6th ODI: New Dehli - 2nd inning discussion thread [17/04/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIG

PakPassion Administrator
Runs
304 the target.

India have work cut out, can Sehwag do an Afridi ?

despite the fact that we should have made 330, the fact remains that the 2 boundaries rana naveed hit in the last overwill be really costly for india..

we crossed 300 when we shouldn't have, and psychologically it will hamper the indians a bit...

its like the few boundaries zaheer khan and co hit in the last 2 overs in the first ODi when india were looking to score no more than 265, and ended up with 281..

this still must have done some damage.

personally the ball is getting swing

rana and rao must use this

rana can certainly and hopefully use the fact that there is swing..but im not sure how much rao can swing.

new ball didn't swing much for india, its the older ball that was doing the trick.

still, need a tidy start, keep things quiet and hope sehwag makes a mistake. india i think will gamble with dhoni again at 3, so better watch for early fireworks.

We need to restrict them to 302 or less... then we will definitely win...

i think dravid did really well to keep men in the circle in the middle overs, saved 15-20 odd runs i feel. lets hope we've done enough with the bat.

MenInGreen said:

Nothing is definite in this world mate. Crowd trouble or even bad light/rain can mean a shorter game and a smaller total.

Marooned said:
MenInGreen said:

Nothing is definite in this world mate. Crowd trouble or even bad light/rain can mean a shorter game and a smaller total.

X) X) X) X)

304 is a big target early wickets of sehwag and srt should give us the match and series. we need tight bowling from rao.

Guys while we are waiting, would you be interested in a crossword puzzle for the week, centered around events and postings of the week ? I will put it up in the suggestions forum but give it a thought.

Basically, I will put up an image of a puzzle in the TimePass every week and the first one with the correct solution wins the comp

Sehwag plumb leg before not given by Koertzen.

Good Morning Ritchie...morning everybody.

I can see Rao Iftikar Anjum being our match-loser!

udg00168 said:
zushy_786 said:
Gasherbrum said:
oh gosh, caught of a no ball says cricinfo, my video off
Yes Sehwag was caught behind but Rana bowled a no-ball.....
caught behind?!
he was caught in covers off a no ball

he has given his chance ... now all v epxpect is a 100 frm hiim
:((

We need to get Sehwag in the next few overs!

actually cricinfo saying sehwag chipped it purposely to malik because he saw that it was a no-ball

If we don't get Sehwag out soon than this match will be over in the 40th over

Yoyo misfields and gives away 3 runs! These are precious runs! Sehwag already up to 15!

we need some wkts

actually all this bad umpireing maybe they have been paid as well

Pak bowlers bowling the wrong line. A heavily packed off side field, yet both have been bowling on leg stump.

Paid by the bookies or BCCI to put the match in India's favour that could be a possibility of fixing in favour of india......

India on target here - this will not be an easy total to defend unless something spectacular happens...

pakistan need shewag out now....! otherwise india will be around the 100 mark after 15 overs if he stays in

Saj said:
Pak bowlers bowling the wrong line. A heavily packed off side field, yet both have been bowling on leg stump.

The reason for that there is strong wind blowing..... probably arun lal is commentating thats why lot of hot air ,,,

He needs to improve further or Inzi should take him out. Or Younis actually. He needs to be ruthless!

Hafeez fielding where he dropped Sehwag in the 1st ODI ?

tahaqureshi said:
how has rana been bowling? good line? any swing like last game?

Rana Naveed is bowling well.... 2 overs 11 runs.... Unlucky in 1st over where there were few close calls to get Sehwag out.... Too early to tell but its swinging a little bit not too much....

5.2 Iftikhar to Tendulkar, no run, comes down the track and goes for a big heave over midwicket, totally missed it

:))) :)))

2 balls left for rao and sehwag on strike..hope he only takes a single and not boundary

Rao comes back with a very good over. Just 2 from it. Well done Rao.

Rao settling in or Indians too cautious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back