Australia v Pakistan | 1st Test - Day 4 | MCG | 29/12/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking that if we open with Kamran Akmal that can make things interesting if he can play till the end of today's play....

We missed a real chance to get Watson out at 99. This would have put a mental block on all Aus players in the 90s for rest of the series.

I think we should start off aggressively, put them on the back foot. If anything goes wrong, resort to the tuk-tuk.

i must say impressive bowling by Pakistan. we not only kept them at 225 with 8 wickets but also wasted a lot of overs. It helps us in case we are too close to draw the game. Don't forget 6 overs will be wasted today because we are at 12.5 overs per hour :D. So we will lose at least 6 overs unless Aussies bowl with spinners.

Rauf should have taken the catch though!

50 overs left in the day............. would be in pakistan's favor if they end the day with min. 8 wickets in hand. Anything less would be hopeless.

if we can be batting in the fifth day ..thats more than we achieved than the last series against OZ, where we lost all matches within 4 days!

sali - conditions are good right now, bright and sunny. I think we should start off well. I am predicting any score around 180/1 or 2 in 45 overs will be a good ending for us.

Last edited:
A bit of an arrogant declaration...but knowing Pakistan's batting it will still result in a win none the less..

We have the confidence and strength to pull off this impossible. This is after all Pakistan Cricket. Always expect the unexpected.

Bismillah Hir rehman Nir raheem :)

First target to survive first session without any lose

Cheguvera said:
A bit of an arrogant declaration...but knowing Pakistan's batting it will still result in a win none the less..

I don't think it's arrogant. If he would have declared at 350 or so with more than a day and a half remaing, then I would have considered it arrogant. I think with over 400 to chase, it is definitely in Australia's favor to win the match.

Cheguvera said:

Yes, Ponting asserting his team's superiority, or, saving Pakistan from possible further drop-catch humiliation!!!

think positive play also your shots but leave delvries which are just outside of stumps

Last edited:
Very symmetrical. Both of our inngs start with a 1st ball edge

Looks a featherbed. Could be a good chase. Not involving these openers, however.

Cheguvera said:

Good for us, hope Pointing keep the arrogance up and leaves the door open!

Cheguvera said:

what about the first inning 454-5?

I really wish Pak can make a match of it.

Is it just me......... cos Hauritz seemed more settled against Aamer/Asif than Imran Frahat here against Bollinger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back