Pakistan v England: 5th ODI at Edgbaston (Pak Innings)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough times for Pak - just ahead of the CT.

Good news is that we have now made England into hot favourites for CT and WC !

Hawkeye gives Inzi out. As i thought when seeing it. Daryl is having a superb game.

hawkeye says hitting top of leg, those are too tight to call, shud NOT have been given out.

Rob H said:
Inzi gone LBW. Good decision i think.

Yes good decision, apart from it was going over the top of the stumps and possibly missing leg

Rob H said:
Hawkeye gives Inzi out. As i thought when seeing it. Daryl is having a superb game.

Which match are you watching ?

david gower thinks inzi was NOT OUT, too close to call, shud have given benefit to inzi.

Yea hawkeye gives Inzi out. But when England have it hitting the top of leg stump the commentators blatantly say NOT OUT. And if it's a bad decision "oh its so hard to umpire, poor them."

Last edited:
zeenix said:
ITS ALL OVER NOW.. BYE BYE FOLKS.. Signing Off..

Its NOT over ! there is plenty of cricket left - dont be such sore losers guys !

Fact is that when you give away wickets like unnecessary run outs, then marginal decisions like Inzis hurt even more

Well you cant blame Harper for the decision, and as hawkeye put it, inzi was out. We should critisize inzi for putting himself in this position, typical way he gets out...we can still recover but the pitch looks really hard.

Daoud said:
Didnt you say a loss or two would be good for us? ;-)

there's a way to lose, and then there's a way of rolling over. This is just pathetic.

This match sure as hell aint over.. credit to England though they've become real hard as$es in the past two games.

What yall think we can make the least, and then the most. Sensible plz.

I'll say 185, at most 220

the ball clearly bounces not sure why da hell they keep sayin they aren't sure...

We will see a fantastic partnership between YK and Razzaq - if they can take us to the 40th over without further loss then we can make a match out of this - hold on folks - all is not lost - InshaALLAH we will come through this

Ok seriously is it just me or is it clear that the ball to Read didn't carry.. it clearly bounced before he caught it.. anyone else think the same?

Saj said:
Which match are you watching ?
Saj, get your Pakistan cap off. Hawkeye backs up Harper and you're still not happy. You are one sad person if you persist on it being not out.

Last edited:
Rob H said:
Saj, get your Pakistan cap off. Hawkeye backs up, Harper and you're still not happy. You are one sad person.

i see a ban coming for u

Rob H said:
Saj, get your Pakistan cap off. Hawkeye backs up, Harper and you're still not happy. You are one sad person.

Rob you can'y deny that in that past the ball is hitting that sport and botha or whoever will say "well too much doubt there, its not out." It happens time and time again and we all just accept. So why the sudden chance?

Rob H said:
Saj, get your Pakistan cap off. Hawkeye backs up Harper and you're still not happy. You are one sad person if you persist on it being not out.

Easy Rob H.

wat will be the consequences of this match, i doubt we'll win. do u think there will be major changes?

smoothcriminal said:
Ok seriously is it just me or is it clear that the ball to Read didn't carry.. it clearly bounced before he caught it.. anyone else think the same?

It's a bit like the Inzi one on Friday.

From the TV pictures it looks like it bounces and if pressed to give a decision based solely on the footage you'd give the batsman not out. However it has been proven that TV pictures can create illusions due to foreshortening and such like. So you can't always be 100% sure.

It didn't get that far though and the umpires clearly felt it hadn't carried and so the game goes on. A good decision I'd say.

no consequences, just a big wake up call for everyone to WAKE UP and lift your dam game!

Sri Lanka whipped this English side 5-0 ..while Pakistan is struggling against this attack ..These are not good signs ..4-1 loss against India could have been an aberration ..but this series has exposed many chinks in Pakistan armour ..

The Inzi desicion to me was 50-50. Live it looked dead, but the replies made it look less so. I think if hawkeye shows it just clipping there is doubt. Swings and roundabouts though - sometimes you get them sometimes you don't.

Rob H said:

oi ! watch your mouth !

The replay showed that it might have just flicked the top of the stumps - marginal and huge doubt. At the end of the day it should have been not out.

I think you are watching a different match

Guys even as a Pakistani I agree that inzi was out. If anything, that decision could have gone either way and it went against our favor, tough luck for us but now razzaq must make a partnership.

MIG said:
Easy Rob H.
I've just been had a go at twice for saying what i see and apparantly i'm still "watching the wrong game". I'm sorry about the sad person remark but i still stand by it being the correct decision.

Rob H said:
I've just been had a go at twice for saying what i see and apparantly i'm still "watching the wrong game". I'm sorry about the sad person remark but i still stand by it being the correct decision.
Rob, when England lose the Ashes, I'll ask you to take your English cap off

Rob H said:

I'd like to see some consistency from the critics is all. I'll say it again, if that was given not out, nobody would have complained. And that would be AFTER they see the hawkeye.

Interesting battle between Razzaq and Mahmood - time for some revenge for Mahmood.

Rob H said:

If that was a correct decision, then every marginal decision where Hawkeye shows the ball grazing the stumps should be given - the result, teams being bowled out for very low scores.

kablooee87 said:
I'd like to see some consistency from the critics is all. I'll say it again, if that was given not out, nobody would have complained. And that would be AFTER they see the hawkeye.

If it wasn't given out I'd say the bowler was unlucky.

It was given out and I'd say Inzi was a little unlucky.

It's a 50/50. We've all seen better shouts turned down and worse shouts given.

Billy said:
If it wasn't given out I'd say the bowler was unlucky.

It was given out and I'd say Inzi was a little unlucky.

It's a 50/50. We've all seen better shouts turned down and worse shouts given.

I fully agree. We should just move on and pray for the best now that razzaq and younis are trying to get settled in.

smoothcriminal said:
I fully agree. We should just move on and pray for the best now that razzaq and younis are trying to get settled in.

True
Just forget about it
It's not that they gonna bring him back

If the hawkeye shows that it is out, then why so much argue? I mean u can´t blame the umpire for give that one...sad for pak but true

Bowled him. Frank Skinner cheering. Missed a straight one, simple as.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back