Australia v Pakistan | 3rd test - 4th day | Hobart | 17/1/10

On_the_up

ODI Debutant
Runs
Another session and a half of leather chasing, a dropped catch, some good bowling followed by some kamakaze batting to follow (when Pakistan are batting)

Stay tuned....

i was searching the match thread just a minute ago..... lolz seems like everyone is disappointed no one wanna watch this match

Aussies will probably declare when they have a 400 run lead.

by the way what's the weather condition there? i heard it will be rainy during last two days

its.raja said:
by the way what's the weather condition there? i heard it will be rainy during last two days

Ponting will surely look at the weather forecast more so than the scorecard to determine when to declare.

insaaniyat said:
I think they will declare around 450

Ponting can probably afford to be a little bolder in his decision because the series is in the bag. I agree with Usama that Ponting might declare closer to 400 than 500.

insaaniyat said:
I think they will declare around 450

My estimation is based on the weather and the fact that this pitch is flat. He will need to entice our batsmen into thinking that they can achieve this target if his team is to bowl us out.

If our batsman go into a shell, it'll become really tough to dislodge them on this pitch.

kingusama92 said:
My estimation is based on the weather and the fact that this pitch is flat. He will need to entice our batsmen into thinking that they can achieve this target if his team is to bowl us out.

If our batsman go into a shell, it'll become really tough to dislodge them on this pitch.
I have seen us getting out faster when we go in our shell. Our players just don't know when to be defensive and when to play attacking cricket. Prime example is the 2nd test. we lost because we rushed to make runs. However you may be right about the weather factor.

HAHAHAHA... Sure it will

kingusama92 said:

Whatever the target is, Pakistan need to be positive and try to chase when we come out to bat. If we are positive, we'll score a few runs even if we came up short in the end. Going into shell will only accelerate our demise.

Does anyone know when the rain is forcasted today, morning afternoon or evening session?

Overcast conditions will help the Ozzies swing it, could be over today this.

kingusama92 said:
Aussies will probably declare when they have a 400 run lead.

I agree with you Usama , I think Australia will give us target of 400 or 425 .because they know we cant score that many runs .But it will be fun if we go for target .

If they really put their foot down, and go at 5 an over, 30 overs is all that's needed. 277+ 150 = 427. Just after lunch.

On_the_up said:
If they really put their foot down, and go at 5 an over, 30 overs is all that's needed. 277+ 150 = 427. Just after lunch.

Our batsmen should go on aggressively after the score. There is nothing to lose with whatever we get. Worst that can happen has already happened thrice before so why not die fighting.

Expecting to see more g4y field settings and negative bowling today.

Ponting will declare with a 450 midway through the second session.

Declarataion when there are 110-120 overs left in match. I didn't check how many overs Pakistan batted for in first innings but it is probably close to 100 as Pakistan scored 300 runs. That 100 overs were with runouts of MoYo and Umar Akmal. They will think almost same overs required because more pressure on Pakistan and Day 5 pitch

I think our batting is so good at what they do that the rain doesn't stand a chance of ruining this game.

We can still win this, we have nothing to lose anyways so should try getting them out as soon as possible with aggressive bowling than go after the target without being bogged down. :moyo

So InshaAllah Pakistan can still win this

12thMan said:
Declarataion when there are 110-120 overs left in match. I didn't check how many overs Pakistan batted for in first innings but it is probably close to 100 as Pakistan scored 300 runs. That 100 overs were with runouts of MoYo and Umar Akmal. They will think almost same overs required because more pressure on Pakistan and Day 5 pitch

Although I doubt our last two wickets will put up as much of a fight this time around.

Kami and Haddin having another chit chat and Haddin just smiling away to whatever Kami seems to be saying :p

insaaniyat said:
they will get the lead of 450 and declare

So you reckon 450 - The way they're going so far I'd probably still stick to 500 unless we can bowl exceptionally well somehow!

The whole management is to be held responsible for this attitude of Pakistani cricketers on this tour so far!

Not watching the match - how is Pakistan's attitude this morning? More of the same?

Omar Malik said:
The whole management is to be held responsible for this attitude of Pakistani cricketers on this tour so far!

I agree somewhat, however, its the players who actually play on the pitch, and their minds are under their own control

Salaam Guys :D

Kya Hora hai?

Aus 98/8 yet? :).......Siddles still to bat

Why does Aamer love to bowl short? Pitch it up lad!

Commentator: "We might see some LBW's in the second innings.......the second Pakstani innings"...thats embarrassing

Omar Malik said:
if anyone to blame. blame must be on YK. Now just image, if YK didn't resign, who would be leading the side here. Why is YK being spared for jumping the sinking ship?. lol. so much double standard here. Moyo can do what he can. He is not a good captain for sure, but he was given the captaincy so live with it. Probably this is his last series as a captain and then we will bring on the quitter again. Just pathetic

TalhaSyed said:
Commentator: "We might see some LBW's in the second innings.......the second Pakstani innings"...thats embarrassing

With the uneven bounce and a few keeping low they're likely to be LBW's and bowled rather than caught at slip or gully!

I think he means because its staying down, lbws and bowled will come into the equation.

Pakistan have got Punter right back into form. He'll score a hundred or two in the ODI series.

insaaniyat said:
if anyone to blame. blame must be on YK. Now just image, if YK didn't resign, who would be leading the side here. Why is YK being spared for jumping the sinking ship?. lol. so much double standard here. Moyo can do what he can. He is not a good captain for sure, but he was given the captaincy so live with it. Probably this is his last series as a captain and then we will bring on the quitter again. Just pathetic

Fair thing but how is it justified to actually accuse the guy who lead the side to a WC win even though its a T20 WC still it is a WC win and then a few months down the line he's asked to come to a meeting and explain as to what happened when they lost in the CT. Is this a way to treat someone who just lead the national team to a WC victory a few months before the team lost?! Any sensible person would not want to stay incharge if such allegations are thrown at you!

Omar Malik said:
With the uneven bounce and a few keeping low they're likely to be LBW's and bowled rather than caught at slip or gully!

Yes i get that but its embarasing that he had to add "in the Pakistan innings"..the ball is staying low right now aswell but he doesnt think that pak can get the LBWs

When is Ponting gonna declare, comon Ponting make a sporting dec now.
Taunt us... 312 to win... comon Ponting.

TalhaSyed said:
Yes i get that but its embarasing that he had to add "in the Pakistan innings"..the ball is staying low right now aswell but he doesnt think that pak can get the LBWs
No, its because its only going to get worse later on therefore Pakistan will have to bat in the conditions where its staying lowest hence more likely to be out lb/bowled.

Insanyat bhai if you are managing(or running) a company you need people who are working under you right behind you.If that is not the case you get rid of em or leave yourself. YK wanted to get rid of this talentless bunch but he couldn't so he had no option but go.Blame lies with PCB for not backing man in charge.

Last edited:
Omar Malik said:
Fair thing but how is it justified to actually accuse the guy who lead the side to a WC win even though its a T20 WC still it is a WC win and then a few months down the line he's asked to come to a meeting and explain as to what happened when they lost in the CT. Is this a way to treat someone who just lead the national team to a WC victory a few months before the team lost?! Any sensible person would not want to stay incharge if such allegations are thrown at you!
It's your point of view. My only argument is that Moyo is getting a lot crap here. We just need to be fair. He is not a good captain I will agree hundred times. What I see here is that anythign goes wrong wit hpakistani team it is blamed on moyo while on the other hand it's players fault, dasti;s fault etc when it came to YK. Anyway I said my too bits:) thats all. I just feel sorry for Moyo.

Australia going wild now, they're playing slog over style. They could declare in under an hour if this keeps going.

saeed-sohail said:
Insanyat bhai if you are managing(or running) a company you need people who are working under you right behind you.If that is not the case you get rid of em or leave yourself. YK wanted to get rid of this talentless bunch but he couldn't so he had no option but go.Blame lies with PCB for not backing man in charge.
That is my point blame it on PCB. But YK is no saint, like it or not. :) But please spare Moyo:)) We are not fair and balanced here. PCB should have made Afridi the captain

444444444 for Ponting.. thats a ODI shot, dabbed over the slips.

Back