away.

Only planning that would be required is for root who's the only batter that wouldn't fall for such a ploy, but the rest can be dealt with.

Lots of teams have done exactly this and have used England's bazzball against them.

But Pakistan is incapable of doing so. Their still trying to outbat England which won't ever work.
^^ This is the strategy they need to somehow pull off a win as other teams have done bwfore

Stokes captaincy has played a notable role in some of these wickets, particularly Masood and Salman.

Just a straight ball but Rizwan for some reason was hurried and played well inside the line of the ball with an angled bat towards mid wicket.
Poor technique overall
Naw, it was a great ball, It reversed into him.

It's poor technique yes, but even the best batters can only defend against that.

I'm willing to tear rizwan apart for his past makes including the last one where both deliveries were numbskull deliveries that he got out on, but this was a good delivery.

However it still shows what I've been talking about.

Rizwan, babar, Abdullah and Shaheen barely have any red ball practise and it clearly clearly shows in their horrible lack of defence.

This is what happens when you stubbornly play low level t20 leagues and focus only on them

Pacers are the ones who are getting wickets, and pakistan has only one pacer who's expected to bat out the innings. HAHAHABABABABABABAHA

Naw, it was a great ball, It reversed into him.

It's poor technique yes, but even the best batters can only defend against that.

I'm willing to tear rizwan apart for his past makes including the last one where both deliveries were numbskull deliveries that he got out on, but this was a good delivery.

However it still shows what I've been talking about.

Rizwan, babar, Abdullah and Shaheen barely have any red ball practise and it clearly clearly shows in their horrible lack of defence.

This is what happens when you stubbornly play low level t20 leagues and focus only on them
I think Rizwan made it look better than it was. He's been jumping around against Carse who bowls with good pace. Not extreme but good pace

I think Rizwan made it look better than it was. He's been jumping around against Carse who bowls with good pace. Not extreme but good pace
4 out of 7 wickets have been taken by pacers. With one of those spinner wickets being Abdullah and Shan who frankly gave their wickets away.

What's pakistan's plan? They only have Jamal who's expected to bat out the innings?

Do they want him to score a 100 and bowl straight after in the heat as well? Kya Ihsanullah kei pass bhejna hai?

Bro this is ridiculous. Shan is such a crap captain.

Rob Key is changing English cricket culture fundamentally and it's great .

No longer looking to produce guys who bowl dry and end up with good bowling averages.

Much more wicket taking threat with the kookaburra on flat wickets .

It's the seam attack. Your newer crop of bowlers look like they can take wickets anywhere .
To get Pakistan batters wickets ,you have to just bowl ,they will throw the wickets .

I dont find anything special about this English bowling attacks.

Back