Eng v Pak: 2nd Test: Day 2 [Update Thread]

This is where we need a player who has to the abilties to pick himself up and pluck out wickets from nowhere. Sadly we dont have many of those players right now.

And a lofted drive from Collingwood fetches him a 6

What shocks me now is that from 72 overs Afridi has only bowled 5!!!

Just saw Taufeeq in slips so he's at short leg?

New ball in 8 overs, maybe we can do something with that.

they lead by 124 runs already..and we havent even reached lunch on the second day.. doesn't seem too promising, i guess we'll have to depend on a double century from either of our stalwarts i.e. yk, moyo, inzi.

Raz, did you notice how Afridi got so much critisism for getting out when many other batsman also failed.

Afridi is made a scapegoat always

Great delivery from Afridi, getting some bounce but the edge not going anywhere.

Cook looking nervous as he edges toward a ton.

This is our best chance to get him out.

Easa said:
Raz, did you notice how Afridi got so much critisism for getting out when many other batsman also failed.

Afridi is made a scapegoat always

Doesn't surprise me to be honest. Afridi will always get the blame, because that pressure on him is always there from some fans. Whenever he fails they will always lay into him, despite what he has done in recent Test matches.

Cpl of wickets here will bring Pak right back into the game, not much to come after these 2..

i don't see us getting wickets here
we need Asif and Akhtar badly

Beaten, Cook is always edgy when he is nearing a 100.

Good bowling by Lala

Cook on 99*, on strike to Afridi.

I wanna see Sami and Gul in another partnership

100 for Cook!

Congratulations, it was a great innings from a very promising cricketer.

His 3rd Test ton.

congrats cook...awsome talent and a great find for england..

After getting his 100, drives a 4 through the offside.

He'll get out now.

English batsmen get confused once they reach three figures.

And there is the 100* for Cook...good innings

But not under pressure

Raz said:
Doesn't surprise me to be honest. Afridi will always get the blame, because that pressure on him is always there from some fans. Whenever he fails they will always lay into him, despite what he has done in recent Test matches.

yeah, I'm sure it's got nothing at all to do with the manner of his whole innings and dismissal.

Pulled right into the pitch and it bounced over Afridi for 4.

Raz said:

Afridi gets the blame because he is acts like a kid, he is simply not mature enough to play test cricket for Pakistan I am sorry to say.. I mean when your team is down the way they were when Afridi came into bat, you need to think with a striaght head but what did he do? Hmmmmmm, he deserves every bit of blame he gets and more for the waste of talent he is and his attitude towards his country & the game...

guys i think when pak bats we should said afridi as an opener?? What do u say just to show england we will be positive? What do u say

damn well done cook...england in total control here...oh well..at least two more tests to go..

mkexpress said:
guys i think when pak bats we should said afridi as an opener?? What do u say just to show england we will be positive? What do u say

definately. Akmal should be down at 7

the Great Khan said:
damn well done cook...england in total control here...oh well..at least two more tests to go..

how will be the pitches in next two tests?

Romali_rotti said:
Afridi gets the blame because he is acts like a kid, he is simply not mature enough to play test cricket for Pakistan I am sorry to say.. I mean when your team is down the way they were when Afridi came into bat, you need to think with a striaght head but what did he do? Hmmmmmm, he deserves every bit of blame he gets and more for the waste of talent he is and his attitude towards his country & the game...

Yea but when he came to bat, we all said "Ahh Afridi bhai play your natural game"

Big Mac said:
yeah, I'm sure it's got nothing at all to do with the manner of his whole innings and dismissal.

The fact of the matter is Afridi made 15 runs, which was more than all the batsman in our team with the exception of MYK and Moyo.

The manner of his dismissal was distrubing but that is how he plays and his recent record indicates that it works for him.

Big Mac said:

There was no point piddling about, that way he was more likely to get out. The best form of defense is attack. If you are going to blame Afridi, then everyone else sohlud equally share the blame.

Sending in Afridi as opener if we bat today wouldn't be a bad idea. If he clicks, we maybe on a roll.

Back