New Zealand Invitation XI v Pakistanis | Tour Match | Queenstown | Nov 18-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like the match is 12 on 12....

NZ INVITATION XI
CD Cumming, TG McIntosh, DR Flynn, BJ Watling, GD Elliott (captain), JEC Franklin, RA Young, TS Nethula, DR Tuffey, TG Southee, IE O'Brien, BJ Arnel
PAKISTAN
Imran Farhat, Khurram Manzoor, Fawad Alam, Mohammad Yousuf (captain), Umar Akmal, Faisal Iqbal, Sarfraz Ahmed, Yasir Arafat, Abdur Rauf, Danish Kaneria, Mohammad Asif, Salman Butt

Notible omissions...MALIK / AJMAL / GUL / AKMAL / AAMER...seems like they are resting them and are sure to play in the first test

Last edited:
UsmanhailsAfridi said:
Seems like the match is 12 on 12....

NZ INVITATION XI
CD Cumming, TG McIntosh, DR Flynn, BJ Watling, GD Elliott (captain), JEC Franklin, RA Young, TS Nethula, DR Tuffey, TG Southee, IE O'Brien, BJ Arnel
PAKISTAN
Imran Farhat, Khurram Manzoor, Fawad Alam, Mohammad Yousuf (captain), Umar Akmal, Faisal Iqbal, Sarfraz Ahmed, Yasir Arafat, Abdur Rauf, Danish Kaneria, Mohammad Asif, Salman [Butt/QUOTE]
'I think :butt and the Arnel guy are the 12th man

Yea those two (Butt and Arnel) are 12th man for their teams.

Cricinfo has no mention of the match on their mainpage...they don't even have the series link posted on the top...

UsmanhailsAfridi said:
i think i read somewhere that 12 will play with 11 bat / 11 field

Depends if both teams agreed on it. Not really sure whether that happened for this game though.

How can Pakistan rest players for this match?

This is the only warm-up for a test series. Geez, make use of it.

mindless slogging said:
How can Pakistan rest players for this match?

This is the only warm-up for a test series. Geez, make use of it.

Malik don't need practice yaar...he is a GREAT batsman :inti

If the team is listed in the batting order, then Faawad at #3?

Why not Bhanja?

Nice stuff from Rauf.

Hopefully Pakistan will finish them off in a hurry cause we need a lot of batting practice.

look at the Pakistan side playing in the tour match and Saj bhai was asking for more tour matches.

From where are u getting these updates? I cant see anything on cricinfo.

UsmanhailsAfridi said:
Malik don't need practice yaar...he is a GREAT batsman :inti

Lol they did this to him in the Sri Lanka series aswell, if I remember correctly. Everyone thought he may get dropped but he returned. What is it with Shoaib's and always returning....... :akhtar :malik

so who will be batting for Pakistan at #3 now that there is no YK...i know moyo or malik don't have the guts...so who is the gonna be the bakra...

Good spell by Asif...5 overs for 7 runs..no wickets but its more important for him to get into rhythm and build stamina...wickets will come

Apnacricket said:
fawad alam.

poor guy...he seems to be the makeshift player of teh pakistan team...don't ahve an opener lets put him theree....dont have a lower order batsman put him there....unfortunately all these different spots in the batting order has taken its toll on Fawad's young career...

So in this 3 day match we're only playing with 4 bowlers in Asif, Rauf, Arafat and then spinner Kaneria. That's looking good!

saeed-sohail said:
Does this mean kathak maharaj will definitely play in test match?
He has been promoted to a ballerina now. :malik

mindless slogging said:
Lol they did this to him in the Sri Lanka series aswell, if I remember correctly. Everyone thought he may get dropped but he returned. What is it with Shoaib's and always returning....... :akhtar :malik

poor shoaib khan jr did never return =P

captain is in, expecting a partnership now. I hope Yousuf throws the ball to fawad alam :) seems like the only captain who used to do that was shoaib malik.

Break In Play: NZ INVITATION XI - 60/3 in 22.0 overs (DR Flynn 25, GD Elliott 3)

Excellent stuff - Just logged back into the scorecard to see them at 60-4. Pleased to see Kaneria getting into the act and getting 2 wickets hopefully more to come for Pak InshahAllah.

Uh oh.. I have a feeling the worst scenario is going to occur.. Good for nothing players like Farhat, Iqbal, Rauf, Kaneria to perform very well in this match and get picked for the first Test! :-(

Paradox said:
Uh oh.. I have a feeling the worst scenario is going to occur.. Good for nothing players like Farhat, Iqbal, Rauf, Kaneria to perform very well in this match and get picked for the first Test! :-(

N.Z. XI have Obrien, Tuffey, Southee and Franklin. So if there is a hint of movement, none of the batsmen will do anything.

Insha'allah fawad will get a century, show these other middle order peeps how to hold his wicket and score sum decent runs...

lets see what farhat and manzoor pull off... oh man this is so exciting cant wait to wake up in the morning and check the score..

mindless slogging said:
N.Z. XI have Obrien, Tuffey, Southee and Franklin. So if there is a hint of movement, none of the batsmen will do anything.

Will be a decent practice for your batsmen then, that would have been NZ's first choice attack at some stage in the past years. All decent bowlers.

Asif is back for another spell :) Only 4 bowlers, maybe Imran Farhat aka Shane Warne can have a go? :D

Partnership starting to frustrate now. iAskInzi should iThrow the ball to iBrow maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back