Pakistan v New Zealand | Napier | 3rd Test - Day 3 | 13/12/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rudi Koertsen is a fool, yet is demonstrating one of the weaknesses of this referral system. At the moment there is simply no incentive for Rudi to grant a borderline decision in Pakistans favour. This is because Pakistan have no referrals left (whereas Kiwis still have some I believe). Therefore there is no way Rudi will risk being embarrassingly overuled by the TV umpire AGAIN by adjudging a Kiwi batsman out when theres a risk that he will successfully challenge it via a TV referral.

The system, like Rudi's judgement, has holes.

Yaser said:
tuffey shattering his previous highest score. kaneria taking another fifer after flooding runs. gul toothless. great attack! atleast Ajmal contains

Where were you when Kaneria had taken 4/44? :13:

Now that Kaneria is not dropping or missing enough, others have taken over the duty. What is this now 3 dropped catches of his bowling today. Plus 3 LBWs not given today

2 by O'Brien

2 fielders again having a chat with eachother as to who's going to field :)))

Crowe really getting into the Pak fielding here!

what the hell is going on, why can't they break this partnership. Just need one wicket.

This is absolutely **** captaincy. He's not attacking nor defending.

What the eff are you trying to achieve?

we have literary run a 17 year old into the ground.

ali_ed2006 said:
what the hell is going on, why can't they break this partnership. Just need one wicket.
Rudi..................is being rude.

I miss YK as Captain. Our fielders look like are here for sightseeing so casual and relaxed

Omar Malik said:
2 by O'Brien

2 fielders again having a chat with eachother as to who's going to field :)))

Crowe really getting into the Pak fielding here!

He is entitled to do so as well. This is pathetic stuff. Not test level

the SHA said:
Rudi Koertsen is a fool, yet is demonstrating one of the weaknesses of this referral system. At the moment there is simply no incentive for Rudi to grant a borderline decision in Pakistans favour. This is because Pakistan have no referrals left (whereas Kiwis still have some I believe). Therefore there is no way Rudi will risk being embarrassingly overuled by the TV umpire AGAIN by adjudging a Kiwi batsman out when theres a risk that he will successfully challenge it via a TV referral.

The system, like Rudi's judgement, has holes.

Yeah, I'm also sure that every time there's an edge Rudi takes his hat off and distracts the fielder with the glare off his bald head. Rudi is 100% to blame for everything that's gone wrong this test.

"Waqar Younus pulling his hair out"
Crowe advises WY to get a fielding coach...!!

Breaking News MoYo has been appointed captain for the 2011 World Cup.

Dont think Martin Crowe realises who the new fielding coach is!!!

Bublu Bhuyan said:
What if Salman Butt scores a century in the meanwhile ? You'll miss the action.

I record all the action overnight on my HDD Recorder - and watch it in the morning 'as live'

Vegitto1 said:
we have literary run a 17 year old into the ground.

People have always said Aamer should be eased into Test Cricket, given that he is such a precocious talent. Hopefully, after this game, he gets a period of rest before the Aussie Tests start.

Last edited:
If Pakistan is destined to lose this match. I hope they lose by a huge margin and players who have not been selected on merit fail miserably.

This should then result in the sacking of the selectors and a re-selection of the squad for Australia. Our bowlers do not deserve this!

Give the ball to part timers PLEASE Yousuf, youre killing the 3 of them now.

PLEASE !!

exactly. they'll have to give him a 5yr contract ten to ensure he doesn't retire
gollumbird said:
Kidding yaar... PCB must be having second thoughts even retaining him as Captain for the OZ series.

This is so sad after we worked so hard and gave the test match away, once again. I've seen it in every series since the Inti is the coach that old man ! :inti

It happened so many times, we were easly infront and still lost it... we realy need a new coach badly.

And another factor is we realy need a psychologist in the team to work on the boys it's also something mental

Vegitto1 said:
If Pakistan is destined to lose this match. I hope they lose by a huge margin and players who have not been selected on merit fail miserably.

This should then result in the sacking of the selectors and a re-selection of the squad for Australia. Our bowlers do not deserve this!

what makes u think jamshed or afridi will be greaat performers in test cricket. what r u basing that on.

the problem is not individual ability. under woolmer we were a great fielding side. inti is most likely to blame in this scenario. wut makes me shudder the most is that when we drop a catch no one rlly seems to care. younis khan was right to yell at these players. all of them seem to think they r on holiday.

at least when we mad malik as captain he had the guts to yell at a few players. and we blame everything on him. tut tut.

It's really hard to blame the bowlers. We've already had a few drops today and some close calls have gone in the favor of the batsmen but the real culprits are our batsmen. Farhat, Butt, Faisal, and Misbah wouldn't make it into the freaking Kiwi Test squad let alone the XI, and we know hoe dismal the Kiwi batting has been before this innings. If the selector and team management have any self respect they will resign and let someone else reselect the Aussie squad. i used to be a supporter of players like Butt and Malik but this is ridiculous. I'd take Yasir Hameed and Asim Kamal along with YK to Australia.

Inswinger said:
It's really hard to blame the bowlers. We've already had a few drops today and some close calls have gone in the favor of the batsmen but the real culprits are our batsmen. Farhat, Butt, Faisal, and Misbah wouldn't make it into the freaking Kiwi Test squad let alone the XI, and we know hoe dismal the Kiwi batting has been before this innings. If the selector and team management have any self respect they will resign and let someone else reselect the Aussie squad. i used to be a supporter of players like Butt and Malik but this is ridiculous. I'd take Yasir Hameed and Asim Kamal along with YK to Australia.

wut did butt or farhat or faisal iqbal do in this match that the whole other team didnt do. stop blaming certain players. every player with the exception of the bowlers were garbage in this series.

horrible captaincy...not attacking..fielders relaxing in the field...Our team is making tuffey and obrian look like Tendulkar and Dravid...

2nd rate NZ team looking like Australia...horrible...

This is dissapointing, i wont be suprised if pak are all bowled out before chasing down the lead, let alone setting a target...

looks like maliks coming back in the next test match.. the nightmares continue

I am afraid that if the NZ make around 300, Pak batting can fail again...they can be bowled out under 300...

If Tuffey can score almost a hundred here you boys should be able to stack up 500+ at least. No need to be so negative, this test aint over yet.

but then Rudy has not given couple of very good shouts..so its not Pak's fault entirely..

Pathetic stuff. No heart and no effort and now an innings or 10 wkt defeat is the most likely result.

YK haters, how is yousufs captaincy? Friendly enough for you, lovely atmosphere in the dressing room? The guy is a lazy and selfish man and yet people wanted YK gone......

We supporters deserve this for not being united behind the right man. Now it is malik's and yousufs team.....you see the result.

Liverpool_Faizan said:
wut did butt or farhat or faisal iqbal do in this match that the whole other team didnt do. stop blaming certain players. every player with the exception of the bowlers were garbage in this series.
Kamran and Umar have had a decent series. Farhat and But have hurt us more in the field then they have with their bats.

insaaniyat said:
anyone how is Aamir doing, did he bowl today

Yes he's bowled today and was good bowled at over 140 k's constantly and got to 149 k aswell

He bowled 3 good balls back to back to Tuffey unfortunate not to get a nick!

insaaniyat said:
Tuffy scoring 76 is already insult to out bowlers.

no it isnt. we have bowled like garbage, fielded like school kids and our attitude on the field is absolutely appalling. tuffey has batted well. credit to him.

We are playing worst cricket at the most important time......the final few days of a series deciding test match.

This should be where great performances should be but the team looks like nobody is bothered.....captain must take all responsibility for this miserable effort :po: :moyo :po:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back