3rd ODI: England v Pakistan (Eng innings)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naved apperars to be injured, I don't mean to sound cruel but this may be a blessing in disguise for Pakistan.

End of over 25 (wicket maiden) - England 125/4

JWM Dalrymple 0* (4b) Shoaib Akhtar 7-1-32-2
PD Collingwood 10* (12b 2x4)

Possible bowling change now... Afridi maybe for a change of pace? Ah yes, here he comes. Let's see how he skids them through today

24.6 Shoaib Akhtar to Dalrymple, no run, the most convincing shot from Dalrymple so far, turning his bat over that one and helping it to midwicket. But what a great over from Shoaib, a wicket maiden - pretty rare currency in these kind of matches of course. Top bowling and top captaincy

24.5 Shoaib Akhtar to Dalrymple, no run, the batsman plays it late, jamming his bat on it just in time

24.4 Shoaib Akhtar to Dalrymple, no run, that one flies away too wide to be of interest to a relieved Dalrymple

24.3 Shoaib Akhtar to Dalrymple, no run, ooooh, attempted yorker swings back in and misses the off stump by that much and the first an astonished, worried Dalrymple knows of it is when he hears the thud in Akmal's gloves. That was hostile and the ball's reversing nicely here. Expect more fireworks
Dalrymple comes to the crease

24.2 Shoaib Akhtar to Bell, OUT, drives a sharp catch to point on the up. Full of length and that was a thick outside edge. Great decision from Inzamam to bring Shoaib back - it's already paid dividends, dismissing Bell just when he was showing real touch there
IR Bell c Mohammad Hafeez b Shoaib Akhtar 42 (107m 66b 3x4 0x6) sr: 63.63

24.1 Shoaib Akhtar to Bell, no run, ooh! Lovely! Shoaib bangs in a bouncer which has Bell's head nearly touching his toes as he arcs sharply out of the line of that one

MASHALLAH...that was a excellent over, bowled superbly by shoaib akhter. Excellent piece of captaincy. :19:

Now pakistan needs collingwood, dalrmple, clarke and read to be dismissed quickly INSHALLAH.

rana fielding bad, has got himself injure.......... what has been awful awful here

evertonfan said:
Naved apperars to be injured, I don't mean to sound cruel but this may be a blessing in disguise for Pakistan.

Hope its not serious. Rana is important to us

Pakistani tigers said:
ammarz what u mean cleaning the ball?
well someone thought there was something being done to the ball and that is what the cameras were following shoaib. he was just cleaning up the ball thats about all. nothing dodgy

Did anyone see Shoaib scratching the ball with his nails? My mate alerted me and I jsut realized it...

Pepsi™ said:
Did anyone see Shoaib scratching the ball with his nails? My mate alerted me and I jsut realized it...

sky trying there best to find somethiing looking bad..

Akhtar was only cleaning/shining the bowl..

Run off Hafeez's first ball.

Another run off his second ball.

more pictures of shoaib being shown, looks a bit suspicious, but impossible to tell what exactly he's doing

Its difficult to say really. I dont think he would want to scratch the ball after all that has happened

Noman said:
sky trying there best to find somethiing looking bad..

Akhtar was only cleaning/shining the bowl..

No man, he was using his nail

What an idiot, Shoaib dont need attact any attention. If he was cleaning he was supposed to show the ball to umpire. Now he will get banned for this atleast last 2 games. Mark my words.

Last edited:
uts look very suspicious,,, but I dont think he was trying to sctrah the bowl...
just trying to clean it

if he was scratching it he would have had a few digs at it. not just one slight movement and that is about all. come on that is really stupid to suggest that he was scratching the ball.

Whatever it is, it looks very suspicious. But why would he do that? Pakistan were rolling!!!

i cud swear Akhtar has been accused of ball tampering before??

ammarz said:
if he was scratching it he would have had a few digs at it. not just one slight movement and that is about all. come on that is really stupid to suggest that he was scratching the ball.
..why wut he do that,, the bowl was reverse swing.... no need to strach it... I think he just trying to clean the bowl....

apparently most of you have never handled a hard ball.....what shoaib did there is perfectly fine...as shown he only did it once...there was a lot of green grass in that area of the ball....instead of using his other hand he just used his thumb so scrape some of that grass off....

England won't be looking at more then 270. They don't have wickets in hand, and they need 6.2 an over from here to get it

Noman said:
..why wut he do that,, the bowl was reverse swing.... no need to strach it... I think he just trying to clean the bowl....
err i didnt say he scratched it. read my post again. I said "IF"
for me he was cleaning it up/

Rana said:
i cud swear Akhtar has been accused of ball tampering before??

Yes he has been punished before for ball-tampering. But this time he is alright I think

Ammarz, cleaning is beside the point. Say if he was scratching, why would he do it

What is this rubbish about tampering ?. The ball has been hit around by england, it's not always necessary that the ball would only reverse swing after 30 or 35 overs. The white ball does get old quickly too. Pakistan need to avoid giving easy singles and twos. Need to get colly, dalrmple, clarke and read out fast INSHALLAH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back