Pakistan v New Zealand | 2nd Test - Day 1 | Wellington | 3/12/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Malik is in the team beyond me guys...C'mon...this isn't fun...u do a poor job constantly, u supposed to get fire.

OK enough now Gents.

Pls do not refer to players with any abusive names etc.

Consider this a warning for this and any other threads that you intend to contribute in.

RumiNYC said:
so any of u think, Bangladesh could have done a lil bit better than Pak today ;)

I don't know man. They are good at what they do, don't think we can do as remarkably. :afridi

insaaniyat said:
You probably are right. When we consider 29 and 32 runs from our openers and 60 partnership in 32 overs good, we should know we are not up there. I totally agree with you. No comparison

well like I said they are playing to be the number one team and we are at number 8...

we still have those same sifarshi ppl in the team while india produce batsmen like there is no tomorrow...and lets accept it there, bowling aint as bad as our batting is..specially in test matches..

saadjhussain said:
thank god for bad light, yousuf will be on his knees praying for 4 days of rain.
that is true b'cause if he only prayed for 3 days of rain, then we would be out of luck.

slix10 said:
Whenever we have a good start- our middle order collapses.

Whenever we don't have a good start- our middle order collapses anyways.

What the hell is wrong.

We need a hard nose, no bull, coach with good batting skills. We need guy like Miandad but with good coaching and communication skills.

sali said:
We need a hard nose, no bull, coach with good batting skills. We need guy like Miandad but with good coaching and communication skills.
with good coaching and communication skills, and you want Miandad?

saadjhussain said:
thank god for bad light, yousuf will be on his knees praying for 4 days of rain.

I would reserve judgment until after the Kiwis bat on this pitch.

6.55pm The situation stays the same. Visibility is still pretty bad. No signs of play yet. The cut-off time, remember, is 8pm.

still 1 hour to go i think hmm sona hi bahter hai hmm

kingusama92 said:

agreed. asif gul and aamer have the potential to make the kiwis look like ducks on this pitch.

kingusama92 said:
if new zealand take a lead of say 80-100 runs, then expect us to be in a similar situation. i would expect new zealand to win this match with ease if every over was bowled.

Liverpool_Faizan said:
agreed. asif gul and aamer have the potential to make the kiwis look like ducks on this pitch.

Yeap...because there trundlers made our batters look like that as well! I would say beyond that!

In the mist of the seventh seal dimensions, interpreting,
veins hurting, bursting with flavour of pakistan lurking,
2020, key players rise in plenty,
**** soil producing pure players, perfecting practicality perfectly,
anticipating wins to witness,
through the dimensions of losses, wins emerge on a hitlist,
with this, never ending tailenders,
fail benders, turnin wins to loss, scarin frail tenders,
swingin in contrast, up and down dips rather than sideways,
hide away, emerging prophecies of players in our soil lie astray,
cry today, joy brought thereafter with imbalance of balanced yin and yang,
came in with a bang, pakis lost the nebula explosion,
but soon to stretch like the intergalactic space, to all regions of the ocean.

insaaniyat said:
weather saved us. Tomorrow it's is suppose to rain too
Quite the contrary. 6 down isn't the kind of saving I'd like. I think umpires took too long to walk.

Geez, it was cold, windy, and dark. Everyone was looking for a leak. The way Malik was touching himself after every delivery.... Prob Vettori beat him to the washroom.

daghetto said:

http://dictionary.reference.com/ :butt

daghetto said:

Gold

Pretty bad day for Pakistan. As usual hope will lie with the bowlers but what score do they need to get NZ out for that the batsman can actually achieve?

If we get to 185...I believe we can at least bowl them out for 250...now I say 250 because of the fielders that we have in our team, otherwise our bowlers are good enough to bowl NZ out for 170-180..

Random Aussie said:
Pretty bad day for Pakistan. As usual hope will lie with the bowlers but what score do they need to get NZ out for that the batsman can actually achieve?

Pitch look pretty good if Pak tomorrow manage to score 220+ then we have a chance to bowl Nz out for less than that score and from there on the match is on.

First day of this match - no one knows what the pitch will do but people have already lost hope !

Current Pakistan is like early 2000's Windies. Great Bowling one great batman who can be inconsistent and a bunch of hacks who can't hold a bat.

Why people are forgetting that we still have Akmal Sr. And reliable Aamer at the crease!!..I am pretty hopeful that they'll be able to put on a decent partnership and would take us to around 250..:akmal

I think newzealand will get a lead of atleast 100 runs and pakistan will again fail in the 2nd inns

Seen Sheen said:
Why people are forgetting that we still have Akmal Sr. And reliable Aamer at the crease!!..I am pretty hopeful that they'll be able to put on a decent partnership and would take us to around 250..:akmal
keep dreaming
I seriously doubt Pakistan getting 200

Still too early to lament, don't forget NZ second inning, Pak can still have a lead from first innings. I wish Rauf was also playing instead of the useless Kaneria, still Gul, Aamer and Asif will be a handful for NZ on this wicket!

Dare2Dream said:
Still too early to lament, don't forget NZ second inning, Pak can still have a lead from first innings. I wish Rauf was also playing instead of the useless Kaneria, still Gul, Aamer and Asif will be a handful for NZ on this wicket!
Of course that is possible. However I still feel our bating sucks

Why is Kaneria playing.

What did Ajmal do to warrant this.

Now it's really 161/9.

I think its all to do with the negative mindset of our players. Block, leave, block, leave, and some more block, then out of nowhere, to increase the tempo, they play a stupid shot to get out. Someone tell these bunch of fools that test cricket does not mean blocking endlessly and then hitting out randomly, thereby losing your wicket :pissed:

Usman Chadda said:
I think its all to do with the negative mindset of our players. Block, leave, block, leave, and some more block, then out of nowhere, to increase the tempo, they play a stupid shot to get out. Someone tell these bunch of fools that test cricket does not mean blocking endlessly and then hitting out randomly, thereby losing your wicket :pissed:

Negative mindset filters from administration to captain right down the players...

This series is a mirror-image of that series played in Sri Lanka e.g. dominated the first test yet, lost in the final session and in the second and third test imploded miserably to actually hand Sri Lanka the series

Oxy said:
I leave it on 59-0

I expect to wake up and see us close at 177-8...

kashif77 said:
Just wondering .. got any stock tips ?

Just call it 28years of watching Pak cricket & a current set up full of spineless, non-test standard 'senior' players...

Originally Posted by oxy
I leave it on 59-0

I expect to wake up and see us close at 177-8

I am assuming you have passed the 30 mark and don't belong to PG 13 class.

Baaqi loog bhee waqt key saath seekh jaaiingey. Pakistan cricket is quite predictable.

I predict Akmal will counter attack with a brilliant 150 and get Pakistan over 300.

Its hard to say where this test match is headed, NZ might fall like a pack of cards to below 150 you never know...

well I think pitch didnt do too much so pakistanis have ruined the chance of good first inns total and newzealand will take advantage by taking a lead of 100 runs atleast

Luton Bad Boy said:
Sehwag has scored more than Pakistan did in one entire day's play

is this a comparison????????

nothing to take away from sehwag, who is just unstoppable on his day...but scoring runs on a absulute batting paradise and where pakistan struggled today is totally different thing.....

no shame in admitting that pakistan batting is below par....

Long_Live_Pakistan said:
is this a comparison????????

nothing to take away from sehwag, who is just unstoppable on his day...but scoring runs on a absulute batting paradise and where pakistan struggled today is totally different thing.....

no shame in admitting that pakistan batting is below par....

If you noticed that four of our batsmen got out to silly shots and the pitch was hardly in the equation

Pitch didnt do much at all but pakistani batsman were as disappointing as ever

If the pitch was factor than vettori should not have got 3 wkts because there was no turn at all and even then our batsman didnt do well against him

Luton Bad Boy said:
Sehwag has scored more than Pakistan did in one entire day's play

It's not an entire days play because we only got 58 overs.

Anyway.....below par batting performance especially after our openers actually got us off to a good start by some miracle. Also it was dissapointing for Misbah to get out right at the end of the days play.....we are making a worrying habit of this. I think it has happened in every innings we have had so far this series (losing wickets right at the end of the days play).

161 for 5 would not have been so bad.......161 for 6 and we are pretty much in our tail. Let's try and get 220+ and we are still in with a shout if we can bowl the Kiwis out quickly. Remember though, our openers will definitely fail in the second innings.

Also, it's about time Yousuf stepped up and delivered.

RumiNYC said:
Why is Malik is in the team beyond me guys...C'mon...this isn't fun...u do a poor job constantly, u supposed to get fire.

ya good question....another question..why ijaz butt is still holding the seat??
just cos he is bro in law to ruling party member...??
corruption cases, himself a poor poor crickter, filling important seats with his family members??

malik is a yes man...and when corrupt regeimns rule, Yes men can never be sacked.

Long_Live_Pakistan said:
ya good question....another question..why ijaz butt is still holding the seat??
just cos he is bro in law to ruling party member...??
corruption cases, himself a poor poor crickter, filling important seats with his family members??

malik is a yes man...and when corrupt regeimns rule, Yes men can never be sacked.

Malik shouldn't be in the test team.

But it's funny how all the Afridi fans want him dropped and are using his 'form' as the reason. Funny because when Afridi went through a much worse run of form in 2006/2007 they were defending him and saying he should still definitely play.....double standards, especially such blatant ones, are always funny.

Thank God Salman Butt's and Imran Farhat's batting made me sleep otherwise i would have been punching the walls and be in emergency room right now.

Seen Sheen said:

InshaALLAH. :akmal :aamir

Usman Chadda said:

I've always said the PCB/coaches/players/captains looked clueless. It's very rare for Pakistani players to play according to the situation. We seem to have Umar Akmal who looks like a class above the rest.

These Pakistani cricketers have never heard of taking singles. Sometimes its the singles that irritate a bowler the most rather than a boundary; especially in test cricket.

insaftak said:
Thank God Salman Butt's and Imran Farhat's batting made me sleep otherwise i would have been punching the walls and be in emergency room right now.

Glad I did too. Would've been sleeping now had I stayed awake.

I predict pakistan getting 170 all out

and newzealand putting up 400 on the board

Against a bond-less attack, this is poor performance by the batsmen. Aamer doesn't have any baggage. Hope he bats really well tomorrow to get a decent score on the board.

For Farhat....

When u feel that nobody loves u,
nobody cares 4 u,
every1 is ignornin U,
and hating u,
u should tell urself..
PUTTAR TU HAI HE ISI QABIL!

Liverpool_Faizan said:

Kiwis will not make silly mistakes like Pakistan and I think they will get a lead

of 100 runs with ross taylor and guptil getting 100s

Relax guys,this was the case most of the times with the Pak batting and then the bowlers will bail you out.So it is not all over,Pak can still win it.But changing batting order should have avoided.

Match is starting early tomorrow :( :(

It will be good if the day gets rained off

hur rizvi said:
Only rain can rescue pakistan from a heavy defeat

Rain ;-) ;-) ;-)

hur rizvi said:
Kiwis will not make silly mistakes like Pakistan and I think they will get a lead

of 100 runs with ross taylor and guptil getting 100s

hur rizvi said:
Match is starting early tomorrow :( :(

It will be good if the day gets rained off

anything else? please go on, I love your positive attitude.

siddharth said:
Relax guys,this was the case most of the times with the Pak batting and then the bowlers will bail you out.So it is not all over,Pak can still win it.But changing batting order should have avoided.

Even bowling doesnt look good out of sorts gul, very unexperienced aamer and ,asif making a comeback and u dont expect much from kaneria on day 2
so its hard hard times for pakistan they have thrown the match away

hur rizwi - such a negative guy. You remind me of my brother and some of my mates.

Hash said:
Malik shouldn't be in the test team.

But it's funny how all the Afridi fans want him dropped and are using his 'form' as the reason. Funny because when Afridi went through a much worse run of form in 2006/2007 they were defending him and saying he should still definitely play.....double standards, especially such blatant ones, are always funny.

Afridi has 'presence' and more wavy hair

Comon sit up guys, we can easily win here.
250 is more than enough, youve all seen the ball moving.
Our bowlers will destroy them and the lead will be sufficient to shut them out.
Cheer up, you know this is a possibility.

Problem with T20 and ODIs is that people forget that this game is played over 5 days and within those days, each session has its own winners and losers.

Test cricket demands a lot from us fans.

The problem with us is that we think that each game will be like the India/SL affair

How can you guys blame the team for having s losing attitude when the supporters themselves are a bunch bandwagon jumping, fickle, wrist slitters who give up on every match 10 overs into the game?

Inswinger said:
How can you guys blame the team for having s losing attitude when the supporters themselves are a bunch bandwagon jumping, fickle, wrist slitters who give up on every match 10 overs into the game?

its the seletion process that erks me...ofcoruse the team should do well...but when you see certain players being dropped and others being picked on no merit whatsoever then yes it does infuriate me...

no wrist slitting here...its just hard to stomach thats all....

example,
kaneria for ajmal - what is the justification?
farhat again in the team - what is the justification?
dropping fawad - what is the justification?
Sending Umar Akmal at number three - what is the justification?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back