Sri Lanka v Pakistan | Asia Cup: Match 1 | Dambulla | 15/06/2010 | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIG

PakPassion Administrator
Runs
243 is the target and the Pakistani batting line up with some exciting new prospects has a lot to prove!

SL getting to a decent enough target - Pak have a lot to prove

Last edited:
Akmal Jr. has green lipstick on, so a 75 (35) is certain.

Like most Pakistan run chase am not looking forward to this!

Shazaib and Butt need to get pakistan off to solid start.

Also one of razzaq/Afridi or Akmal Snr should maybe sent in as a pinch hitter if need early on!

could be a toughie.....lets c....need butta to get a score and shazaib ofcourse

I dont trust Pakistan chasing down 150. Never mind 240. But you never know with Pakistan. How long till they start thier innings?

Need a good opening partnership and a good contribustion from every1. Escpecoally akmal and butt because they screwed up and missed chances. A good debut performance from hasan and amin would also be handy.

Btw, SVK leading by 1 at 70 min of match

Afridi_Fan said:
I am still laughing at that superb piece of fielding. :butt

Well you wouldnt be laughing if it was a different situation, different bastmen... I dont know, for example.. In test Series Pakistan Vs Australia... butt drops Watson for instance.. on 2* and goes on to make 200... It wouldnt be funny then would it. Its a serious issue, Needs to get sorted

Last edited:
adzzy786 said:
Well you wouldnt be laughing if it was a different situation, different bastmen... I dont know, for example.. In test Series Pakistan Vs Australia... butt drops Watson for instance.. on 2* and goes on to make 200... It wouldnt be funny then would it. Its a serious issue, Needs to get sorted

Tu kia ab roona start ker doon?

after shoaib akhtar ... burst :) we need shahzaib short burst of 30 runs minimum from 20 balls ...

Umar Amin to announce his arrival to the world a-la-Umar Akmal :)

adzzy786 said:
Lol. Sorry Yaar, You Win, it was funny hina?? lol

Have tortured myself enough following Pakistan cricket for more than 2 decades. Now this indeed looks funny, rather than serious. :butt

1st ten overs will be crucial. If we can take advantage of them, then we have chance.

JeeraBlade said:
1st ten overs will be crucial. If we can take advantage of them, then we have chance.

thats y ... quick 30 needed atleast from shahzaib .. to release the pressure

Shahzeb's biggest test would be against Kula..His nip-backers have always been a handful against our batters..:akmal..

Akhtar's return, Afridi's captaincy, Razzaq's throw in rage, Pakistan's impending run chase...

Doesn't matter. The only image of this game which will stay with me is Butt's drop! Shocker.

Just stay at the wicket, score khud ba khud hojayega!

JeeraBlade said:
Two debutant, Butt and Malik????? I think, not!
The two debutants make me more optimistic, if anything.

Not a great fan of 'experienced' oldies!

Obligatory :))) @ :butt . Great comeback from sri lanka. The atmosphere from the crowd at the end was really something.

Lets just hope there's not a typical batting collapse.

Its anybodys game

Biggest threat IMO is going to be Slinga Malinga

Momo said:

same. amin looks a pretty tall guy and hoping to see him bat. especially against murali and malinga.

If they play like Markhors, I don't mind whether they win or lose. :imran

Bang out the middle first ball
Always a good feeling for a debutant

and Shahzaib has been send to face the music, first up. Butt shamelessly running away to face the opening bowler. This is where the seniority comes into play.....

First delivery played by Shahzeb! You guys will tell your grandchildren you saw Shahzeb play his first delivery!

These 1st 2 balls tell me that we might have a run-out on the cards. :shahzaib :butt

*sallu* said:
Bang out the middle first ball
Always a good feeling for a debutant

You would know. You debuted many times for many teams :p

ali110 said:
and Shahzaib has been send to face the music, first up. Butt shamelessly running away to face the opening bowler. This is where the seniority comes into play.....

adzzy786 said:
Salman Butt making the debutant take strike.

Maybe it hasn't crossed your mind but some people actually like facing first up??
Stop making assumptions

Another Pakistani player who runs down the pitch mindlessly after every ball.

Hasan just plants the front foot down the pitch and pokes. :))

*sallu* said:
Maybe it hasn't crossed your mind but some people actually like facing first up??
Stop making assumptions
I don't know about this but I know a certain player is scare of batting first up because of his terrible history of getting bowled in first over :butt

Momo said:
I was just talking about "debut" nervousness. I hope, they are not left out if they fail in this match and damaad comes in!

Momo said:
I am not either but it also depends of the oldies!

Buttah on strike to Malinga - Yorker first up. Butt late on it but survives.

Is it me or looks like Butt Sahab is making a debut here instead of Shahzaib......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back