Pakistan vs Australia | T20 | Dubai | 07/05/09 | Australia Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

UP

T20I Debutant
Runs
We don't have to wait too long now to witness the second ever T20 match between Pak and Aus. The opening encounter was comfortably won by Pakistan during the T20 World Cup 2007, in South Africa.

This match is very important one for both teams as they prepare for the mega event to be held in England next month. Win can boost either team's confident ahead of the T20 World Cup.

Australia have a new captain in Brad Haddin, the wicketkeeper, who takes over after Michael Clarke left following Sunday's loss to gain a few extra days of rest.

All in all, everything seems to be in place and I really want Pakistan to thrash Kangaroos today :D

Last edited:
Pakistan should bring in Fawad in place of Butt and that should be the only change they need for this match. THis shud be the batting order.

1. Kamran
2. Shehzad
3. Malik
4. Younis
5. Misbah
6. Afridi
7. Fawad
8. Arafat
9. Akhtar
10. Gul
11. Ajmal

Please! I don't wanna see the Butt of Mr. Butt ! :p-)

Sufi Malang said:
Pakistan should bring in Fawad in place of Butt and that should be the only change they need for this match. THis shud be the batting order.

1. Kamran
2. Shehzad
3. Malik
4. Younis
5. Misbah
6. Afridi
7. Fawad
8. Arafat
9. Akhtar
10. Gul
11. Ajmal

Without Butt Pakistan team is incomplete. Thats not my opinion its our rubbish team management's strategy. It's not possible to drop Butt who will waste every singe delivery to dent middle order's confidence.

Hail :butt

Last edited:
Umair Paracha! said:
Without Butt Pakistan team is incomplete. Thats not my opinion its our rubbish team management's strategy. It's not possible to drop Butt who will waste every singe delivery to dent middle order's confidence.
wtb
:butt

It will be very important to make full use of the first 6 overs coz it is very hard to hit sixes on these slow wickets, so Butt better play a 28 ball 50 today:) (only a wish)

Pakistan should do well today. They have 2 very good t20 bowlers in Afridi and Gul. I think how Ajmal bowls will be crucial too.

On_the_up said:
5 pm, I think
you sure about that? cuase people were wrong about the ODI saying they were supposed to start and 11.30 but they started at 12

pakistanbest said:
you sure about that? cuase people were wrong about the ODI saying they were supposed to start and 11.30 but they started at 12

The match starts 16:00 GMT, 17:00 UK time, 18:00 SA time and 18:00 norwegitan time :) There will be a full packed stadium InshaAllah

(source: cricinfo.com)

IAJ said:
The match starts 16:00 GMT, 17:00 UK time, 18:00 SA time and 18:00 norwegitan time :) There will be a full packed stadium InshaAllah

(source: cricinfo.com)

Only if it could start around there for me as well. 2:00 am Aussies time i think. Looks like a long night ahead. :) :)

Pakistan have a very good T20 record i think we should win tonight!

Sufi Malang said:

1. Kamran
2. Shehzad
3. Malik
4. Younis
5. Misbah
6. Afridi
7. Fawad
8. Arafat
9. Akhtar
10. Gul
11. Ajmal

I would go for the same team.. But I don't think the team management will..

3 hrs to go.

Last minute advice for YK?

poop, I will miss this.

Will someone post decent highlights? I will be your best friend. Thanks.

Guys at what Eastern Standard Time the match is starting?

srh said:
Guys at what Eastern Standard Time the match is starting?
In an hour 30 mins, the pitch report is up. Two hours, game starts.

Pakistan Won The Toss and Fielding 1st..............

Pakistan Won The Toss and Fielding 1st..............

Younis Khan is out....Misbah will be captain for Pakistan..............Brett Lee is back in Australia side......

Still an hour to go - are you making this up?

pakcricketfan said:
What is happening?? !!!!!!! :65:
When exactly will it start??!!:59:
I thought Match is going to start 9pm Pakistan time...and only 6 mins left....

PakPassionate said:
I thought Match is going to start 9pm Pakistan time...and only 6 mins left....

M.Y.13 said 1hr 06 mins are left... :s
May be it'll start at 10:00 pm PST ...we r an hour ahead..daylight saving..

pakcricketfan said:
M.Y.13 said 1hr 06 mins are left... :s
May be it'll start at 10:00 pm PST ...we r an hour ahead..daylight saving..
Yes I think u are right....

Pakistan Won The Toss ... Yk Not Playin Misbah Captian And They Will Be Feilding According To Aryone World

Looks like Misbah is captaining, he has got to be agressive, fielding first is good, we are good at chasing, prefer that!

Pakista team
Misbah-ul-Haq (capt), Salman Butt, Ahmed Shahzad, Shoaib Malik, Shahid Afridi, Kamran Akmal (wk), Umar Gul, Fawad Alam, Shoaib Akhtar, Sohail Tanvir, Saeed Ajmal.

moiez_no1 said:
Pakistan Won The Toss ... Yk Not Playin Misbah Captian And They Will Be Feilding According To Aryone World

Last night ARY were saying that YK was sick, but he was doing better and will be playing

Just seem team on cricinfo, 4 main bowlers, what are they thinking of? Batting seems weak now.

Don't think we will be winning with that's team, unless afridi does something special

BS, I simply don't want to see this BUTT crap in this match.
WTH, Is he playing agai?. Crappiest player for T20.
Please, Please throw this piece of crap in Test cricket or whatever but don't play or make us watch his TUK TUK.

On_the_up said:
Just seem team on cricinfo, 4 main bowlers, what are they thinking of? Batting seems weak now.

4 main bowlers?
Gul, Tanvir, Akhtar, Ajmal, Afridi, Malik, Fawad.

Seems like a decent enough team. Good to see Fawad in there.

who is showing this in the uk?? its not on the tv listings for ary digital on the virgin box!

Hours of play: 19.30 start

Current time: 19:26 local

i thought it is an 20:00pm start??? 5pm uk time

???

On_the_up said:
Don't think we will be winning with that's team, unless afridi does something special

The only other players in the squad are Younis, Rao, and Arafat. How much different were you expecting the team to be?

chronic said:
who is showing this in the uk?? its not on the tv listings for ary digital on the virgin box!

it never does be but trust me it is on Ary Digital

Misbah has elected to bowl first, huh, y not bat first, put up a huge total. He is putting the opners under preassure.

Gul tanvir akhtar and ajmal can't bat, by main bowlers, I meant out and out bowlers who can't bat. Why leave Arafat out?

Broadcast Starts in 28 minutes, 33 seconds according to my Willow Stream

I have a feeling Fawad will fail today. He must be heartbroken for being the only player who was not given a chance to play in just concluded 5 match series. He must be feeling very lonely kind of like how a lowest caste Shudar feels in a group of highest caste Brahmans. I will not blame him if he fails today but if he did fail then I am 100% sure that he will not be named in the next ODI series. Imran Khan think of him very low and Abdul Qadir is a desciple of Imran Khan.

Last edited:
yaar this is really dodgy stuff now. Has the game started or not. Is there still half an hour left till the first ball. Cricinfo dont seem to be updating anymore.

I remember Salman Butt in the 20/20 world cup and i remember every single game he played iw anted to just break my tv.. he started of soo damn slow in every game and then got out.. i hope his changed since then he sure has in ODI lets hope his changed in 20/;20 aswell ..

On_the_up said:
Gul tanvir akhtar and ajmal can't bat, by main bowlers, I meant out and out bowlers who can't bat. Why leave Arafat out?

I think we really should be able to manage with 7 batsmen in a twenty20.

Who believes YK is actually sick. I think he is just not playing

Ideally PCB should have flown Shahzaib and Ammer guy and recall BUTT (both of them). but what can you expect from bunch of stupid Jokers.

I hope BUTT fails again in this match or get out of first ball. Otherwise he will cost us run out or 2 and finally a match with his TUK TUKAI.

well the atmosphere is just fantastic already, and their is still 25 minutes left fot the match to start, the arabians are on the ground doing some funny stuff, both teams are warming up, the comentators are all flying on the ground as well, DJ is banging unknown tunes, an uufffff its excellent

The reason there appears to be delay hanging around is they are waiting for Sheikh Mahktoum or someone

Apparently Younis isnt playing in order to give Fawad a go.

Ok so YK is no sick, he just want to test Fawad Alam in this match.
that's what Misbah told at the toss.

Misbah says in interview that younus is sitting to give Fawad a chance...

When does this start - the Windies test match is riveting viewing at the mo!

kia kuptaan hai... he gies his OWN place for fawad alam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back