Australia v Pakistan | 1st Test - Day 4 | MCG | 29/12/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you bowl Ajmal - then give him a close fielder or 2

He might come down and get stumped, you never know.

Bechara if he goes to lunch not on a hundred those will be the most difficult 40 minutes of his life

How will Watson spend these next 40 minutes?

:))) :))) :))) lovin' it!!!! watching Watson squirm and churn like that....hahahahaha

Should have bowled a fuller doosra, would have been nice to see how he'd have dealt with it.

Good over by Saeed Ajmal!

It's lunch now. Overall, the good session for Pakistan especially Aamer with his fifer performance, and kept Johnson and Watson in under pressure by Rauf and Asif consistently.

Dare i say this is good session for Pakistan?

Good session for PAk, picked up some wickets and kept the scoring rate down

Nervous lunch or what. I think 1 wkt and then we can run through the tail and the pitch is looking excellent and playing very well.

Remember guys even if the score is "too big to chase" look how much time the bowlers have taken away! Australia will bat another session.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z3qVl8Gb2J4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z3qVl8Gb2J4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

seriously what is the difference between 99 & 100 apart from one run players just make too much of it

Aussies fear pace
We've seen that with Kemar Roach for the West Indies, Shoaib Akthar ripping through their batting line up and now Aamer

I really hope Watson gets out on 99. That would be so wonderful to watch.

pak4life said:
seriously what is the difference between 99 & 100 apart from one run players just make too much of it
difference would bragging right. When he gets out at 99, go and ask Watson how he feels:)

I hate to say it, but the match is lost. No way can our players play out a whole day's play.

Australia may have the advantage but what a session for Pakistan.

I thoroughly enjoyed every moment.

Haha well done on stopping watson cant stand the guy yes he's in good form but comes across an idiot to me if you want your 100 so badly then hit the ball and stop whining its always been a batsman game yet he gets a little frustrated and starts whinging like a baby!

Last edited:
cricfan967 said:
Aussies fear pace
We've seen that with Kemar Roach for the West Indies, Shoaib Akthar ripping through their batting line up and now Aamer
may be Sami should plat in 2nd test in place of Rauf

cricfan967 said:
Aussies fear pace

What did Raoch average in the series 45-50 cant remember but it was somewhere in that range.

Fish said:
What did Raoch average in the series 45-50 cant remember but it was somewhere in that range.

Yeah but how many wickets did he get?
Who's arm did he almost fracture?

Slickman said:
Haha well done on stopping watson cant stand the guy yes he's in good form but comes across an idiot to me if you want your 100 so badly then hit the ball and stop whining its always been a batsman game yet he gets a little frustrated and starts whinging like a baby!

He would hit the ball but it seems Pak bowlers are a bit scared of putting the ball near him, probably because he is scoring so many runs.

don1990 said:
An interesting session, 81 runs scored for 3 wickets

i would love to see the next session in the same way

80 runs and 3 wickets

so Pak have 4 session to play!

Fish said:
He would hit the ball but it seems Pak bowlers are a bit scared of putting the ball near him, probably because he is scoring so many runs.

No? They are putting the ball away because they want him to play a rash shot and get out. That and the more balls he doesn't play the better it is for Pakistan when they bat.

cricfan967 said:
Yeah but how many wickets did he get?
Who's arm did he almost fracture?

He didnt get enough wickets and with an average of fifty you dont want to get many wickets.

Who smashed him for 19 runs of one over with a almost broke elbow.

Chuffed said:
It'd be good if he declared now......

hmm why?

i mean if he dec little later to hamare leye acha hai we dont have to play that much and may there is a chance of Draw!

Fish said:

Not too sure about that. He should learn from our boys, they'd teach him how to chase a wide one.

cricfan967 said:
No? They are putting the ball away because they want him to play a rash shot and get out. That and the more balls he doesn't play the better it is for Pakistan when they bat.

Thats what I mean, the bowlers cant get him out and are to scared to attack and are hoping he will get out by himself.

germanboy said:
hmm why?

i mean if he dec little later to hamare leye acha hai we dont have to play that much and may there is a chance of Draw!

The century jinx, it would still stand.

i think we will be batting in next session. We will start somewhere around half way mark. Lead of 400 is more than enough for the aussies.

Fish said:
Thats what I mean, the bowlers cant get him out and are to scared to attack and are hoping he will get out by himself.

Well in this kind of a flat wicket that is pretty much the only good plan you can have in this kind of a situation. They need to stall. :akhtar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back