Hypothetical Test draft - 10 participants to pick their teams [Completed]

[MENTION=137148]Rayyman[/MENTION] your turn. Two picks then back to [MENTION=152035]Bezli[/MENTION]

Dhoni "no test hundreds in SENA" taken ahead of Flower, Knott, Engineer, Healy and many other great keepers

With the 4th pick, Bezli selects one of the fastest bowler of all time - Shoaib Akhtar.

He had and will destroy any batting line up in the world.

maybe in ODI. Averaged 19 in Aus, 28 in SA, 22 in WI and 36 in Eng with no hundreds. Maybe won matches for opposition but definitely shouldn't be the fourth selected keeper. Can think of a dozen better Keeper-Batsmen

[MENTION=135989]world cup captain[/MENTION]

Bezli selecting the often injured but incredibly destructive speedster

maybe in ODI. Averaged 19 in Aus, 28 in SA, 22 in WI and 36 in Eng with no hundreds. Maybe won matches for opposition but definitely shouldn't be the fourth selected keeper. Can think of a dozen better Keeper-Batsmen

Yaar Bache ki jaan legah? Lol

Once [MENTION=135989]world cup captain[/MENTION] makes his pick, it’s your turn [MENTION=151884]Kaddy[/MENTION]

actually [MENTION=151884]Kaddy[/MENTION] before [MENTION=132969]Da_Future_Knick[/MENTION]

I'm most worried about [MENTION=65183]freelance_cricketer[/MENTION] who I'm sure would return the favour by stealing my pick :afaq

For my fourth pick I will pick my 2nd opening bowler, the great Australian all rounder Keith Miller

Was going to pick Chappell, not much seperates him from 1st round selections Viv, Hayden, Sachin and Lara
HE is also usually considered better than 2nd round selection ponting

My Fourth Pick is.............
Greg Chappell

old-man-crying.gif

Was going to pick Chappell, not much seperates him from 1st round selections Viv, Hayden, Sachin and Lara
HE is also usually considered better than 2nd round selection ponting

He would have been my 2nd or 3rd round pick if I hadn't gone for the pacers because top tier pacers were scarce

Last edited:
[MENTION=151884]Kaddy[/MENTION] has managed to get a couple of steal picks. Marshall in 2nd round and Greg in 4th round are definitely steals

Oh perfect everyone’s online. [MENTION=65183]freelance_cricketer[/MENTION] followed by maddy g and then me

Bhaijaan XI cannot thank their stars enough to be able to pick the following legend to fill another very crucial position in their line up.

As an Indian and a fan of cricket, i am proud to announce the legendary KAPIL DEV as our 4th draft pick.

In my humble opinion, the greatest all rounder ever.

Kapil Dev was the first non West Indian captain to lit the world cup.

His untelecasted 175 in 1983 world cup remains to this day the greatest ODI knock ever played.

Most explosive batsman in his era along with Viv.

Like legends, he reserved his great performances for his greatest foes, the mighty West Indies against whom he was the best performer out of the great ARs of his era, ahead of Botham, Hadlee, Imran etc..

Kapil Dev will partner the whitelightening Allan Donald to lead our pace attack

Welcome home, Sir.

e2455-1519141036-500.jpg

1. Jack Hobbs
4. Viv Richards
6. Kapil Dev
11. Allan Donald

A 200 run partnership between Viv Richards and Kapil Dev for the 5th wicket in 3rd session of Day 1-2-3 could be one of my wildest cricket fantasies coming true!

End of Days play

Viv Richards 172 (212), 3 sixes
Kapil Dev 107 (82), 7 sixes

:viv :kapil :aag

A 200 run partnership between Viv Richards and Kapil Dev for the 5th wicket in 3rd session of Day 1-2-3 could be one of my wildest cricket fantasies coming true!

End of Days play

Viv Richards 172 (212), 3 sixes
Kapil Dev 107 (82), 7 sixes

:viv :kapil :aag

Kapil will fail against Shoaib Akhtar.

Kapil will fail against Shoaib Akhtar.

First of all, Shoaib Akhtar is a legend of the game and there is every possibility of him knocking even the greatest batsmen in this draft with his 150kph+ swinging thunderbolts, so brother, i am too mature now to fall for such baits :)

But since you brought it up, it is my duty, as a well read cricket fan to REMIND you that Kapil Dev is the guy who in his prime took on the great West Indian pace quartet and hit TWO and not one run a ball test centuries against them.

Bhaijaan XI absolutely welcomes this rivalry :akhtar :kapil

Viv Richards and Kapil Dev taking on some of these pacy bowling line ups is what dreams are made of for a cricket fan. :kapil :viv

Graham Gooch is [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]'s next pick.

[MENTION=134789]maddgenius[/MENTION] You're up.

3. Steve Smith
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Virat Kohli
7. Brendon McCullum (WK)
9. Pat Cummins

It's all coming together............

[MENTION=134789]maddgenius[/MENTION]

You're up next brother

It is time for Bhaijaan XI to finalize their opening batting pair and we cannot thank our stars once again to be taking an absolute steal in the draft pick as we welcome South African batting hero, the man the myth the enigma BARRY RICHARDS into our family!

Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg

What-a-player!

A freak talent. A trail blazer.

Smashed 300 on a WACA pitch against Denniss Lillee and co.

Late Sir Don Bradman picked him as opener for his ATG team.

Is anything more to be said?

Welcome, Sir. We are proud to have you!

Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg

1. Jack Hobbs
2. Barry Richards
4. Viv Richards
6. Kapil Dev
11. Allan Donald

First of all, Shoaib Akhtar is a legend of the game and there is every possibility of him knocking even the greatest batsmen in this draft with his 150kph+ swinging thunderbolts, so brother, i am too mature now to fall for such baits :)

But since you brought it up, it is my duty, as a well read cricket fan to REMIND you that Kapil Dev is the guy who in his prime took on the great West Indian pace quartet and hit TWO and not one run a ball test centuries against them.

That time they didn’t have Shoaib Akther to bowl Kapil.

If Shoaib can destroy Sachin, he can definitely destroy Kapil.

If Shoaib gets a chance to bowl Kapil in a test match, Kapil will manage only 10 runs with three bouncers on his helmet against Shoaib.

Or he can do what he did to Grey Kristen.

That time they didn’t have Shoaib Akther to bowl Kapil.

If Shoaib can destroy Sachin, he can definitely destroy Kapil.

If Shoaib gets a chance to bowl Kapil in a test match, Kapil will manage only 10 runs with three bouncers on his helmet against Shoaib.

Or he can do what he did to Grey Kristen.

Kapil flourished against Marshall, Roberts, Holding who are all >> Shoaib. Akhtar's descent into lunacy will be accelerated by bowling to Sir Viv and Kapil

For my 5th pick I will select George Headley, who carried his team more than any batsman in history, averaging 60 doing so

he is going very late. I would have thought he would definitely be top 4 rounds

With the next picks in the 2020 Hypothetical Test Draft, the Rayymen select:

:hasan2

5. Kane Williamson
6. Mitchell Johnson

Back