India (376 & 287/4d) crush Bangladesh (149 & 234) in 1st Test by 280 runs, taking 1-0 lead in 2-Test match series

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
India vs Bangladesh, 1st Test:

Bangladesh have won the toss and have opted to field

Teams:

Bangladesh (Playing XI):
Shadman Islam, Zakir Hasan, Najmul Hossain Shanto(c), Mominul Haque, Mushfiqur Rahim, Shakib Al Hasan, Litton Das(w), Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Taskin Ahmed, Hasan Mahmud, Nahid Rana

India (Playing XI): Rohit Sharma(c), Yashasvi Jaiswal, Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, KL Rahul, Rishabh Pant(w), Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin, Jasprit Bumrah, Akash Deep, Mohammed Siraj

Bangladesh won the toss and opt to bowl first

Bangladesh (Playing XI): Shadman Islam, Zakir Hasan, Najmul Hossain Shanto(c), Mominul Haque, Mushfiqur Rahim, Shakib Al Hasan, Litton Das(w), Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Taskin Ahmed, Hasan Mahmud, Nahid Rana

India (Playing XI): Rohit Sharma(c), Yashasvi Jaiswal, Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, KL Rahul, Rishabh Pant(w), Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin, Jasprit Bumrah, Akash Deep, Mohammed Siraj

So india dropped jurel and sarfaraz - the hero of last 2 test match for india .

Axar should have played in place of Siraj.

Otherwise it’s a good team.

Indian batting looks a bit thin. Ash and Jaddu are very old and I am not sure of their batting contributions at their age. This means India effectively has only 5 batsmen. Axar is a top class batsman now that could’ve been great change up for Ash and Jaddu. On Indian pitches 3 pacers is over doing it.

So india dropped jurel and sarfaraz - the hero of last 2 test match for india .
Jurel was always going to be dropped with Pant’s return.

Sarfaraz is on KL crybaby’s heels. A little slip up in this Test and Sarfu will take his place👍

1st session is going to very challenging for batters.
Fresh session so pitch will assist Pacers definitely

This other bowler Hasan is trundling at 130k in his first over. Absolutely no pressure on batsmen.

As expected height saves Rohit. His lazy style will not work when the ball is doing things.

Plenty of seam movement. I remember both Anderson and Joffra Archer were a handful in one of the spell at chennai.

Taskin is generating a lot of bounce. At the other end the other bowler gets plenty of seam movement. IT is even tougher for guys like Rohit who is playing a Test after 6 months.

If BD bowlers can keep this up for 3 or 4 more overs, they will get a wicket. Plenty of assistance for pacers.

Rohit is very scratchy. He is clearly short of red ball practice. Atleast Jaiswal played one DUleep Trophy match.

They better take wickets early as the conditions are overly helpful for seamers. Seam movement, bounce. bit of swing, pace as well.

Good to see Bumrah is playing this test. If your premier players don't play premier form of the game there is no point of saving them for future tours.

I remember some here saying a while back that he'll be saved for Australia tour.

Another thing. Chennai heat will be extremely sapping. Fast bowlers cannot sustain their pace for long. I was surprised India went with 3 seamers here.

Rohit is very scratchy. He is clearly short of red ball practice. Atleast Jaiswal played one DUleep Trophy match.
Poor of Rohit (And Kohli) not to play any domestic game. Its beneath them to play domestic cricket.

Rohit is looking completely washed up.He can't survive on pp bullying in test matches. If he continues like this in aus,it very difficult

Rohit is looking completely washed up.He can't survive on pp bullying in test matches. If he continues like this in aus,it very difficult
And that too when these guys think its alright to just turn up in their whites and play test cricket. Tests are not an easy format to play.

Good start from the Bangladeshi pacers but need more wickets.

GReat bowling by Hasan Mahmud. I'm already fan of him. Simple action, great release ,good balance. Great asset to have in bowling friendly conditions just like Bhuvi Kumar.

And that too when these guys think its alright to just turn up in their whites and play test cricket. Tests are not an easy format to play.
To be fair he has been doing well on Indian pitches in Tests. This one is due to scratchiness with a long break.

Don't tell me that good for nothing Rahul again got a place in our test XI. He is worst ever Indian test batter to play 50 tests and his stats confirm that.

GReat bowling by Hasan Mahmud. I'm already fan of him. Simple action, great release ,good balance. Great asset to have in bowling friendly conditions just like Bhuvi Kumar.
Yea. He reminds me a lot of Bhuavneswar kumar. pitching on a length moving in and out consistently.

Taskin is drenching in sweat already. You will see people cramping up if batsmen survive for long.

Don't tell me that good for nothing Rahul again got a place in our test XI. He is worst ever Indian test batter to play 50 tests and his stats confirm that.
He is brilliant sometimes but consistency is missing. It was harsh to drop someone like Sarafaraz who is great player of spin.

He is brilliant sometimes but consistency is missing. It was harsh to drop someone like Sarafaraz who is great player of spin.
Selectors should have figured out by now that Rahul is not meant for cricket. Had he been any good, he won't have been averaging in mid 30s despite playing 50 tests.

He is suited for LOI matches. Tests need practice which he does not do.
I mean if there is no foot movement ,Cummins and hazlewood will exploit it for lbws.He used to struggle in his early career due to incoming deliveries. I hope it's practice issue.

This humid weather is Chennai is not good for pacers to have longer spells.
BCCI should have rest Bumrah for the atleast 1st test.

This has been the case for INdians for the last 5 series or so. Same old story of Ashwin or Jadeja or Axar saving them. Indian batting has been a flop for a long time at home.

This has been the case for INdians for the last 5 series or so. Same old story of Ashwin or Jadeja or Axar saving them. Indian batting has been a flop for a long time at home.
Last England series was different because of sarfaraz and jurel

Back