Draft #3 - Tests (post-1970 players)

I can bet that bhaijaan would have bet on Umar Akmal if this draft was taking place in 2009 and said hope is a great thing. Sometimes I wish I had the guts and courage like him. Pcchh..

To tell you the truth, I had Umar's name written in my notes even for this draft.

I back my talent.

I don't bother to check stats.

The game needs better managers and captains

Hope is a great thing, sometimes the best of things. We all had hope on #1 Indian team to at least draw a test in New Zealand, didn't we? How many runs did the young Shaw make? Did he survive the new ball spell by Boult at least? No, right? What makes you think he can survive the likes of Johnson - let along McGraths and Marshalls?

Shaw played well bro(compared to others) , even scored a half century.
But as of now he isn't worth enough to get picked in mumbai ranji x1 let alone world x1.

Unfortunately no one has. Because he hasn't played enough yet. Whatever I've seen of him was in New Zealand earlier this year. Let me trust my eyes more than your words this time. What say bhaijaan?

What are you even saying. He was in NZ already and smashing runs as part of India A when India were playing LOIs.

Of course I am an Indian so I know better for our players I give you benefit of doubt.

Having said that i might have even watched more of Pakistan cricket than you

But as of now he isn't worth enough to get picked in mumbai ranji x1 let alone world x1.

I'm not against Shaw bro. I hope the young guy flourishes. But we're playing this draft in 2020 June. And I know my bowlers are enough to get him out in a couple of overs without any issues.

He is picked for Indian cricket team
It's the highest honour and he's earned his cap.

If the guy is good enough to represent India, at that time the #1 ranked cricket team and chrre fly #2-3 then he is good enough to be pary of an online draft like this.

What are you even saying. He was in NZ already and smashing runs as part of India A when India were playing LOIs.

Of course I am an Indian so I know better for our players I give you benefit of doubt.

Having said that i might have even watched more of Pakistan cricket than you

Why did I miss them? Oh yes, because they're warm ups and not accounted as international matches. Anyway, thanks for the pointer.

I'm not against Shaw bro. I hope the young guy flourishes. But we're playing this draft in 2020 June. And I know my bowlers are enough to get him out in a couple of overs without any issues.

Which bowlers? :))

Johnson who had one good Ashes?

Rabada who was a nobody in India?

I will ask Shoaib to induce a thumb fracture on Rabada :akhtar so Bhaijaan XI can effortlessly cruise their way to 600-700 total.

You picked Shane Warne and we are probably the only team in this draft that will not just neutralize Warne but destroy him.

Which bowlers? :))

Johnson who had one good Ashes?

Rabada who was a nobody in India?

I will ask Shoaib to induce a thumb fracture on Rabada :akhtar so Bhaijaan XI can effortlessly cruise their way to 600-700 total.

You picked Shane Warne and we are probably the only team in this draft that will not just neutralize Warne but destroy him.

Bhaijaan, are you saying Johnson, Rabada, Warne supported by Watson & Stokes - I still have 2 more picks to make - will get destroyed by Shaw? I want to have whatever you're having bhaijaan :ua

You're a true character bhaijaan. We'll make great friends for sure!!

Bhaijaan, are you saying Johnson, Rabada, Warne supported by Watson & Stokes - I still have 2 more picks to make - will get destroyed by Shaw? I want to have whatever you're having bhaijaan :ua

What I meant was we have Tendulkar, Lara.

Two batsmen Warne was never able to stop. Rather he get butchered by them.

Warne is GOAT bowler/spinner, with him you
will bully most teams on this draft. There are people who picked Daryl Cullinan, Warne eats and toys with guys like Cullinan

What I meant was we have Tendulkar, Lara.

Two batsmen Warne was never able to stop. Rather he get butchered by them.

Warne is GOAT bowler/spinner, with him you
will bully most teams on this draft. There are people who picked Daryl Cullinan, Warne eats and toys with guys like Cullinan

Maybe I will pick Hanse Cronje and pit him against your middle order :p

You middle order will dance to my tunes like a snake to a snake master :cobra

Last edited:
Ok. First of all i welcome to my team one of the gutsiest batsman ever, the batsman with the best away record post 1970's and an inspiring captain Alan Border.

I think it's time we make some of the other teams victims of this trash talk :yk

Is [MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION] up to any good.

Hasn't ABD run away from his team camp already :)))

my next pick is one of the most brutal batsman against express short pitch bowling ever, who will return everything the other teams fast men throw at him with interest added to it -Richie Richardson.

Jason holder.

Now i have 7 tests left and i still need an opener :yk
Koi kuch btao

Check for any Aussie opener with a short stint during 2000-2010s?

Cannot think of a stand out opener with 7 or less tests other than young guys already picked.

Michael Clarke

Great pick.

He's in the league of Kallis/Sangakkara as a second tier batting great with far less no of tests and he can be a valuable part time off spinner.

My team so far
1. Smith
2. Sehwag
3.Richie Richardson
4. Border
6.Afridi
7. Foakes
8.Saqlain
9.Cummins
10.Roberts
11. Bumrah.

Apart from Bumrah all are handy with the bat. In bowling pace legspin offspin and sla all varieties are covered.

My team so far
1. Smith
2. Sehwag
3.Richie Richardson
4. Border
6.Afridi
7. Foakes
8.Saqlain
9.Cummins
10.Roberts
11. Bumrah.

Apart from Bumrah all are handy with the bat. In bowling pace legspin offspin and sla all varieties are covered.

Contender for one of the most ordinary teams in this draft along with FDPs team

Not to mention Border or Smith alone have more guts than all your players combined.😈

Don't worry. Your fielder will get tired just to bring the balls from the stands while sehwag and richardson bat together.

Just taking the mickey bro me likes AB and Smith.

AB was a top 5 batsman of his era.

Smith definitely top 20 overall and arguably the top 3 openers of his era

Just taking the mickey bro me likes AB and Smith.

AB was a top 5 batsman of his era.

Smith definitely top 20 overall and arguably the top 3 openers of his era

Reh i know, i was also joking. By the way what will happen to kuldeep when Sehwag bats against him?😂😂

Reh i know, i was also joking. By the way what will happen to kuldeep when Sehwag bats against him?😂😂

6,6,6,out?

:23:

If it's a flat, spinning track, Sehwag will destroy any team in this draft. Ambrose or Mordhall doesn't matter.

Only peak Shami can stop Sehwag :yk

Last edited:
Contender for one of the most ordinary teams in this draft along with FDPs team

The team with the best bowling units win test matches. At best your team will draw matches. Warne, Rabada, Johnson, Stokes, Watson and maybe a couple more bowlers are serious wicket takers. We also have an array of clutch batsmen who can withstand and score in tough conditions and tough situations.

Sorry guys had a really long day at work, will make a pick in few minutes.

I pick my no.3, the man who won India a test series in Australia, <B>Cheteshwar Pujara</B>.

My team XI:-

1. Barry Richards
2. Gordon Greenidge
3. Cheteshwar Pujara
4. Viv Richards
5. AB de Villiers
7. Andrew Flintoff
8. James Pattinson
9. Ravi Ashwin
10. Ryan Harris
11. Allan 'Lightning' Donald

Batting and bowling both stacked up well.

Any chance for a few quick picks now?

Are people online

1- Kepler Wessels
2-
3- Kane Williamson
4- Virat Kohli
5- Javed Miandad
6- Imran Khan
7- Taslim Arif (wk)
8- Vernon Philander
9- Dennis Lillee
10- Jeff Thomson
11- Stuart MacGill

1- Kepler Wessels
2-
3- Kane Williamson
4- Virat Kohli
5- Javed Miandad
6- Imran Khan
7- Taslim Arif (wk)
8- Vernon Philander
9- Dennis Lillee
10- Jeff Thomson
11- Stuart MacGill

How many tests left?

I think it's time we make some of the other teams victims of this trash talk :yk

Is [MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION] up to any good.

Hasn't ABD run away from his team camp already :)))

ABD, the most loved overseas cricketer in India, is among my expensive picks so he stays :afridi

Last edited:
My squad
1) Michael Slater
2) Chris Rogers
3) Dean Jones
4) Martin Crowe
5) Daryll Cullinan
6) Tony Greig
7)
8) Malcolm Marshall
9) Graeme Swann
10) Michael Holding
11) Dale Steyn

Thunderstorm XI
1. Mayank Agarwal
2. Rohit Sharma
3. Vinod Kambli
5. Mohammad Yousuf
6. Inzamam ul Haq
7. Adam Gilchrist (WK)
8. Ravindra Jadeja
9. Shane Bond
10. Mohammad Asif
11. Glenn McGrath

Thunderstorm XI
1. Mayank Agarwal
2. Rohit Sharma
3. Vinod Kambli
5. Mohammad Yousuf
6. Inzamam ul Haq
7. Adam Gilchrist (WK)
8. Ravindra Jadeja
9. Shane Bond
10. Mohammad Asif
11. Glenn McGrath

This looks like a team Bhaijaan XI would play.

Getting a real vibe from this team actually.

This looks like a team Bhaijaan XI would play.

Getting a real vibe from this team actually.

Bhaijaan need advice about the final position. I have a budget of 120. Currently thinking between YK and Azharuddin but not sure. Maybe even someone else hmm.

Thunderbolt has picked three Indian batters who are all unproven outside home and will pick three great Pakistani batters :afridi

Bhaijaan need advice about the final position. I have a budget of 120. Currently thinking between YK and Azharuddin but not sure. Maybe even someone else hmm.

The vibe your team is giving is going more in favour of Azharuddin.

You have a good budget, plenty of options.

Younus is good too of course.

Thunderbolt has picked three Indian batters who are all unproven outside home and will pick three great Pakistani batters :afridi

Stunning selections budget wise.

There are a lot of players unproven somewhere

Besides you have players with good stats but the way they played, they remain unproven batting greats anyway.

arabinda de silva, desmond haynes, justin langer, Gary kirsten, mark taylor, alec stewart

My squad
1) Michael Slater
2) Chris Rogers
3) Dean Jones
4) Martin Crowe
5) Daryll Cullinan
6) Tony Greig
7)
8) Malcolm Marshall
9) Graeme Swann
10) Michael Holding
11) Dale Steyn