Tour Game:Pakistan Vs Northamptonshire...Day 2 [Updates]

Afridi_Fan

Test Star
Runs
Post of the Week
Pakistan made a bad start as they lost the wicket of Younis Khan for 58 now they are 115/4

Iqbal on 13 and Akmal on 4

Seems like Faisal Iqbal has gone to sleep here 13* off 61 balls and Akmal has outscored him already

I was going to ask whether you enjoyed talking to yourself but it was more enjoyble just to hear the tumbleweed blow across........

pak should declare we know what akmal can do its all about giving the opening bowlers & batsmen a good run

pak4life said:
pak should declare we know what akmal can do its all about giving the opening bowlers & batsmen a good run

Come on you are talking too early to declare mate dont agree with you on that

It's a chance for Faisal to bolt down a place in the next game - so they won't declare until at least he is out.

Amoeba said:
It's a chance for Faisal to bolt down a place in the next game - so they won't declare until at least he is out.

Agree,but then who will make place for YK?

Is there really a need for a second thread just for a tour game? Just use the thread I made yesterday!

Afridi_Fan said:
Come on you are talking too early to declare mate dont agree with you on that

its only a three day match they need to let niazi get a few more overs under his belt and the openers to hopefuly play a long innings

Afridi_Fan said:
Agree,but then who will make place for YK?

One of the dynamic duo at the top - probably Butt saab.

Faisal Iqbal is Gone

Last wicket Faisal Iqbal lbw b Wigley 17 (103m 74b 3x4 0x6) sr: 22.97
fow: 142/5; partnership: 31 runs

Easa said:
Is there really a need for a second thread just for a tour game? Just use the thread I made yesterday!

Well i thought that was for day one mate..sorry

is it true ganguly came out to bat and once he reached the middle the Captain declared ?? LOL

So Taufeeq is now marginally ahead of all the contestants in Drop Idol!

If it goes on like this I may soon have to write to Lord James of Saville and say please Uncle Jimmy can I be a Pakistani Opener for the day. Actually now thinking about it that is probably how Butt got his chance!

The Wall said:
is it true ganguly came out to bat and once he reached the middle the Captain declared ?? LOL

LoL didnt hear that but if its true so yet another humiliation for Gangu against Pakistan

Very unimpressive knock from Iqbal.

17 of 74 balls. :|

Another unconvincing performance by Faisal in this match. Eating up 74 balls to make just 17 certainly does not suggest he was comfortable at the crease.

Afridi_Fan said:
LoL didnt hear that but if its true so yet another humiliation for Gangu against Pakistan

no its just another humiliation to add to his collection

Asalaam alikum Wr Wb Brothers;

4444 by janissar khan ! moves onto 12 runs, this guy no rabbit with the bat, he averages 25 at first class level with the bat.

Bilsher007 said:
Asalaam alikum Wr Wb Brothers;

4444 by janissar khan ! moves onto 12 runs, this guy no rabbit with the bat, he averages 25 at first class level with the bat.

He looks good so far

Akmal Gone Ganguly Strikes :O

Last wicket Kamran Akmal c Sales b Ganguly 38 (62m 58b 7x4 0x6) sr: 65.51
fow: 175/6; partnership: 33 runs

Afridi_Fan said:

LOL ganguly has turned the tables

Kamran Akmal c Sales b Ganguly 38

Kiran More "We picked ganguly because he is an ALLROUNDER" :)))

Plz stay in county cricket forever.... :D

I would love to see The Beast going on One 2 One on Dada but good for Dada that the beast is not playing

I don't believe it ! gangu teli dismisses kamran ! Another fine contribution from kamran as always but we would have liked to see him get a 100 today. Unfortunately not to be today for kamran. Fiasal iqbal really batted poorly, 17 runs off 74 balls is not acceptable against a county level bowling. Younis should have got 100 too but 58 runs is fine.

Last edited:
They are showing 6 down but Shahid Nazir all of a sudden disappeared from the score card..Is he gone too?

Hey guys everytime jannisar or iftikhar hit a boundary we will cheer like this :108: and when gangu teli gets hit for a boundary then we celebrate like this :55: ! Lets have fun and enjoy !

Two more boundaries for jannisar bhai and off gangu teli ! :55: , since it 2 consecutive boundaries off gangu teli..then another celebration way like this :125:

Anymore like this from Jannisar and he'll end up opening at OT. :D :))

Ah well he falls to the curse of prospective opener - next up Rao maybe he could open the batting at OT.

Thanks mate - well he currently heads up the leaderboard in Dross Idol at the halfway stage. That is of course unless Rao can push his case....

The Scores on the Doors:-

Jannisar Khan 31
Taufeeq Umar 29
Faisal Iqbal 17
Iftikhar Anjum 17
Arshad Khan 10
Salman Butt 4
Imran Farhat 4
Shahid Nazir 0

Good stuff from JAN-NISSAR khan bhai, i like the way he played. Too bad could'nt get his half century but a fine contribution. Now iftikhar and arshad should make atleast decent 30 runs to give pakistan a decent looking first innings scorecard.

In other news... Stuart Broad is currently on 63 from 76 balls for Leicestershire.

This pleases me.

We have a new leader in Dross Idol - Rao. So currently our openers for OT will be Umar / Jannisar and Rao. Not as bad as some!

Arshad gone runout for 23.

Raw unbeaten on 33 with three fours and a six.

250-9

Nice batting by the tailenders. Put up a pretty good score.

But no, it will be Salman Butt facing the first ball at OT (still).

meanwhile Yasir Arafat scores 67 runs in 75 balls and takes 5 wkts for 94 runs!! 2 of which were bowled, 2 of which were lbw and 1 caught!

Xzianghow© said:
Nice batting by the tailenders. Put up a pretty good score.

But no, it will be Salman Butt facing the first ball at OT (still).

& YK facing the second then?! :D :))

Yaar rana bhai, i think you and i should go on and bowl for pakistan. I am leg spinner so i will probably come on after shahid nazir, iftikhar anjum and jannissar khan have bowled. It's time to give pakistan some great service. Come on rana bhai join me ! :30:

Good start from Nazir and Rao!

Ganguly comes in!

Imran Farhat managed to hold onto a catch! :108:

WOW! Great start by Pakistani bowlers. Looks like each of them really wanna play at OT. But if I were them and was getting paid, why the hell would I play?

LOL Amoeba

Crapinfo's updates are amazingly slow!

Had India been playing...

Mercenary said:
meanwhile Yasir Arafat scores 67 runs in 75 balls and takes 5 wkts for 94 runs!! 2 of which were bowled, 2 of which were lbw and 1 caught!

One would hope that Pakistan believe that he is better off playing some proper competitive cricket and then call him up on the eve of the Test. However with the call-up of Rao - seems unlikely.

Bob chacha is on the computer right now researching scores...

meanwhile, Northants and Pakistanis have decided to take a mid over break...or is it just crapinfo?

RA White with a rapid 11, Northants move on to 30/3 in 7 overs.

THey were just 12/2...this is wierd...

Back