Not open for further replies.

spoiled

Local Club Regular
Runs
Anything can happen

Can not count out number one team in the world yet

Specially with the volatile sreesanth playing

England are favourties by a margin though

This is proper test for Indian Batting Powerhouse. Lords was a relatively flat wicket.

Sachin averages 70+ higher than any English batsmen in their current line up, a lot depends on his batting. Only man stands in his way, is Jimmy who averages 19 against the master. Sreesanth is key, he can cause some serious problem if on song.

Best of luck to both teams.

Zaheer definitely out.

Tremlett may be out in which case Bres will play.

Mister Anderson averges 16 with the ball at TB.

Hope its a cracker, but I doubt it will be, hope to see Swann spinning through the Indian batting, wouldnt mind a collapse either.

Any Idea what the toss winning captains usually prefer to do at this wicket? I hope India bat First thats there best chance to win the Match.

"This Indian team is more than capable of bouncing back, after all they are the best team in the world"- Gary Kirsten

i will probably be wrong but right now i keep thinking Indian win, and since i don't know who to go for and just want a hard fought series, that wont necessarily be a bad thing

Tremlett couldn't regain fitness . So much for him being built like a tank.

CI:
10.30am India win the toss and will bowl. It's confirmed that Yuvraj Singh will play in place of Gautam Gambhir, Dravid to open, and Sreesanth plays for Zaheer. "We would've had a bowl as well, but I don't think it's a bad toss to lose, the wicket doesn't look too bad," says Andrew Strauss. He also confirms that Tim Bresnan is in the side for Chris Tremlett, who hasn't been able to regain full fitness.

Prepare yourself folks, this Test could match could go either way. There's a very good chance India will fail spectacularly!

I wonder whether this thread will generate more responses than the first Test match thread.

Time shall reveal all.

Two changes for India (Zaheer/Gambhir) out and Sreesanth and Yuvraj come in.

One change for England (Tremlett) out and Bresnan comes in.

Batting lineup (may be)

Mukund
Dravid
Raina (Raina bats at no 3 in domestic matches)
Sachin
Laxman
Yuvi
Dhoni

India again winning the Toss.. Bowling First. Would have loved to see England bowling in overcast conditions :)

Batting lineup :

A Mukund, R Dravid, VVS Laxman, SR Tendulkar, SK Raina, Yuvraj Singh, MS Dhoni*†, Harbhajan Singh, P Kumar, S Sreesanth, I Sharma

AN Cook, AJ Strauss*, IJL Trott, KP Pietersen, IR Bell, EJG Morgan, MJ Prior†, TT Bresnan, SCJ Broad, GP Swann, JM Anderson

Or it seems.

Really wanted to see England bowling first again. So annoying.

India again winning the Toss.. Bowling First. Would have loved to see England bowling in overcast conditions :)

England play a lot in these conditions including their domestic circuit, so England should be good in these conditions. These are not alien conditions for them unlike sub-continent teams.

India needs to put their best bowling display now.

Batting lineup :

A Mukund, R Dravid, VVS Laxman, SR Tendulkar, SK Raina, Yuvraj Singh, MS Dhoni*†, Harbhajan Singh, P Kumar, S Sreesanth, I Sharma

AN Cook, AJ Strauss*, IJL Trott, KP Pietersen, IR Bell, EJG Morgan, MJ Prior†, TT Bresnan, SCJ Broad, GP Swann, JM Anderson

Or it seems.

India's batting order will most likely remain same and for England I won't be surprised if Broad comes ahead of Bresnan.

India got a golden chance by winning the toss! They should aim to bowled out england for under250.

India batting do look a bit thin, Dravid,Laxman and Tendulkar all have to contribute significantly

Just shows how cowardly this Indian 'no 1' team is becoming.

Batting titans, chosing to bowl first, match after match.

Remember Ponting? Think he chose to bowl 1st once in a blue moon.

England play a lot in these conditions including their domestic circuit, so England should be good in these conditions. These are not alien conditions for them unlike sub-continent teams.

India needs to put their best bowling display now.

You got it wrong mate. Not worried about England's batting but was more interested to see India's display against them in these conditions :p

Just looking for a good fight from India here, they need to do their best with the available resources.

Important thing is, our new ball bowlers should use the conditions and should bowl up to the batsmen and make batsmen play a lot unlike the first innings of the first test.

Man itsnt cowardness, its tactics. Anyone in overcast and swinging conditions will bowl firrst.

Sreesanth vs left-handers: 23 wkts, average 41.65; vs right-handers: 56 wickets, average 30.25

Swann at 10? Thats the deepest i've seen any team bat in years..

Sir, you have to judge the conditions with your bowling unit as well. If I have the great Glenn McGrath, Shane Warne and company, I will bowl in any conditions but for our very average bowling unit, you need help of the conditions.

Also, understand the perspective of cricket before judging harshly and unfairly...anyway this is just my opinion and you are free to castigate anyone, anytime and without reason...

Last edited:
When Hero Honda used Come on India in 2007, we came out of the world cup. So they came with 'GO India GO' Ad.
the other one I wrote was Coke/Pepsi as in 1999 world cup, well they came back as well quickly though not as quick as 200 WC :D

:D :D loved that!

Its called having common sense :))

Eng have won 5 of the last 6 matches in which they have lost the toss and been put in to bat

Lol.. shows your cricketing knowledge.

Again a coward decision by Dhoni, will cost him.

Says the man from the comfort of his arm chair...

Beware the arm chair general etc...

Dunno but the weather here in London is overcast and gloomy-expecting it to be the same in Nottingham- so bowling 1st is a logical choice which is known for swing bowling....

But then again a man sitting far away in Asia would be able to tell better...

Says the man from the comfort of his arm chair...

Beware the arm chair general etc...

Dunno but the weather here in London is overcast and gloomy-expecting it to be the same in Nottingham- so bowling 1st is a logical choice which is known for swing bowling....

But then again a man sitting far away in Asia would be able to tell better...

Just watch the match.

I think India love to chase targets as opposed to setting them, obvious reason being Indian bowling isn't confident enough to restrict an opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back