England v India | World T20 | Lords | 14/6/09

its.raja

Local Club Star
Runs
India lost to New Zealand in the first match of Super-8 in 2007 and they came back well against England (today its England again) their 3rd match was against South Africa and they won against them too (their 3rd Match is against South Africa again).

Now a One Million Dollar Question. Can India repeat the history and do it again :13:

I will be really surprised if they do it this time around.

But then its India, I think they can do it..

well its T20, one good partnership or good spell might change things

No offence to the Indian fans but wont it be good to see India getting knoced out after that Bhangra stinct by Yuvi?

Afridi_Fan said:
No offence to the Indian fans but wont it be good to see India getting knoced out after that Bhangra stinct by Yuvi?
i wanna see the video of Bhangra can you or anyone show the video?

its.raja said:
i wanna see the video of Bhangra can you or anyone show the video?

i really couldnt believe it... you had to watch it live to feel the hatred.

Inshallah India & their horrid retarded fans will be knocked out today. England under pressure to perform & will pull a big one out today. Broad to get his revenge against Yuraj. Apart from Dhoni & Yuraj a very inexperienced batting line up struggling in English conditions against half decent oposition.

England not afraid of India: Flower

England coach Andy Flower was honest while admitting his side's performance in the ongoing Twenty20 World Cup was reflective of their current rankings but said they are not afraid of India in their crucial Super Eights match on Sunday.

Flower said his wards will have to play with "controlled aggression" in their must-win game at Lord's here if they are to stay afloat in the tournament.

"I am not sure where we are ranked in Twenty20 International cricket, but in 50 overs we are sixth in the world and at the moment that is the level we are performing at in 20 overs as well. I think it is a reflection of where we are as a team," Flower said.

"India are a very good side and we respect them tremendously but we aren't fearful of them. We'll play an attacking brand of Twenty20 cricket when we face them. We're definitely not going to win this tournament by playing conservative cricket," he said.

Explaining further, the England coach said he was for controlled aggression instead of unbridled slam-bang.

"There's a blend of attack and good decision-making that you've got to find. It's not just crash, bang, wallop all the time, there is a lot of thought that goes into that crash, bang, wallop and there is a skill to playing the right shot at the right time."

Flower also accepted that lack of top-level experience in this format of the game could count against his side when they take on India's star-studded line-up.

"In terms of international experience - and when I say that I include world tournaments such as the IPL where you've the best players in the world playing - we're lacking some of the experience that other top sides have so we're learning about this game as the tournament progresses," Flower said.

"These tournaments are important to the team's development. Development is something that will happen in time but ultimately it is about performance. This is a World Cup and we want to win it in our home country and performance has to be our first priority."

Last edited:
Well If England bat first and the likes of ravi bopara, KP and Owais Shah fires and they put up 185+ as they did against Pakistan, then India will struggle coz england has a decent bowling attack.

But you can also think about the opposite scenario if India bat first. It's going to be a good game of cricket.

Afridi_Fan said:

NO BROTHER I DONT WANT TO SAY "GO INDIA GO" ONLY FOR MANJREKHAR SAKE. HE PRAISED PAKISTAN CRICKET ALOT AGAINST NEW ZEALAND.

Rahim Pushtoon U.K said:
NO BROTHER I DONT WANT TO SAY "GO INDIA GO" ONLY FOR MANJREKHAR SAKE. HE PRAISED PAKISTAN CRICKET ALOT AGAINST NEW ZEALAND.
well said

So 1 decent informed ex cricketer balances out the countless drunken idiots who pack out the crowd at their games. They spoil the atmosphere for everyone. I have not come across 1 of these idiots who supports Pakistan, not against SL or even NZ. Should have seen them at Lords acting like a braying pack of uncivilised thugs, booing our players etc. There is no way we should support these barbarians. The fans are idiots, their players overrated and their administrators ruining the beautiful game of cricket.

Last edited:
^^^ here here..finally someone has the guts to say it like it is..enough of the jeet lo dil bakwaas..my dil will only be won when India are crushed and then yuvi can do his fake bhangra in his backyard with his bus conductor cuptaan!!

its.raja said:
India lost to New Zealand in the first match of Super-8 in 2007 and they came back well against England (today its England again) their 3rd match was against South Africa and they won against them too (their 3rd Match is against South Africa again).

Now a One Million Dollar Question. Can India repeat the history and do it again :13:

India shouldn't have been in such a situation in the first place, i fear India won't reach semis.They should be able to beat ENg, but would probably end up losing to SA!

it will be much more difficult this time around for india
rsa just dont have any openings and last time they were lucky they got a fast bowlers pitch, without a supporting wicket there attack is easy to score off

its.raja said:

it depends really...do you have any hope left?

everyone is saying ok they will beat england but the tough one is south africa ive got a very sneaky feeling about england ....

its.raja said:

Well then give SA the honour of kicking them out the tournament, because back in 1997 ... SA was unbeaten in the tournament till their last S8 game against India and didn't make it to the SF on NRR between the teams (India, NZ and SA).

I predict that England will ball tamper, and India will face a thrashing due to cheating.

the Great Khan said:
^^^ here here..finally someone has the guts to say it like it is..enough of the jeet lo dil bakwaas..my dil will only be won when India are crushed and then yuvi can do his fake bhangra in his backyard with his bus conductor cuptaan!!

No one is hiding their feelings about how stupid those drunkards were acting. Although that's only a few Indian fans.. most of them are normal. In fact it's like other generalizing that any Pakistani who comes to the stadium is a threat to society.

either way i really dont think england can win this one...itll be something of a shock if they manage to pull it off.

it will be embarrassing for england if there are more indian supporters in the ground then the hosts!

if we loose this one , we dont deserve to win the cup .. but i doubt it will be easy for us

pak4life said:
it will be embarrassing for england if there are more indian supporters in the ground then the hosts!

Its not embarasing - it just means they bought tickets in anticipation of the game.

What is embarrasing is the way the Indian fans have just booed and jeered the England team as he warmed up - low class scum

I can see Adil Rashid playing today but India love spinners and i wont be suprise if the boy goes for some big ones.. so again at the same time i wont be suprised if England dont play him !

I would like to see England win just because i dont like to see India win unless its for the good of our team..

KaSaNoVa_G said:
I can see Adil Rashid playing today but India love spinners and i wont be suprise if the boy goes for some big ones.. so again at the same time i wont be suprised if England dont play him !

I would like to see England win just because i dont like to see India win unless its for the good of our team..

i think graeme swann would do better in terms of restricting runs than rashid.

So Indian broadcasters are saying an Indian defeat doesnt mean they are eliminated?

Sky Sports have just said 'thats garbage'

They lose.

They fly home!

Oxy said:
So Indian broadcasters are saying an Indian defeat doesnt mean they are eliminated?

They lose.

They fly home!
Good to see some clarification on the matter, even though we all knew that they would have to fly home if they lose. Apparently the Indian media think their team is not vulnerable to points.

Oxy said:

They lose.

They fly home!

No way in any scenario India will be out if they got beaten today.

Saffies have already won 2 games.

If England win this one, either England or Windies will end up with 2 wins.

and if India beats saffies they will end up with only a single win.

So whoever loses today packs their bags and its bye bye.

Lodhiz said:
Good to see some clarification on the matter, even though we all knew that they would have to fly home if they lose. Apparently the Indian media think their team is not vulnerable to points.

I wasnt aware of this until Ian Ward just clarified the position.

Oxy said:
I wasnt aware of this until Ian Ward just clarified the position.
Ah well, obvious to a few of us. :) BTW my OP wasn't a dig at you Oxy, it was at the Indian Media.

Afridi_Fan said:
No way in any scenario India will be out if they got beaten today.

Saffies have already won 2 games.

If England win this one, either England or Windies will end up with 2 wins.

and if India beats saffies they will end up with only a single win.

So whoever loses today packs their bags and its bye bye.

If england lose they still have a chance on NRR, if SA beat India and england beat the windies.

hahahaha

Chaaappaal to Dhoni : "Dhoni ur the tosser, HERE WE GO"

Oxy said:
India WON the toss and will field 1st

very interesting...i think this might suit england maybe? bowling last on a wearing pitch.

hasanb said:
If england lose they still have a chance on NRR, if SA beat India and england beat the windies.

Ye thats right, so England do have a chance, a very minor one though.and they will have to beat the Windies by a big margin and hope that Saffies do the same to Indians.

HAsnt Dhoni done this before? Won the toss and walked off without telling the opposing captain what he will be doing?

Oxy said:
India WON the toss and will field 1st

I am not surprised, India's best chance to win this game would have been by chasing.

Is the match on the same pitch?

Oxy said:
HAsnt Dhoni done this before? Won the toss and walked off without telling the opposing captain what he will be doing?

He's done that again?

England are rubbish at putting up a decent total. They won't know what a good total is.

Just hope England put up a good score.

Oxy said:
Either he is too stuck up to tell the English captain, or he is nervous... I'd stick with the latter. :D

Oxy said:

They lose.

They fly home!
A win for either team will obviously boost their chances of making it to the semis, but India have far more riding on this game than England. If India lose on Sunday, they are definitely out, since the winner of the England-West Indies game on Monday will join South Africa on two wins and knock India out even if they win their last game.
http://www.cricinfo.com/wt202009/content/story/408793.html

India should be able to own England completely in this match

Lethal said:
England are rubbish at putting up a decent total. They won't know what a good total is.

Just hope England put up a good score.

This is the same pitch as this mornings game i believe so a total of around 140 - 150 could be challenging.

hasanb said:
This is the same pitch as this mornings game i believe so a total of around 140 - 150 could be challenging.
IMO India would chase that down with ease.

12thMan said:
A win for either team will obviously boost their chances of making it to the semis, but India have far more riding on this game than England. If India lose on Sunday, they are definitely out, since the winner of the England-West Indies game on Monday will join South Africa on two wins and knock India out even if they win their last game.
http://www.cricinfo.com/wt202009/content/story/408793.html

Wahey...even cricinfo is ahead of the indian broadcasters...now thats saying something!

hasanb said:

I don't think so. India have a solid batting line up which is why I say England won't know what a good score is.

I think 170+ would be more challenging.

1711: Toss news - Mahendra Dhoni wins the toss and India will field first. They also make two changes, with seamer RP Singh and all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja coming in for seamer Irfan Pathan and spinner Pragyan Ojha. England make one change, with left-arm swing bowler Ryan Sidebottom in for leg-spinner Adil Rashid.

Lethal said:
I don't think so. India have a solid batting line up which is why I say England won't know what a good score is.

I think 170+ would be more challenging.

yeah youre probably right but i dont think england can get near that unless KP fires big time.

I have to go sleep goodluck to England on beating India
the semi final spots have really opened apart from SA no one else can be confirmed even SA can get in trouble if Ind can beat Eng & SA
and WI can beat Eng with big margins

hasanb said:
yeah youre probably right but i dont think england can get near that unless KP fires big time.

KP or Shah have to score heavily if England are to achieve are challenging total.

A good start from the openers will be good.

Afridi_Fan said:
1711: Toss news - Mahendra Dhoni wins the toss and India will field first. They also make two changes, with seamer RP Singh and all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja coming in for seamer Irfan Pathan and spinner Pragyan Ojha. England make one change, with left-arm swing bowler Ryan Sidebottom in for leg-spinner Adil Rashid.

Good changes but why not play Ojha , he's quite good in keeping the runs tight plus taking wickets .

Last edited:
jusarrived said:
stupid Eng , droped Rashid ...you need 2 spinners for T20

They are playing against India, who are very good players of spin bowling.

Wassixpakistani said:
Good changes but why not Ojha , he's quite in keeping the tight plus taking
wickets .

they left out Pathan , which will weaken our batting ...Jadeja is a proper bat , not exactly a dasher ...but he bowls left armers & can keep it tight !

jusarrived said:
they left out Pathan , which will weaken our batting ...Jadeja is a proper bat , not exactly a dasher ...but he bowls left armers & can keep it tight !

but will jadeja be as effective as Ojha has been so far :13:

for some reasons, whenever they play national anthem -the lip movement of each member look miserably out of synch with tune. Probably there's delay in visual and audio...

and the replacement sidebottom doesnt have a lot of pace which might be good on this pitch

They shouldn't have dropped Ohja, maybe bring jadeja for Pathan
Since pathan doesn't bowl this quota anyways

Back