Pak Vs SA: Test 3: Day 2: Score Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 more to Asif, through the slips.

Lead is 159

right...under 180...advantage S.A.....over 180...advantage pakistan ...anyone agree ?

saffer said:
right...under 180...advantage S.A.....over 180...advantage pakistan ...anyone agree ?
No - realistically 250 would be advantage Pak. SA had 4 bowlers. PAk effectively have 2.

target 161.....should be easy for SA unless Asif bowls a dream opening spell!!

161......ticklish little target the commentater said...

50 minutes to bat.......it's all going to come down to these first 15 overs I think .....

oh man...I'm biting my nails....

Easy win for Pakistan now. South Africa will be blown away by early Asif wickets and then Kaneria finishing the rest.

after nazir and sami now kaneria is OUT, pakistan finish at 186 with a lead of 160 runs. SO the saffies need 161 runs to win, can pakistan win it or south africa will walk away with it ??

Oxy said:
No - realistically 250 would be advantage Pak. SA had 4 bowlers. PAk effectively have 2.
Oxy don't discount Sami. I've seen him like this before. When the situation REALLY calls for it, you can jut sense he is up for it. He throws himself around on the field, becomes an annoyance with the bat, and produces 1 or 2 crucial wickets.

Yes, it is very rare, but I just feel like he is in that sort of mood right now.

Rob H said:
Easy win for Pakistan now. South Africa will be blown away by early Asif wickets and then Kaneria finishing the rest.

are you supporting pakistan??

What a legend- Asif drags one from outside-off and gave a lolly-pop to mid-wicket- He really cannot bat- but he doesn't need to with the way that he bowls- ComeOn man - now its upto u. We need two quick wickets to open the flood-gates

If only the top and middle order had showed the guts, grit and determination that Sami and Nazir showed we wouldnt be in this mess!

Wasnt the best of shots by Asif - but thats life as a tail ender.

Time to stretch my legs - excercise my jaw muscles!

Pak 186 all out.

SA: 161 to win

Rob H said:
woah, talk about a different perspective.

before it gets nasty....may I offer a friendly "good luck (but not too much") ...and whatever happens thanks guys for a great series...you fought wonderfully...

Pakistan needs atleast 2 wickets today. three will be great. not too much runs conceded so bowling and fielding has to be good

kablooee87 said:
Oxy don't discount Sami. I've seen him like this before. When the situation REALLY calls for it, you can jut sense he is up for it. He throws himself around on the field, becomes an annoyance with the bat, and produces 1 or 2 crucial wickets.

Yes, it is very rare, but I just feel like he is in that sort of mood right now.

I only 'discount' Sami - because he will be expensive.

Bilsher007 said:
after nazir and sami now kaneria is OUT, pakistan finish at 186 with a lead of 160 runs. SO the saffies need 161 runs to win, can pakistan win it or south africa will walk away with it ??

No.

That late flurry of 20 or so by Boucher hurt us there, or we would have a lead of over 180 here. Oh well, least we've got something to make a fight of it with.

161 is a tricky target and it can go either way depending upon the starts both the teams get. Asif and Kaneria will be the key but it would be better if Sami and Nazir contribute this time

what a funny test match....over in 2 days 2 hours :)))

Last edited:
anything less than 3 wickets tonight and S.A should win....3 wickets or more.....it's going to be a sleepless night...

Rob H said:
That's a bold prediction or is it sarcasm zindabad?

Oxy said:
How many overs are left tonight?

22.4 overs left according to Cricinfo. But the commentators just said that we would have 50 mins of play at the most tonight

Last edited:
161 is defendable,but Akmal cannot afford to lose those catches.yeah ,pak have to utilise half chances .

161 on this pitch is defendable but I think we are about 50 runs short.

We need every bowler to be on the spot and we need to take all our chances (catches, stumpings, all lbw appeals need to be given etc).

50 mins today............about 10 overs. If we can knock 2 or 3 over we can still go into day 3 with a very good shout.

Salam guys,

We need to get Smith early to have a chance in this one...if he stays for 10 overs then it will be very hard for us oh and please drop sitters....thank you!

Never mind. Sky was going crazy. Play will resume.

4 inning changes in 2 days!

'Rameez be ready at 7:15'

'No, I have that Inzi thing'

'The inzi thing will finish by 6:30'

Hahahaha

siddharth said:
If Pak win this match and series ,they are easily the World cup winners 2007 :19:

yeah except this is test cricket and the world cup is ODI cricket.

Jackass invited Rameez at 7.30 down at the pool and has asked him to wear shorts.

first ball Smith hits Asif for six over long on!

Hash said:
err no it hasn't mate

I KNow I am sorry. Sky made me think it was.

Guys, its just gonna be like the 1st test. Except easier. Btw, we ARE like 30 runs short. Had we gotten them, it would have been quite easy. We'll have to get Boucher if we start off flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back