Eng v Pak: 2nd Test: Day 2 [Update Thread]

Alright, we are DESPERATE FOR SOME WICKETS NOW!

Man, this is looking more and more out of reach

Romali_rotti said:
Afridi gets the blame because he is acts like a kid, he is simply not mature enough to play test cricket for Pakistan I am sorry to say.. I mean when your team is down the way they were when Afridi came into bat, you need to think with a striaght head but what did he do? Hmmmmmm, he deserves every bit of blame he gets and more for the waste of talent he is and his attitude towards his country & the game...

He is naturally aggressive and finds it hard to curb his natural attacking instincts, like most ultra-aggressive players. First try understanding that before you start making such comments like "acting like a kid" and "waste of talent".

Last edited:
zMario said:
I smell a wicket!

No use now. Lead is already 144 and the way these guys are batting, England are sure to get a lead of 300+. This bowling attack makes me sick :31:

we need sami back in the attack, inzi and co just need to tell him to bowl quick injure cook, collingwood just bowl damn quick!

DROPPED? By who this time? Surely its not Farhat.

ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

its Younis

This is torture I must say. First we get bowled out for 119, then we are getting massacred at the hands of a young bavarchi

England 265/3

Cook 109*
Collingwood 39*

Partnership 96 runs! :12:

Its Younis who dropped it, but it was a hard chance, to his right and it was one of those that just didn't stick in the right hand.

Shahid Afridi to Collingwood, no run, a googly turned to short leg and a chance straight to Younis Khan's right hand goes down. That was a regulation catch going fairly slowly and it sums up Pakistan’s morning
AGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Thats for catching not droping u dum.....................
I wonder what Jonty tought them?

this is rubbish, yk usually a good catcher... Its simple catches win matches and pak has dropped sooo many... Waste of money on jonty!

That was a pretty difficult chance but you would have thought Younis would snap that up being one of the better fielders in the Pakistan side.

This match is going downhill. England aren't even trying to make it interesting. Our bowlers are terribly bowling to watch and our bowling attack is miserable.

its so important to have a FAST Sami, or Akhtar, or Lee, or Malinga in the team.

Another single, this time through the legside. Cook and Collingwood dont look like getting out

100 partnership up by that 4 down to 3rd man

Very well bowled by Afridi, I must say he has bowled very well.

anyways guys i am off 2 jummah will pray that there is sm kinda miracle and we still win... ALLAH MADAD KAREY AAMEEN

An excellent over and spell from Afridi, unlucky not to get a wicket.

GEM of a delivery to finish of the session.

It was an offspinner, GREAT bowling by Afridi.

mkexpress said:
anyways guys i am off 2 jummah will pray that there is sm kinda miracle and we still win... ALLAH MADAD KAREY AAMEEN

Ameen, Sumameen.

we history now..im not bothering with this match..just looking forward to the next one now..
danii just cant seem to bowl in a first innings..shocking really..

Raz said:
He is naturally aggressive and finds it hard to curb his natural attacking instincts, like most ultra-aggressive players. First try understanding that before you start making such comments like "acting like a kid" and "waste of talent".

I have seen that 40 odd he made in Sydney against Aus in the last test match I believe during the last tour. It was a very slow and patient innings which tells me he can play sensibly if he chooses to..

Pakistan bowled very decently this session and were a bit unlucky not to pick up more wickets.

I give up. Even may stop watching. But I think I still have to do the match report.

Raz said:
Doesn't surprise me to be honest. Afridi will always get the blame, because that pressure on him is always there from some fans. Whenever he fails they will always lay into him, despite what he has done in recent Test matches.

Thats because Afridi doe snot know how to play test cricket. So he will always be crticised or made the scapegoat

Easa said:
Pakistan bowled very decently this session and were a bit unlucky not to pick up more wickets.

I say Inzi was damn stupid the whole session. Kaneria should have been given a much more attacking field as Cook gives a lot of bad-pad chances

UsmanCHADDA said:
What is the use when he doesnt look like picking a wicket?

Have you never heard of bowling well BUT not picking up a wicket or are you too unpakistani to understand the concept of that? :20:

For a pure batsman you can say that after experience he will be more responsible.
For Afridi , even if he plays 100 test he wil be irresponsible and thats why he should stay away from test cricket.

IMO Cook and Colly Wolly are negotiating the spinners quite easily. Inzi needs to turn to pace first up when we come back from lunch

UsmanCHADDA said:
I say Inzi was damn stupid the whole session. Kaneria should have been given a much more attacking field as Cook gives a lot of bad-pad chances

That's right. Blame it all on Inzi because we might lose our first game since May.2005.

What a pathetic record! :12:

Pepsi™ said:
I give up. Even may stop watching. But I think I still have to do the match report.
I had to do it too :(

Its not that bad

It was painful for me to do it.

Easa said:
Have you never heard of bowling well BUT not picking up a wicket or are you too unpakistani to understand the concept of that? :20:

UnPakistani?! What the....?!

I dont care how well Afridi bowls or anything, just give us wickets. We cannot let them get a 300+ lead!

Easa said:

Well for a Pakistani fan...even if they dont ball well...Pakistan are known to pick up wickets. M afraid havent seen that with this team

Easa said:
That's right. Blame it all on Inzi because we might lose our first game since May.2005.

What a pathetic record! :12:

Easa man, how many times has Cook given bat-pad chances? Inzi has been flat and I dont think anybody will disagree

Inzi has to be blamed for making Kamran open. Not expected from someone who has played 100 tests.

inzidabest said:
Inzi has to be blamed for making Kamran open. Not expected from someone who has played 100 tests.
I thought Kamran volunteered...

What if Gul Volunteers tomorrow. Inzy will open with him? Inzy is the captain. he should not have allowed that to happen

And what happens in the second innings. Will Pakistan again open with Akmal?..no no no..cannot be after keeping for 150 overs will he open?

inzidabest said:
For a pure batsman you can say that after experience he will be more responsible.
For Afridi , even if he plays 100 test he wil be irresponsible and thats why he should stay away from test cricket.

Who died and left you the responsibility of deciding which player should play test cricket & who should not?

Shez said:
Who died and left you the responsibility of deciding which player should play test cricket & who should not?

Well you dont understand the point. I am sorry I am not here to talk about people dyieng. Learn some manners and learn to pick up the point.

BTW Afridi is one of my favourate cricketers!

inzidabest said:
And what happens in the second innings. Will Pakistan again open with Akmal?..no no no..cannot be after keeping for 150 overs will he open?
Then AFRIDI will open!

Players coming back out onto the field. Lets see what happens.

OPEN WITH SAMI AND GUL.

He's prolly just bowling to get the new ball then some else will come on in.

inzidabest said:
What if Gul Volunteers tomorrow. Inzy will open with him? Inzy is the captain. he should not have allowed that to happen

First of all why would Gul volunteer in the first place? Secondly are your cricketing skills so low that you don't see a difference between Kamran as a batsman & Gul as a batsman? Thirdly Inzi does not make all the decisions alone. The team management, Coach, Bowling Coach, Captain & the whole team have a say during the team meetings!

Afridi to share the ball with Kaneria

Getting some drift into the right hander

Shez said:
First of all why would Gul volunteer in the first place? Secondly are your cricketing skills so low that you don't see a difference between Kamran as a batsman & Gul as a batsman? Thirdly Inzi does not make all the decisions alone. The team management, Coach, Bowling Coach, Captain & the whole team have a say during the team meetings!
Well Inzy is the captain, if he did allow Kamrans request to go through, he made a big mistake. Wicket keepers do not open in tests.

Back