England vs Australia | 4th Ashes Test | Chester-le-Street | 09/8/13 | Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aussies being scrappy with their extras today. RR still under 2.5 though

Absolutely loving this from Cook and Trott. Absorbing all the pressure and setting a nice solid platform. Really missed the Cook 'n' Trott show in the last few games :boycott

Trott is still scoring far too quickly for me to feel totally comfortable here :misbah

155 for 4 at Tea . Still did not spot any demons in the pitch .

pretty even at the moment...

tv2.jpg

Holy moly.

Goddamit, England. I stop watching you for an hour or two and you lost 3 wickets for 30 odd runs

If they get Prior early, Eng will be knocked off for under 250

I've just got in, been out for several hours. How has Lyon got 3 wickets? Is the pitch spinning?

Anyone else think that Jackson Bird looks like Larry Bird

larry-bird_WI-0109-lg.jpg
Jackson%20Bird.ashx

I can't believe that hopeless Lyon has somehow managed to get 3 wickets. They must have all been the batsmen doing something stupid.

I can't believe that hopeless Lyon has somehow managed to get 3 wickets. They must have all been the batsmen doing something stupid.

Bell dismissal looked like a throw, not sure about the others

Last 10 overs, 6 runs :facepalm:

England putting more pressure on themselves.

England really shutdown their shop after tea. That's like 27 overs left in the day :))

Haroon,i think the last 5 wickets will add 175 . Eid nahin mana raha ?

You might be close, but it'll probably be nearer to 300, but tbh it's hardly any point now is there ? Had they shown more fight they might've actually done alot better at Lords.

OOOOOOH tight review and :out

England in trouble now

Strange, didn't even look to me like it was hitting

Bairstow playing a Pakistani youngster innings of playing for his place in the side

Bairstow a bit unlucky.

The Ashes: Umpire's Call Strikes Back

How come the Aussies have figured out how to use DRS all of a sudden?

England might lose this game if Aus gets a lead of 100 runs somehow.

Aus even at their absolute worst are still performing like this :O

If Australia can take Bresnan and Swann, then they need to be tactical about when they take their last wicket. Don't want your batsmen to face 3-4 edgy overs toward the end of the day

Now the tail will frustrate the aussies.

England under the pump. If we can roll them for below 250 I will be pretty rapt.

It's as if they dont care anymore as they have already retained the urn

Have a feeling that Swann might get a ten fer on this wicket

England might lose this game if Aus gets a lead of 100 runs somehow.

Aus even at their absolute worst are still performing like this :O

England have a neck of not losing games they should. It goes way back to 95 to a guy called Michael Atherton or something atleast from memory.
They are the one team in the world you can never thump your chest until you've taken 20 wickets

Great stuff from oz. I feel they played like lions. Results may not tell everything, and i think that aus deserved to win it

Our batsmen really need to be flogged.

I can also continue my agenda against Bairstow. Poor player at this time. He and his talent can go hang out with Ramprakash. Bah. Selected for talent....

Root has been predictably useless again against the new ball. Move him to 6 already

I can also continue my agenda against Bairstow. Poor player at this time. He and his talent can go hang out with Ramprakash. Bah. Selected for talent....

Root has been predictably useless again against the new ball. Move him to 6 already

Surprised Cook didn't just declare when Broad fell.

Try to get one or two wickets before the end of the day

What about DAT CENTURY

Does Cook really expect Swann and Bresnan to notch up a 200 partnership? DECLARE YOU NINCOMPOOP, should a done it when Broad fell

Poor poor shot from Swann , more so when Brezza was being a rock on the other side :facepalm:

This Bird doesn't impress me anywhere near as much as Starc. Starc is the real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back