[VIDEOS] Is Shaheen Shah Afridi the best fast-bowler in the world right now?

Shaheen knows how to shine in first over but surprize to see what hassan ali is doing here.

1709831320509.jpeg

As Ian Pont mentioned during an exclusive interview with Saj, pace is not a concern; if he loses swing, that's concerning, and now it's happening.

XT7vfXj.png

Wasim Akram comments on Shaheen Shah Afridi's struggle in the death overs, he said:

"Shaheen is very experienced as a bowler; he is also the captain of our national team and now his is playing regularly for Pakistan, he attempted to bowl a length ball perhaps with the idea that it might go in cross. However, that's his comfort zone go fuller on length u might get hit a boundary on edge but go for it that's your strength,"

"I am sure this must be a learning curve for Shaheen as a bowler because throughout this PSL he struggled to defend well. In his initial bowling spell tonight he gave away four runs on the leg side while trying bowl fuller then he bowled fuller on the off side and conceded a boundary. Shaheen needs to learn quickly that everyone knows he will bowl 2 or 3 deliveries on a fuller length to attempt yorkers,"

"If you look at Shaheen's death overs stats during the 16th to 20th over his bowling economy is around 11. This means that when he comes to bowl his last 2 overs he gives at least 11 runs per over. I think he has bowled 13 overs and given away 148 runs so far, it's not a worrying sign for a bowler however he should be looking into how he can improve,"

"I believe it's time for Shaheen to learn the back-of-the-hand delivery."

Shaheen Afridi's numbers from last season, how many wickets will he take this time in The Hundred 2024?

ZlJ4o8Y.jpeg

Started the series with a ripper!

Stunning ball.

Gotta feel bad for Tim Robinson. Imagine that it’s your debut game and the whole day it’s been raining on and off. Finally it’s decided there will be 5 overs of play and you’re exited for your opportunity. Then in the second ball you get hit with this beauty, lose your wicket, and then the rain starts pouring down immediately and the game ends.

Shaheen Afridi has achieved a remarkable milestone in T20 cricket, claiming the record for the most first-over wickets in the format.

Afridi achieved this feat during the first match of the T20I series between Pakistan and New Zealand in Rawalpindi, when he dismissed Tim Robinson in the opening over of the series opener.

Afridi's tally of 47 first-over wickets puts him at the top of the list, surpassing other notable bowlers in the process. He leads the pack with 47 wickets, followed closely by India's Bhuvneshwar Kumar with 46 wickets. Pakistan's Mohammad Amir is third on the list with 43 wickets, while England's David Willey rounds out the top four with 42 first-over wickets.

Shaheen Afridi has achieved a remarkable milestone in T20 cricket, claiming the record for the most first-over wickets in the format.

Afridi achieved this feat during the first match of the T20I series between Pakistan and New Zealand in Rawalpindi, when he dismissed Tim Robinson in the opening over of the series opener.

Afridi's tally of 47 first-over wickets puts him at the top of the list, surpassing other notable bowlers in the process. He leads the pack with 47 wickets, followed closely by India's Bhuvneshwar Kumar with 46 wickets. Pakistan's Mohammad Amir is third on the list with 43 wickets, while England's David Willey rounds out the top four with 42 first-over wickets.

I have never seen any bowler use the first over ball as effectively as Shaheen does... he makes the ball speak early on but he really needs to improve his death bowling capabilities. Fix the grammar.

Shaheen's addiction and over reliance on that full blooded inswinger only works on C-D level batsmen or Minnows.

Rohit, Gill, Kohli after facing him in 1-2 innings have not only gotten on top of that delivery but have smashed Shaheen all over the park.

Unless Shaheen develops a consistent outswinger which he can mix up and control at will consistently, his returns will be less than Bhumra.

Shaheen is on top again! No other player has more first-over wickets in T20 cricket than Shaheen Afridi

1713570194205.png

Back to bowling 125 kph pies. I told everyone the PSL speed guns were faulty no one believed me lol.

He’s finished and has been since his injury

But gets a wicket.
Lucky wicket and against a New Zealand B team. Will get carted in world t20 and will be the end of him. He’s become a chaminda Vaas at best.

Will hover around 128 kph for rest of his career with odd delivery exceeding 130.

The trademark yorker of our very own Shaheen Shah Afridi makes him the top wicket-taker for Pakistan in the 2nd T20I against New Zealand, with figures of 3/13 in 3.1 overs.

Lucky wicket and against a New Zealand B team. Will get carted in world t20 and will be the end of him. He’s become a chaminda Vaas at best.

Will hover around 128 kph for rest of his career with odd delivery exceeding 130.
This isn't even NZ b team lol, that was last year. This isn't even c or d team. Besides Chapman or neesham, they fetched these lads from the servant quarters.

Back to bowling 125 kph pies. I told everyone the PSL speed guns were faulty no one believed me lol.

He’s finished and has been since his injury
I never saw those comments, but if I did, I'd be bookmarking em, shabash and cheetah prediction.

Can't believe psl lied to us.

Why are so many women crying today, didn’t Pak win; Shaheen got the MOM as well

Shaheen and Amir are the best in the business that we have for swing bowling.

os11aZK.png

He might not be the best one out there but he is gradually moving towards the top.

In the latest ICC Men’s T20I Player Rankings, Shaheen Shah Afridi has reclaimed his position as Pakistan’s top-rated T20I bowler. His impressive performance in the ongoing home series against New Zealand, where he is the leading wicket-taker after the first three matches, has propelled him up two places to 17th in the overall T20I bowlers’ rankings.​

Old enough to remember when Umar Gul was G of the AAG attack :ROFLMAO:

Looking back, poor pak fans were building up a bowler who was arguably a LESSER bowler than Ishant Sharma.

Shaheen has the same vibes. All down hill from here.

If he's not good at Tests, no one will remember him in 5 years sorry, no one remembers good pefrormances in T20, IF HE CANT BOWL OVER 130KPH in Tests, wont be long untill he is dropped

No early wickets today. Does this mean only Shaheen can deliver for Pakistan?

They can't win the match without Shaheen, that's why they included him in the playing XI for the 5th T20I against New Zealand

Pakistan captain Babar Azam speaking about Shaheen Afridi and rotation policy in post-series presser:

“I had said before that Shaheen Shah Afridi is the best bowler and he knows how to make a comeback. Bad days do come, but he is mentally strong and whatever he does with dedication is evident to everyone. He is a fighter, and the way he has made a comeback and given us wickets at crucial times, I, as a captain, am happy with such performances. Unfortunately, you have seen that Mohammad Rizwan has become unfit. Our plan was to rotate, but we know that we are struggling in the middle overs. You have seen that we have sometimes sent Shadab Khan up the order, and sometimes Iftikhar Ahmed, we have given Usman Khan a proper opportunity to consolidate. However, our main concern is the middle order. We have made changes up and will keep on doing”

Back