Australia v Pakistan | 1st Test - Day 4 | MCG | 29/12/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
*sallu* said:
Watson's mom in tears
You gotta love it

I for a moment really thought he deserved that luck. atleast for the mom and dad factor if not for anything else. :danish

insaaniyat said:
com'n yaar easy catch. If rauf can't catch those, he better not me in the team. Stop blaming Moyo for everything, please:)

Valid point :14:

*syed59* said:
Actually for yousuf it doesnt seem important to use up a minute and get the right guy at that position...he just brings them from deep third man or point nd puts them there uselessly...

I have never seen fast bowlers fielding in the point position until recently in NZ and Aus tour.

They are typically in 3rd man boundary or mid on/off position.

Aussies still not batting for the declaration

Well it is RAuf's fault - after all he did drop it BUT Moyo shouldnt have put him there in the 1st place!!!

How many front line bowlers field in such a pivitol position?

*syed59* said:
I for a moment really thought he deserved that luck. atleast for the mom and dad factor if not for anything else. :danish
What about the tears of :moyo....!!!

:p

I wonder why Sami wasn't in place of Gul, I think I saw him on day 1 so he should have been available for selection :S

Oxy said:
Well it is RAuf's fault - after all he did drop it BUT Moyo shouldnt have put him there in the 1st place!!!

I mean it doesn't matter if hes a fast bowler or not
If he was a decent fielder like Anderson or Sami I would have no problems

But really someone like Rauf who is in shambles even on good days should be only on Midon/Third man/Fine leg

And btw, you did him a big favour there calling him a front line bowler

Oxy said:

I will blame Rauf front line bowler or not, he should have made that catch. Yaar this is international cricket he is playing.

insaaniyat said:
I will blame Rauf front line bowler or not, he should have made that catch. Yaar this is international cricket he is playing.
Yeah,definitely it was a simple catch,didnt require special catching skills..

insaaniyat said:
com'n yaar easy catch. If rauf can't catch those, he better not me in the team. Stop blaming Moyo for everything, please:)
he is a fast bowler who are the worst fielders in the team and do not stand close to the bat because it requires quick reflexes/motion which they have a hard time because they are lanky.

If you take your logic then Misbah, Farhat and Umar should also be out of the team as they have dropped equally easy chances as well.

Captain's job is to put the best player in the right position of field. If the fielder fails then it is fielder's fault but in this case the correct fielders was not in the point position.

iafzal said:
he is a fast bowler who are the worst fielders in the team and do not stand close to the bat because it requires quick reflexes/motion which they have a hard time because they are lanky.

If you take your logic then Misbah, Farhat and Umar should also be out of the team as they have dropped equally easy chances as well.

Captain's job is to put the best player in the right position of field. If the fielder fails then it is fielder's fault but in this case the correct fielders was not in the point position.
i was waiting for it. Captain's job is also to lead the team and not quit in the last minute.

expecting pakistan to grab 100% of catches is same thing as we would expect them to survive 4th inning

iafzal said:

i was about to post this..thanks man... :14:

Congratulation to Aamer on his five-wicket haul, so far, in the Aus second innings.

Don't the Pak team ever take catching practice???? Ghee fingered lot!

Moyo not wanting to bowl them out. Wasting as much time as possible. Ozzies won't mind that. We were bowled out in 99 overs in the first innings. It'll take less than that on a wearing wicket

insaaniyat said:
give moyo a break...how many player does he have to hide.butt imran faisal ajmal all of them are bad fielders

It would be interesting to see how much Watson's drop catch will cost us? Uner 400 would have been a good target to chase.

Pakistan batted for 99 overs in 1st innings. @145 overs left in the match --- Ponting should declare in next 15-10 overs otherwise it may be a little hard for Australia to get us out.

JeeraBlade said:
Pakistan batted for 99 overs in 1st innings. @145 overs left in the match --- Ponting should declare in next 15-10 overs otherwise it may be a little hard for Australia to get us out.

Good point, exactly what I was thinking. The more they play the better :inzi

sultanator said:
Hauritz did well 1st innings so I'm sensing a lead of 450 without declaration
Hauritz is still lucky to be there..he seems clueless against Aamir..

6 were dropped of aamer bowling in SL tour.....god knows how many in NZ .....maybe more than Sl....and now 2 here...what more can a bowler do

sultanator said:
That little Sky Sports montage.............I'm pissed off again!

Its a CHannel 9 montage - nothing to do with Sky Sports

captaan sahab should just preserve Aamer from now on... no point of him bowling now when they are almost in slogging mode... Asif and ajmal should be good enough to take wickets,...even rauf i feel.

luvthegame said:
if ponting has guts..he will declare..or will he wait for hauritz to make a 100...

I despair at the level of intelligence of some Pak posters!

If Pak batting had guts, we wouuldnt be in this situation.

insaaniyat said:
Stop blaming Moyo :) it hurts doesn't it?
As you have said so many time why talk about people who are NOT in the team. So lets talk about people who are responsible for setting field. Last time I checked it was Moyo.

*syed59* said:
captaan sahab should just preserve Aamer from now on... no point of him bowling now when they are almost in slogging mode... Asif and ajmal should be good enough to take wickets,...even rauf i feel.
No A.Rauf plz..:pissed:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back